Windows 10: Cannot disable system notification sounds...

Discus and support Cannot disable system notification sounds... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm having annoying problem, since I hate system sounds, I have them always disabled... Last times however (after some "fantastic"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kysioo, Mar 17, 2016.

1. kysioo Win User

Cannot disable system notification sounds...

Hi everyone,

I'm having annoying problem, since I hate system sounds, I have them always disabled...
    Last times however (after some "fantastic" auto-update propably) windows changes my "no sound"
    scheme to "default windows sounds" every reboot. Any ideas??

:)

kysioo, Mar 17, 2016

2. Samsung Focus - Disable alert sound when charging and when taking a picture?

Hello JayP-37,

The camera sound cannot be disabled. I think the notifications you disabled are not the ones related to the system sounds that are played upon events like charging or taking a picture. I would suggest you check the phone settings and disable all sounds,
    or put the phone in silent mode. Thanks a lot for posting!

Patrizia R., Mar 17, 2016
  3. catecarr Win User
    Waterdrop sound effect

I have actually realised that this waterdrop sound is audible even when Firefox is not running. I searched some more and found that one should disable this notification in IE, however, the option to disable this notification sound is greyed out. So
    I cannot disable it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

catecarr, Mar 17, 2016
  4. Cannot disable system notification sounds...

You can delete all the schemes permanently. Start - Run - Enter/OK.

reg delete "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps" /f

TairikuOkami, Mar 17, 2016
  5. kysioo Win User
    yep that killed him... thanks a lot *Cool

kysioo, Mar 17, 2016
  6. But what would have caused the problem in the first place, and is it something likely to effect other people? I had sounds shut off in Win7 and that setting was kept in my upgrade to Win 10. Control Panel->Sound->Sounds Sound Scheme is set to "No Sounds". What is there in Win10 that would change it to Windows Default?

pokeefe0001, Mar 18, 2016
  7. kysioo Win User
    I dont know... With W10 I have this feeling of being more and more without control over it... Even though I have a clean install of it, ridiculous uac disabled and more, sometimes stupid things do occur... well I think that almighty MS has decided to be more like Apple with their MacOS... only time will tell whether this was right approach...

kysioo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot disable system notification sounds...

1. Cannot disable system notification sounds... - Similar Threads - Cannot disable system

2. Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.: If I set a timer in the clock app Windows 11, when the timer ends it plays a sound, how do I change this sound? If I search for this online I find people and articles pointing me to changing the system sounds but cannot find anyone saying exactly which system sound to change,...
  3. Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.: If I set a timer in the clock app Windows 11, when the timer ends it plays a sound, how do I change this sound? If I search for this online I find people and articles pointing me to changing the system sounds but cannot find anyone saying exactly which system sound to change,...
  4. Sound Card Disabled by system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Card Disabled by system: Can somebody help me with this?Pretty sure it has something to do with driver-matching and/or memory integrity, but I've updated everything and it persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card-disabled-by-system/8e7c108b-84a7-4529-8d25-c5c93fcc4c88
  5. Sound Card Disabled by system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card Disabled by system: Can somebody help me with this?Pretty sure it has something to do with driver-matching and/or memory integrity, but I've updated everything and it persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card-disabled-by-system/8e7c108b-84a7-4529-8d25-c5c93fcc4c88
  6. 'Allow notifications to play sounds' option is locked, cannot disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Allow notifications to play sounds' option is locked, cannot disable: Since the update yesterday July 8th 2021 all notifications are playing sounds, and System sounds continues to unmute itself within the volume mixer.I searched a bit and found some potential solutions, but now I've run into a problem because the setting I'm suppose to disable...
  7. Cannot Change System Sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Change System Sounds: I change the sound in system sounds and the change saves, but the sounds triggered by the event do not change. I get the same chime for every event. I would like something different for new emails. Thanks....
  8. Disable notification sounds from specific app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable notification sounds from specific app: What else do I need to do to make this stupid OS behave like I tell it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-notification-sounds-from-specific-app/5139c73b-509c-4521-9df7-f728e897b059
  9. No system notification sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No system notification sound: Every system notification sound doesn't play at all, but when I click TEST for an item in sound setting, it can play the sound. [img] 73216
  10. system notification sounds overly loud

in Windows 10 Support
    system notification sounds overly loud: hey guys ive noticed the notification sounds are way too loud. if i go into system sounds and hit the little green 'test' button it plays nicely at a normal level. but when the actual notification comes in i get this boosted version of the same sound that is extremely...