Windows 10: Cannot customize notification bar

Discus and support Cannot customize notification bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello friends. New here so forgive me if this is not the right place to ask. I recently bought the Asus Zenbook and cannot customize the notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gurinder, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Gurinder Win User

Cannot customize notification bar

Hello friends. New here so forgive me if this is not the right place to ask.
    I recently bought the Asus Zenbook and cannot customize the notification bar. I right click taskbar>properties>notification area>customize but the next page does not load. It is just a grey box like this.
    Cannot customize notification bar [​IMG]

Anyone know how I can fix this?

:)

Gurinder, Apr 27, 2016
  2. JoeKoppel Win User

How do I get W10 to stop trying to install and get it out of my task tray?

Yes I have been through this process twice and it does not work. I have uninstalled the update and hidden the update but the W10 icon is still running in my task bar.

Even if I go to "customize notification icons" and select "hide icon and notifications" from GWX it still is in the task bar and I cannot get rid of it. This is a very invasive and unwanted behavior, MS needs to BACK OFF from trying to take over our computers.

JoeKoppel, Apr 27, 2016
  3. window 10 reservation program keep crashing "GWXUX has stopped working"

Right click on the task bar , go to properties. In the task bar menu hit the customize button. when you see windows 10 change to : hide notifications and icon.

kijanainari, Apr 27, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 27, 2016
  5. Gurinder Win User
    Thank you for the reply.
    Unfortunately that is not what I am after. What I am looking for is this.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Cannot customize notification bar [​IMG]

Gurinder, Apr 27, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot customize notification bar - Similar Threads - Cannot customize notification

2. News Bar Customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News Bar Customization: I recently installed the MS News Bar beta from the microsoft.com. It works well scrolling news and a couple stock tickets. That being said, I downloaded it because I was under the impression that the content on the News Bar was customizable. What I'd really like to be able to...
  3. News Bar Customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News Bar Customization: I recently installed the MS News Bar beta from the microsoft.com. It works well scrolling news and a couple stock tickets. That being said, I downloaded it because I was under the impression that the content on the News Bar was customizable. What I'd really like to be able to...
  4. News Bar Customization

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task bar customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar customization: Do we have to modify or add what we need in the following location highlighted in red? <CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection> <defaultlayout:TaskbarLayout> <taskbar:TaskbarPinList> <taskbar:UWA AppUserModelID="Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge" />...
  6. Task bar customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar customization: Do we have to modify or add what we need in the following location highlighted in red? <CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection> <defaultlayout:TaskbarLayout> <taskbar:TaskbarPinList> <taskbar:UWA AppUserModelID="Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge" />...
  7. Task bar customization

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Custom Notification Sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Notification Sounds not working: I wanted to customize the notification sounds with something more recognizable but it doesn't play the sound. It can be selected and saved normally but pressing the test button or making it play by other means (i.e. removing or plugging in devices) doesn't make it play. The...
  9. Notification area customize

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area customize: Hi I have 9600 machines I manage in a small school system. Is there a way through the registry or GPO to customize what icons are always shown? It seems to be an all or nothing deal. I want certain ones to show and of course students don't have any access to these settings....
  10. Customize the Notification Area Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize the Notification Area Icons: Hi ! In Windows 7 there was a pannel to customize which icons you want to show or hide in the Notification Area. Like this : [img] Does this pannel got deleted in Windows 10 ? If yes, is there a solution to hide/show icons from the notification area ? The options...