Windows 10: Cannot download to Windows desktop

Discus and support Cannot download to Windows desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Windows Home, I recently lost the ability to download to my desktop. There's never any error, just nothing happens when I try. I can't download or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GaryMe1, Aug 17, 2018.

1. GaryMe1 Win User

Cannot download to Windows desktop

Hi
    Windows Home, I recently lost the ability to download to my desktop. There's never any error, just nothing happens when I try.
    I can't download or save files to the documents folder either but I can to Downloads.
    However some programs like Lightroom can save photos to the desktop, but I can't download to it form the web. }
    Also, I can't install any programs now. Each individual program I try comes up with it's own error which is not a Microsoft one, and I can't install a thing.

As far as I know I am up to date with updates as I just got some yesterday.

I went on youtube and it was on about permissions and I did as it suggested to ensure I had permissions but that hasn't had an impact. Any suggestions?

:)

GaryMe1, Aug 17, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 17, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Cannot download to Windows desktop

Windows 10 desktop renamed "downloads"

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

How did you exactly change the default folder for downloads to desktop? Is it through Internet explorer/through any other source?

As the issue started after setting the default folder for downloads to desktop, I suggest you to change the default folder for downloads to Download folder. (Follow the same procedure as you have did to change the default folder for downloads
    to desktop)

You may try this steps and check if you are able to rename the folders names for desktop and downloads.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows explorer.

• Click on This pc on the left navigation pane.

• Open the drive where Windows 10 is installed. (Ex: open C:/ drive if the Windows 10 is installed in c drive)

• Click on Users and select
      user name
      . (user name is the user you have logged in to the computer at present)

• Right click on Downloads folder and click on
      Rename and change to Desktop. (Do the same step for the Desktop folder also)

You may try to reset the view settings of the folders and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Click on the This PC on the left navigation pane.

• Click on the View tab at the top of the File explorer window.

• Click on Options and select
      Change folder and search options

• Navigate to the View tab in folder options window.

• Click on Reset Folders. (Click on Yes if any dialog box prompted)

• You may click on Restore defaults
      to restore the default settings for the folder.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Cannot download to Windows desktop

1. Cannot download to Windows desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot download desktop

2. "Windows architecture is not supported" Cannot download Google Drive for desktop on Surface...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows architecture is not supported" Cannot download Google Drive for desktop on Surface...: Downloading Google Drive for desktop from chrome works until I am asked to allow Google LLC to make changes on my computer. I hit yes and immediately get an error saying "Windows architecture is not supported"This is a new computer. How can I download Google Drive? I use a...
  3. "Windows architecture is not supported" Cannot download Google Drive for desktop on Surface...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows architecture is not supported" Cannot download Google Drive for desktop on Surface...: Downloading Google Drive for desktop from chrome works until I am asked to allow Google LLC to make changes on my computer. I hit yes and immediately get an error saying "Windows architecture is not supported"This is a new computer. How can I download Google Drive? I use a...
  4. I cannot download whatsapp on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download whatsapp on my desktop: when I had the app the system asked me to update since the version was going to expire and I tried to do so multiple times but in vain. after the version expired I tried to update again but it didn't work so I had to uninstall the app delete the file and try to download and...
  5. I cannot download whatsapp on my desktop

I cannot download whatsapp on my desktop: when I had the app the system asked me to update since the version was going to expire and I tried to do so multiple times but in vain. after the version expired I tried to update again but it didn't work so I had to uninstall the app delete the file and try to download and...
  6. I cannot download whatsapp on my desktop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. I cannot download word documents on my desktop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot download word documents on my desktop on windows 10: I cannot download word documents on my desktop. The file finishes downloading but never gets saved on the computer. I have got a new Dell Inspiron 15 and I have lots of space too on my computer. I do not have this issue with any other type of file....
  8. Cannot download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download: I cant see to download 1 program HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download/dda1f504-fdaf-4848-ac75-c29ecc6ab25c
  9. Download to Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Download to Desktop: I do not have drop down options in my Settings/Storage page to Change my default Download location from This PC to the Desktop? Where can I find the option to download onto my desktop? Brooke...
  10. I cannot download fitbit for my desktop from the Windows store

I cannot download fitbit for my desktop from the Windows store: When I click it nothing happens. I have downloaded it in the past, but the connect and sync have disappeared. I hadn't used my fitbit charge 2 for a year as the strap broke and I didn't bother getting a new one until now....