Windows 10: cannot delete my win10 licence key, cause old pc broken down

Discus and support cannot delete my win10 licence key, cause old pc broken down in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, i built myself a new computer and it is all running fine(posting this thread from it), but my old pc doesnt boot anymore cause reasons idk and know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zearpex, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Zearpex Win User

cannot delete my win10 licence key, cause old pc broken down

So, i built myself a new computer and it is all running fine(posting this thread from it), but my old pc doesnt boot anymore cause reasons idk and know i have my "WIN 10 RTM Professional Retail" -licence key but i cannot activate it on my new build, because i can't deactivate it on my old one. Is there any solution like a online portal where i can bind my licence to an other hardware?
    Looking forward to your answers.*Wink

:)

Zearpex, Aug 25, 2018

2. Upgrade licence key to WIN10 online

Hi,

I installed WIN10 Pro Preview a couple of month ago to my step father computer. The Preview is getting to expiration and I try to make him upgrade to WIN10 (hard thing cause I'm not living in the same country as him).

The thing is, when he try to install WIN10 with the installer tool and try to enter the licence under his computer which is initially for WIN7 it doesn't work.

So I guess the best thing would be to install WIN7 back and upgrade but sounds not like the simpliest thing.

Is there a way to upgrade the licence key online ? Or can we call the support for software to ask them to upgrade the key ?

ThiebaNono, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, Aug 25, 2018
  4. kps-uk Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 without a licence key

Hi,

I have a 10 year old laptop which originally was running Windows Vista. Due to the manufacturer date of the laptop, I was entitled to the free upgrade to Windows 7, which I kept until the roll-out of the Windows 10 upgrade. When my laptop upgraded to Windows
    10, I did not pay for the upgrade and did not receive a licence key.

1. If I go to the Windows 10 download tool and select install with the 'keep Nothing during the upgrade' option, will I require a licence key?
    2. Can I build the laptop from scratch if it was originally a Visa machine or will I need to step from Vista to 8.1 to 10?
    Regards

Keith

kps-uk, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot delete my win10 licence key, cause old pc broken down - Similar Threads - cannot delete win10

2. Games cause my PC to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games cause my PC to shut down: I'm playing Insurgency Sandstorm, and it causes my PC to shut down and reboot after the intro finishes. Not the only game this happens in; Hitman 3 also. When on DirectX 12. I can run games like Star Citizen, Battlefield 2042, and Cyberpunk 2077 with max settings perfectly...
  3. Games cause my PC to shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games cause my PC to shut down: I'm playing Insurgency Sandstorm, and it causes my PC to shut down and reboot after the intro finishes. Not the only game this happens in; Hitman 3 also. When on DirectX 12. I can run games like Star Citizen, Battlefield 2042, and Cyberpunk 2077 with max settings perfectly...
  4. How to find Win10 licence key in my Microsoft outlook account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to find Win10 licence key in my Microsoft outlook account?: I ve upgraded Win10 from Win7 for free I have two outlook accounts. According to the official windows statement all who did that have theirs profucts keys stored in their accounts? How to locate it? Best regards...
  5. Cannot activate Windows using Retail Key from My broken PC

Cannot activate Windows using Retail Key from My broken PC: Hello. I cant activate after fresh win10 installation after hardware change mobo, cpu, memory. I was annoyed, I bought another key, activated. Now my brother want to install win10 - completed but there is a problem with activation. I gave him this old - unused key and he...
  6. Win10 digital licence key

Win10 digital licence key: Hi I am wondering my Old PC says that i am activated like this windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account and now i bought new PC and i want to transfer my licence and windows to new PC and old pc will not be used anymore....
  7. Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc

Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc: Hello, Thank you in advance for any response or feedback as this is the first time I am in need of help from these forums. Basically I am building a new rig and I want to transfer my product key from my old pc to my new pc. I have done back in the day the free upgrade to...
  8. old hardware licence

old hardware licence: Ok so a bit of background before my question... I had purchased a laptop for my daughter a few years back with windows 7 on it, when the offer to upgrade to 10 for free came up I did so. Jump ahead to this past August I bought her a new laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. My...
  9. Win10 upgrade on old PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 upgrade on old PC: Okay, here's one out of left field for you guys. I have an Intel Pentium 4 Northwood sl6wk (Yes I am aware that Jesus owned a computer running the same) It meets all the Win10 requirements with flying colors though and is a very fast CPU even by today's standards. I...
  10. cannot delete my win10 licence key, cause old pc broken down

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete my win10 licence key, cause old pc broken down: So, i built myself a new computer and it is all running fine(posting this thread from it), but my old pc doesnt boot anymore cause reasons idk and know i have my "WIN 10 RTM Professional Retail" -licence key but i cannot activate it on my new build, because i can't deactivate...