Cannot download from Store

Discus and support Cannot download from Store in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Despite having had a new Windows account page created and a new download of the Store I still cannot get any apps to download from the Store. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jun 6, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

Despite having had a new Windows account page created and a new download of the Store I still cannot get any apps to download from the Store. When I try I get the uninformative response "Something went wrong". The error code is Ox80090016. There is I think a PowerShell Command which could help but I have not found it yet.

:)

clayto, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Syed N Win User

CANNOT DOWNLOAD FROM STORE

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to reset Windows store cache memory and check.

Follow the steps below to clear Windows Store cache memory:

• On the desktop screen, press Windows key and R to open run box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.
    Please run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

• Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    Do reply with the status.

Syed N, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Divya Murugan Win User
    Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot download from Store - Similar Threads - Cannot download Store

2. Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours: Hi Windows 10 updated always downloads and installs updates during my active hours which slows the computer to a crawl. I have checked and double checked the active hours settings and it still downloads and installs the update (luckily it doesn't auto restart). Why is...
  3. software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer: i think i connected my wireless bluetooth computer to my laptop but when i tried to print i get a software communication error and nothing prints...
  4. Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game): The Snap Attack game (a.k.a. "Wordament Snap Attack") was retired as of May 18, 2018. The game can no longer be played (online or offline) and is no longer available for download. Given this, I see no need to keep it on my system. Operating system: Windows 10 Home...
  5. Cannot remove old account from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  6. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  7. Problem with downloading and usinf office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with downloading and usinf office 365: Hi I have Windows S and am having a problem with regard to Office 365. When I have downloaded it from the Microsoft store I get the following error 0x80070002 and am unable to open the corresponding apps. I have tried to resolve this by running various trouble-shooters and...
  8. Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of...: Hello, I have an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop (64 bit OS) using Windows 10 Home. I was recently forced to first attempt to repair and then finally restore Windows 10 using a downloaded ISO file. The restore was successfully completed, and most of my files were retained;...
  9. printer cannot be found by the network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer cannot be found by the network: Error shows printer cannot be found by the network, it prints ok but this message appears when opening page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-cannot-be-found-by-the-network/754c02af-574c-4458-a938-3de6079bbf46
  10. Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 is blocking iCloud Photos causing excessive download...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 is blocking iCloud Photos causing excessive download...: I enabled Controlled Folder Access (Defender ransomware protection) in Windows 10 1 day ago. I saw some notification warnings saying various programs were blocked, iCloudPhotos being one them. iCloud tray icon also reported problems writing to its default location and that...