Windows 10: Cannot drag on touch in windows apps

Discus and support Cannot drag on touch in windows apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book. The problem is in Microsoft Store apps, I cannot drag on touch (It scrolls instead.) Please help me, I am using a drawing app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WalleBot, Jul 18, 2018.

1. WalleBot Win User

Cannot drag on touch in windows apps

I have a Surface Book. The problem is in Microsoft Store apps, I cannot drag on touch (It scrolls instead.) Please help me, I am using a drawing app. Tapping works fine though. Thanks!

:)

WalleBot, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 18, 2018
  3. shuggans Win User
    vb.net touch screen app help

Even without that, windows is natively handling the panel touch scrolling. Clicking does nothing, but if you touch the panel behind the buttons and drag, it does scroll. I either need to block that from happening, or pass that through onto the buttons and get rid of my handled code. The app is a sample application... the actual one is much more complicated and developed way further along... this is actually the last part that I need to figure out before general/testing/production... so I am reluctant to completely scrap the project and start again if I can find a way to make this work. The MS samples show that touch handling can be done with win forms...

shuggans, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot drag on touch in windows apps - Similar Threads - Cannot drag touch

2. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  3. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  4. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar: As you can see in the picture I cannot drag and open files to the apps in the taskbarEx: html files to a browser, txt files to a text editor. I am having this problem since I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. In windows 10, It will automatically open the window when you...
  6. Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar

Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar: As you can see in the picture I cannot drag and open files to the apps in the taskbarEx: html files to a browser, txt files to a text editor. I am having this problem since I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. In windows 10, It will automatically open the window when you...
  7. Windows Touch click and drag delay/deadzone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Touch click and drag delay/deadzone: It seems there is a deadzone where a click-drag does not register. You have to drag past this for anything to happen. Needless to say, this is problematic for the accurate manipulation of anything. Is there a way to disable or adjust this deadzone? It was mentioned here a...
  8. Cannot move a window by dragging.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot move a window by dragging.: I cannot move any window by dragging. I can only move Chromium Edge a bit by grabbing on the tab. Edit: I use a laptop, Windows 10 v1909, Logitech M590 Bluetooth mouse. submitted by /u/th3userscene [link] [comments]...
  9. Touch pad can't click and drag things

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad can't click and drag things: I'm having trouble left clicking things like tabs and dragging them around or clicking on photos and dragging them into a different folder. My touchpad can't seem to click and drag things anymore....
  10. Cannot enable touch input in Windows Connect app.

Cannot enable touch input in Windows Connect app.: Hello, I am trying to enable touch input in Windows Connect app. Everytime I connect my Samsung Galax S9+ to my laptop (I project to the laptop), I get message which says 'touch input' is turned off, and enable it by going under the Action Center, click 'Connect' and check...