Windows 10: Cannot Disable Touchpad

Discus and support Cannot Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ASUS G75 notebook. I cannot find a way to disable the touchpad since upgrading to Win 10. I've googled and cannot find a solution anywhere.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hcour, Jan 14, 2016.

1. hcour Win User

Cannot Disable Touchpad

I have an ASUS G75 notebook. I cannot find a way to disable the touchpad since upgrading to Win 10. I've googled and cannot find a solution anywhere. I've tried deleting the driver, Windows just re-installs it. I've tried disabling the software at startup thru Taskmanager, that doesn't disable the touchpad. Any help much appreciated.

EDIT: Got it. Disabled it in the bios.

:)

hcour, Jan 14, 2016

2. Cannot disable touchpad after windows update.

Hello after I installed newest update for windows 10 i cannot disable my touchpad with fn+f9. Is there any other way to disable my touchpad?

Original title: TouchPad

privietandrej, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Touch Screen is broken, and Windows10 turned it back on

Hi,

If issue persists, try the steps provided in the thread mentioned below and see if it helps you to disable touchpad.

Cannot disable touchpad with Windows 10

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

Cannot Disable Touchpad

1. Cannot Disable Touchpad - Similar Threads - Cannot Disable Touchpad

2. Disable Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Touchpad: Tried everything to disable my touchpad and there is no way in my settings to disable it. Then I found that I have a Windows App called Synaptics Touchpad. I clicked the Start Button, clicked All Apps, scrolled down to Synaptics Touchpad, clicked it and it opened up and there...
  3. Cannot Disable or Uninstall Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Disable or Uninstall Touchpad: [Following up on this now-closed thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-touchpad-while-using-a-mouse-anymore/328745ad-2d14-4d48-907b-98d4f8f4ef5e] It is impossible to disable or even uninstall my touchpad driver. When I uninstalled and...
  4. disable touchpad

disable touchpad: Windows 10, HP laptop, Pavilion I cannot find the best forum for this question and was directed here. I cannot keep my fingers off the touchpad, and cannot uninstall it. Here are the steps I have taken. Please advise as to what I should do differently. Hold down the...
  5. Disable Touchpad

Disable Touchpad: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and Windows 10. I have tried everything to try and disable touchpad but have been unsuccessful. Under touchpad on the settings it only allows me to have low sensitivity but nothing gives me option to disable. Can you help? I have tried...
  6. Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad

Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad: First, I have reviewed all the relevant threads and followed all suggestions. HP laptop running Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909. There is no "Clickpad" or "Touchpad" button under my mouse settings. There is no checkbox to "Leave touchpad on when external mouse connected." I have even...
  7. Touchpad Cannot be Disabled

Touchpad Cannot be Disabled: My new HP 250 G7 laptop with Windows 10 v 1903 has the latest Synaptics touchpad driver 19.5.35.26 but in settings the option to disable it is not active. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still cannot disable the touchpad by any means. HP says the settings are...
  8. disable touchpad

disable touchpad: How to disable touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad/f428698e-7f74-4aa6-9c6b-be1431f17d6d
  9. Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10: I recently acquired a refurbished Sony VAIO (model VPCF115FM). The system has a clean install of Windows 10 with no software changes. There is software by Sony that allows the touchpad to be disabled, but it is incompatible with Windows 10. I have followed advice of...
  10. Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500

Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500: Prior to installing Windows 10, I would disable the touchpad on my PC (hate it!) by going to Settings - Mouse Properties - ELAN - Stop Device. Since installing Windows 10, the ELAN device does not show up under devices and I cannot disable. Does anyone know how to fix this?...