Windows 10: Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found"

Discus and support Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has got to be the most frustrating issue I've ever encountered. Second time in the last month. I'm trying to delete a folder on my F:\ drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by riqrat, Dec 16, 2016.

1. riqrat Win User

Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found"

This has got to be the most frustrating issue I've ever encountered. Second time in the last month.

I'm trying to delete a folder on my F:\ drive.

It has a long name: "Palomino Blackwing Leather Pencil Roll"

It's now empty. I want to remove it from my hard drive.

I get this error message:

Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found" [​IMG]

"Item Not Found".

Cannot rename it. Cannot move it. Created another folder with exact same name in exact same location and tried to delete. Only the new one deleted.

How do I remove this? Why is this happening (and so often now)?

TIA

:)

riqrat, Dec 16, 2016
  2. ckristi Win User

File disappeared after moving

I accidentally deleted a message today in Windows 10 mail. I went to the "deleted items" folder & found it. When I right clicked on the message, I "moved" it to the inbox folder. When I went back to the inbox it wasn't there & it had also disappeared
    from the "deleted items" folder. What now? Where did it go? Is it gone forever?

ckristi, Dec 16, 2016
  3. Dillybars Win User
    Folders

What is the difference between these folders: "Sent Items" (which is starred) and "Sent" - "Deleted Items" and "Trash" My sent emails go into the "Sent Items (starred)" and my deleted emails go into the "Deleted Items" So what are those other two folders
    (Sent and Trash) used for?

Dillybars, Dec 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 17, 2016
  5. redwdc Win User
    I have had this happen and found that after a reboot the folder is gone.

Don't ask me why it sometimes still appears as if it's still there.

redwdc, Dec 17, 2016
  6. riqrat Win User
    Thanks, but still unable to remove directory. Fileassassin, btw, didn't offer me an option to delete the folder, only files.

Could not delete it in Safemode either.

Thanks.

riqrat, Dec 17, 2016
  7. riqrat Win User
    I've rebooted several times to no avail. Thanks.

riqrat, Dec 17, 2016
  8. redwdc Win User

Try booting from a CD or USB device.

redwdc, Dec 17, 2016
  9. riqrat Win User
    I tried using my Recovery disk and going into Command mode.

Still see it but cannot remove it.

riqrat, Dec 17, 2016
  10. riqrat Win User
    Downloaded and installed Unlocker.

It worked!

riqrat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found" - Similar Threads - Cannot Delete Folder

2. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  3. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  4. Cannot delete a folder from deleted items from Windows Mail

Cannot delete a folder from deleted items from Windows Mail: I am unable to permanently delete a folder from Windows Mail. I keep getting the error " The ***** folder could not be deleted"Version: 16005.14326.20206.0* Moved from Windows Live Mail...
  5. unable to delete icon ~ item not found message

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to delete icon ~ item not found message: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home Edition on a Dell XPS 8700 desktop computer. The computer is running Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928). I was downloading a .pdf file using the Free Download Manager program yesterday and when it was completed there was an icon on my...
  6. Documents folder "item not found" error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Documents folder "item not found" error: My user folders like Music, Videos, Pictures and Documents can be accessed, but no files can be created, moved or edited. All of these user folders give me a "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:/Users/myusername. Verify the items location and try...
  7. Cannot delete FOLDER "Could not find this item"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete FOLDER "Could not find this item": Hi, I cannot delete a folder that despite showing, keeps saying Item not found "Could not find this item" whenever I try to delete it. [img] I have also tried this method using command prompt (Admin): [img] Please help... 151280
  8. Deleted Items Folder.

Deleted Items Folder.: I have 4 Hotmail accounts signed in via the W.10 mail app. All were working fine. Now I find the 1st account I added has many emails going direct to Deleted items folder. I want these emails delivered direct to my Inbox folder. How do I correct the issue ? Thanks....
  9. Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found: I cannot delete my old school's OneDrive for Business folder because I completely uninstalled the OneDrive for Business Application. Now every time on startup and at random times I receive a pop up telling me the Synced Folder cannot be found. I have tried to find the...
  10. Win10 'Item not found' error when deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 'Item not found' error when deleting a folder: In C:\Users\name\Videos I'm trying to delete several folders. They all say "Item not found, Could not find this item". This all started after using Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 12. After every session it adds another miscellaneous folder into 'Videos' which cannot be delete or...