Windows 10: Cannot disable driver signature enforcment

Discus and support Cannot disable driver signature enforcment in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello i have windows 10 1607 Redstone 64Bit i want to install flashtool drivers to flash my android phone. at first i see it couldnt install so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by efilan, Oct 19, 2016.

1. efilan Win User

Cannot disable driver signature enforcment

hello
    i have windows 10 1607 Redstone 64Bit
    i want to install flashtool drivers to flash my android phone.
    at first i see it couldnt install so i googled a bit and found that i need to disable driver signature enforcment,
    so i found 2 solutions:

1_going to advanced troubleshooting option by holding shift while clicking restart or just going to settings>update and security>recover>advanced option and press restart
    2_by doing some Cmd command to edit the "bcdedit.exe' file

i tried both of them and the results i get are all negative
    none of them works for me.
    1_i dont have advanced options...i only have "turn off pc" in the blue screen that appears(*Shock)
    2_the cmd cannot find the file "bcdedit.exe" while i found it and it exists.(*Eek)

i tried google again..but this was like no one had this before...so i found here.
    what should i do?

---
    i took some videos by my phone to make it easier to understand my problem (the quality may be a bit low):
    Cmd not working
    No Advanced Trouble Shooting Options

:)

efilan, Oct 19, 2016

2. How to disable driver signature enforcement permenently.

Sir i have hasp key driver. I cant install it. my windows version is 10 64bit. After i does disable driver signature enforcement option. After instlalled my driver and it is work good... but after restart my computer and hasp key is not work. I does
    disable driver signature enforcement again. Hasp key is work again. But its not work normal strartup . Its work only disable driver signature enforcement mode. Plz help me. How can i fix this problem. How to disable driver signature enforcement permenently.

AshanMaduranga, Oct 19, 2016
  3. AustinGJ Win User
    'Organisation has used windows defender application control to block this app' (Windows 10 home)

Atilakaraca this solution works for me too. I have the same issue where I cannot run anything unless I reboot and disable driver signature enforcement. I don't think windows defender actually has anything to do with it since I disabled it and it still
    gives me that error message but disabling driver signature enforcement lets me run executable files. I was wondering if there is a permanent fix instead of rebooting and selecting this issue each time

AustinGJ, Oct 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, could you please post a screenshot of Disk Management?

Windows key + X, click Disk Management

Thanks

dalchina, Oct 19, 2016
  5. shimshom Win User
    If memory serves me right when you restart after going through your option 1 going to settings>update and security>recover>advanced option and press restart you need to tap F7 when it restarts to get to the screen where you''re given the option to stop driver enforcement

shimshom, Oct 20, 2016
  6. Sven1458 Win User
    Disable driver signatureenforcement win W10, 8, 8.1

a. Press the Win+ C and click on PCsettings.
    b. Switch over to the “Update& recovery” section.
    c. Then click on the Recoveryoption on the left hand side.
    d. Once selected, you will see an advanced startup sectionappear on the right hand side. You will need to click on the “Restart now” button.
    e. Once your Computer has rebooted you will need to choose the Troubleshoot option.
    f. Then head intoAdvanced options.
    g. Then StartupSettings.
    h. Since we are modifying boot time configuration settings, youwill need to restart your computer one last time.
    I. Here you will be given a list of startup settings that youcan change. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”.To choose the setting, you will need to press the F7 key.
    Hope this information helps.

Sven1458, Oct 20, 2016
  7. efilan Win User
    @dalchina
    Thanks for reply, here is the screenshot:

Cannot disable driver signature enforcment [​IMG]

@shimshom @Sven1458
    Thanks for reply, i have done the process again but there is no option in the blue screen.
    see this video:
    (Converting...will be ready soon)
    (the video size is 500MB *Shock need to make it like 30MB or less to upload)

efilan, Oct 20, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 20, 2016
  9. efilan Win User
    well my disk is already in MBR format:

Cannot disable driver signature enforcment [​IMG]

i read the topic...uh...i have to make a recovery partition myself?
    and ... i dont know about older BIOS thing...how do i check that?
    ---
    I had windows 8 before and i had advanced options in that...
    when i upgraded to windows 10 ( i did a clean install) they are gone.

efilan, Oct 20, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Windows RE Troubleshooting Features
    See:
    Recovering from Startup Failures

Ok it talks about '8, but same thing.

