Windows 10: Cannot Download OneDrive

Discus and support Cannot Download OneDrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My OneDrive was not syncing and it was not in the hidden icon folders, so I followed the advice to uninstall and then try to reinstall. There were 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bishopjr, Jul 15, 2018.

1. bishopjr Win User

Cannot Download OneDrive

My OneDrive was not syncing and it was not in the hidden icon folders, so I followed the advice to uninstall and then try to reinstall.

There were 2 OneDrives, one with the cloud and the other as a folder. I uninstalled the cloud OneDrive and the folder OneDrive would not uninstall.

I went to the download center and clicked the "Need to reinstall? Click here to download" and tried to reinstall. It launched the Setup and started to dwonload, but I received a message that says "A newer version of OneDrive is installed. You need to uninstall it first before installing this version", which I cannot do.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

:)

bishopjr, Jul 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, Cannot Download OneDrive :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

• Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    • When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Cannot Download OneDrive

REINSTALL ONEDRIVE

Try these steps out and let me know how it goes:

• Right-click Start button, choose Run
    • Type appwiz.cpl and click OK
    • Find "Microsoft OneDrive" in the list and uninstall it
    • Restart your computer
    • Go to the
      OneDrive Download Page here
      and click the "need to reinstall?" link on the page to get the new installer
    • Let me know if the installer has any trouble this time

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Download OneDrive

1. Cannot Download OneDrive - Similar Threads - Cannot Download OneDrive

2. Cannot Restore OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Restore OneDrive: I got an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** titled: "ACTION REQUIRED: Signs of ransomware detected." It contained a button labeled: Go to OneDrive.com. When I click it, it briefly goes to my OneDrive but them routes me to:...
  3. Cannot Restore OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Restore OneDrive: I got an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** titled: "ACTION REQUIRED: Signs of ransomware detected." It contained a button labeled: Go to OneDrive.com. When I click it, it briefly goes to my OneDrive but them routes me to:...
  4. Cannot uninstall Onedrive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot uninstall Onedrive.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NICULL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpzpfu/cannot_uninstall_onedrive/
  5. Cannot log in to onedrive

Cannot log in to onedrive: I keep receiving the following message. "There is a problem signing you in, please try again later" Is there a way to fix this? I do not know what I am doing wrong? my one drive started acting up a while ago and tried to change things and now I cannot log in. Thank you,...
  6. OneDrive Download

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Download: I have moved certain folders of some applications to a separate Drive named 'H', from my 'C" Drive, because I was afraid of losing these files in the cloud in the event of formatting the C Drive. These include 'Outlook PST' folder, Folders of OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox,...
  7. Cannot sign on in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot sign on in OneDrive.: The one drive icon in my task bar is gray with a line thru it. when I open it the icon ask for me to sign in but it will not let me. What do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-on-in-onedrive/fda0001b-6d58-4d7f-b047-7c3889e03b87
  8. OneDrive slow downloading

OneDrive slow downloading: Good morning, I have very slow downloading from OneDrive. Now my home PC runs on W10P, i5 8gen core with 8GB of RAM and fiber connection at 1Gb downloading speed. Folders from my OneDrive (pay monthly) are downloading at 600-700kB/s. With this speed 25GB what I need to...
  9. OneDrive Download Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OneDrive Download Issue: OneDrive app Issue - When I open any folder under OneDrive, there is a message that says, “Download the OneDrive mobile app.” I can’t delete it from reappearing. See insert. . My computer is only 3 weeks old. And, I do not have a mobile phone. This what I have done:...
  10. OneDrive Auto Download

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Auto Download: Wasn't sure where to put this one, so feel free to relocate. I got this interesting dialog this morning, never seen it before. [img] 105521

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot download onedrive