Windows 10: Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500

Discus and support Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Prior to installing Windows 10, I would disable the touchpad on my PC (hate it!) by going to Settings - Mouse Properties - ELAN - Stop Device. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NancyD, Aug 26, 2015.

1. NancyD Win User

Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500

Prior to installing Windows 10, I would disable the touchpad on my PC (hate it!) by going to Settings - Mouse Properties - ELAN - Stop Device. Since installing Windows 10, the ELAN device does not show up under devices and I cannot disable. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

NancyD, Aug 26, 2015
  2. JTN11021 Win User

Touchpad won't work while typing

Please help. I just got a Lenovo Ideapad Laptop with Windows 10. Every time I try to hold down a key it disables to touch pad. This makes it really hard to game. I have an ELAN touch pad. I've tried EVERYTHING. I've disabled PalmTracking, I've went into
    the ELAN registry and set all values to 0 for PalmTracking. Nothing works. My driver version is: ELAN Touchpad 11.4.95.1_X64_WHQL

JTN11021, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Touchpad driver on ASUS laptop

I have an ASUS B43S Business laptop. I had similar problems when I first installed Windows 7 and Windows 10, but I can't remember the magic trick that fixed it.

The ASUS B43S comes with one of two touchpads: ELAN and Synaptics (now Lenovo). Mine has the ELAN touchpad, but device manager insists on recognizing it as Synaptics and it keeps installing the synaptics driver. Unfortunately the Synaptics driver does
    not have one function I need: the option to disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected.

I have a license of DRIVER TOOLKIT, but it gets just as confused as Windows. Unfortunately, ASUS does not provide Windows 10 drivers, so I cannot manually install it.

Anyone know how I can get out of this mess? Is it possible to force Window to recognize the touchpad as ELANtech?

David P. Vancouver, Aug 26, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Have you looked in Programs for ETDWare? Try uninstall it from there.

brummyfan, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500 - Similar Threads - Cannot disable ELAN

2. Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.: Yes, I went to settings and checked. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to device manager. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to the registry and checked every last thing and no, none of those disable it.Please I just want to be able to use my...
  3. Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.: Yes, I went to settings and checked. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to device manager. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to the registry and checked every last thing and no, none of those disable it.Please I just want to be able to use my...
  4. Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lenovo V15-IIL Elan Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lenovo V15-IIL Elan Touchpad: I just bought this laptop and I can not find how to turn off the Pinch Zoom.In devices it just says Elan Pointing device and the tabs stop at Hardware.I have the latest Lenovo touchpad drivers installed.Other people have mentioned a Nav Tab or an Elan tab to change what the...
  6. Elan Touchpad Disable

Elan Touchpad Disable: After update 20H2 the Elan Touchpad on my HP Pavillion that had been previously disabled became re-enabled. I went to device manager to disable but found that the ability to disable is no longer an option. I uninstalled device using the device manager and it re-installs...
  7. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  8. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: I have an HP laptop I purchased in January 2019. I spent three days last year working with a tech person to disable the Elan touchpad that came installed. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and enabled the touchpad. Please tell me how to disable it again. It is a constant...
  9. Disable ELAN touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ELAN touchpad: I have an HP laptop 17-by0073cl ...when I got it a few years ago, I kept having a problem with the font size changing all the time just by brushing across the touchpad. Someone gave me the solution where I had to change a code and it worked great....for months and months....
  10. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64