As you're not seeing the advanced startup options, you're not accessing the WinRE environment which for GPT disks is in the Recovery partition, and I assume for BIOS/MBR configurations like yours is in the System Reserved partition.

You should be able to access advanced recovery options by booting from an external Win 10 medium.

You could try startup repair from that- I don't know if it will fix the problem, but worth trying.

dalchina, Oct 20, 2016
  11. efilan Win User
    So...i will do a chkdisk and after that I will put in the win dvd and go into recovery options...correct?

efilan, Oct 20, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Hi, chkdsk won't help here. But by all means run chkdsk C: /F if you like.

yes.. you should be able to get to disable driver signature enforcment

and using that also run startup repair and then see if you can then access advanced startup options from Windows as above.

dalchina, Oct 20, 2016
  13. efilan Win User

so i didnt done chkdsk.
    i put the dvd in and go into "repair my pc" and then select "troubleshoot" and "startup repair" but it failed!
    it said "startup repair couldn't repair" or something like that and gave me 2 option...back to advanced option or shutdown...

uh...there was a command prompt there...if i do the "bcdedit.exe ..." parameter there...will it work??

efilan, Oct 20, 2016
  14. efilan Win User
    -Duplicated-
    -Reserved-

efilan, Oct 20, 2016
  15. dalchina New Member
    Ok, time to do some checks on your disk.
    Download and run Crystal Diskinfo and post a screenshot of its window- it gives a quick good/bad indication.
    Download and run Macrorit Diskscanner and post a screenshot of its window

dalchina, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot disable driver signature enforcment - Similar Threads - Cannot disable driver

2. Driver signature enforcement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver signature enforcement: I disabled driver signature enforcement by accident/ I tried to enable it again and I’m not sure if I did it correctly l whenever I try to load a game Easy anti cheat says it needs it enabled. Is there any way I can check and see if I have it enabled or is there a way to...
  3. Driver signature enforcement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver signature enforcement: I disabled driver signature enforcement by accident/ I tried to enable it again and I’m not sure if I did it correctly l whenever I try to load a game Easy anti cheat says it needs it enabled. Is there any way I can check and see if I have it enabled or is there a way to...
  4. Driver signature enforcement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled: Hello. I had disabled Driver Signature Enforcement using the Command Prompt, but now i can't enable it no matter what i do.At the bottom right of my windows i still have the Test Mode watermark, and i know that Driver Signature Enforcement is not enabled, because multiple...
  6. Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled: Hello. I had disabled Driver Signature Enforcement using the Command Prompt, but now i can't enable it no matter what i do.At the bottom right of my windows i still have the Test Mode watermark, and i know that Driver Signature Enforcement is not enabled, because multiple...
  7. Driver Signature Enforcement Is Disabled

8. Driver Signature Enforcement

Driver Signature Enforcement: Hi All, A Day ago my computer would not boot and got stuck in a repair boot loop. I then did the bcdedit and i could finally see what went wrong. A "driver digital signature could not be verified" stopped everything. so I disabled driver signature enforcement and it booted....
  9. Can't booth with driver signature enforcement disabled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't booth with driver signature enforcement disabled.: I'm attempting to boot up with driver signature enforcement disabled, but when I select the option and the computer starts booting it turns off and starts up with it enabled....
  10. Cannot disable Driver Signature Enforcement

Cannot disable Driver Signature Enforcement: Hello, I am trying to disable driver signature enforcement, however I cannot do so. I've tried all the following methods. Using advanced boot option, the command prompt commands (bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on, bcdedit /set testsigning on) However, whenever I reboot...