Windows 10: Cannot delete User Pin once created

Discus and support Cannot delete User Pin once created in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Win 10 Home With multiple Users, it appears that once you have created a pin number, you cannot go back and no longer use a PW or PN. Must create... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by emeth, Aug 3, 2015.

1. emeth Win User

Cannot delete User Pin once created

Win 10 Home

With multiple Users, it appears that once you have created a pin number, you cannot go back and no longer use a PW or PN.

Must create a PW first and then you can create a PN

You can delete the PW but not the PN

:)

emeth, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Gornski Win User

Cannot delete write protected, user created temp excel file

Hello, I recently acquired a nokia Lumia 625 and I am having trouble removing a write protected file located on the phone memory.

Here is what happened: seeing that I had office on the phone, I wanted to try and open excel files (office 2007) I created on my computer, and copied 2 folders containing those files in the "Documents" folder on my phone, figuring that that's where the user's
    excel files are store on it. I accessed it via the computer, although I forgot that I had one of the files already opened and copied a temporary hidden excel file starting with "~$" with it.

I have managed to delete all the other files and one folder from the phone, however I cannot remove that one particular file or the folder containing it, as the file seems to be write protected, and I do not have access to it's permissions to change it.
    So now I am left with a folder and a file that cannot be deleted in my "Documents" folder on my phone (not the SD card).

I would really appreciate if there is a way to remove both the "protected" hidden excel file and the folder containing it from the phone.

(I have admin rights on the pc, if that's any help)

Thanks

Gornski, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Cannot delete write protected, user created temp excel file

I cannot delete any files from the Phone Memory as well as the memory card from my device Nokia Lumia 625. It shows a write procetction message..."Cannot delete ****:The Storage is write proctected. Remove the write protection and try again. "

if I copy any files in the SD card, a copy of the sane file is dispalyed in the device. ie. for eg. a MP3 song file named yaadon Ki baarat, will be displayed twice or more than twice, in the device. The same file will be displayed only once in the Phone
    Memory when connected to a computer and cannot be deleted.

I do not want to hard reset my phone. Pls help.

thanks / regards,

Harshad Patkar

HarshadPatkar, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  5. emeth Win User
    emeth, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot delete User Pin once created - Similar Threads - Cannot delete User

2. Cannot create a pin on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create a pin on my laptop: Hey I need help with my proline laptop I cannot create a pin it got stuck and it doesn't show a way forward https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-pin-on-my-laptop/0a288d9d-6ccd-40d5-aeeb-ab906fa678f1
  3. Cannot create a pin on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create a pin on my laptop: Hey I need help with my proline laptop I cannot create a pin it got stuck and it doesn't show a way forward https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-pin-on-my-laptop/0a288d9d-6ccd-40d5-aeeb-ab906fa678f1
  4. LOG IN BLOCKED -- CANNOT CREATE PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOG IN BLOCKED -- CANNOT CREATE PIN: I cannot log in to my PC running Windows 11 using my account anymore. In the past, I just got a sign in screen and entered a password. Suddenly, Microsoft started prompting me to sign into my account. At first, it did not recognize my password. Then I changed the password....
  5. LOG IN BLOCKED -- CANNOT CREATE PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOG IN BLOCKED -- CANNOT CREATE PIN: I cannot log in to my PC running Windows 11 using my account anymore. In the past, I just got a sign in screen and entered a password. Suddenly, Microsoft started prompting me to sign into my account. At first, it did not recognize my password. Then I changed the password....
  6. cannot able to delete user created by tuid virus he create a user account which have all...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot able to delete user created by tuid virus he create a user account which have all...: help plz tuid effect my whole file unable to delete user or switch user on program file in c drive and in other folder it I ALREADY uninstall and reinstall whole window still i cannot able to access my program file : and my all file on encrypted with a online crypto key...
  7. Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello: I cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello after a factory reset of Windows 10. When I click the ADD button under PIN, the little spinning circle icon appears and it just keeps spinning forever. One time after restart I also succeeded to start Window Hello with a local account,...
  8. Cannot Create Pin on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Create Pin on Windows 10: Cannot Create Pin on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-pin-on-windows-10/c3d7fa9c-88f8-491e-975d-24723922f9e9
  9. Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder: My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened. Now when I go...
  10. Cannot delete download once drivers are installed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot delete download once drivers are installed: I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question so if it isn't, please let me know. I've downloaded drivers for my NVIDIA graphics card and have installed them, however I cannot delete the original EXE from my download folder, I get a popup telling me that the...