Windows 10: Cannot Dual-Boot Windows 10 On Same PC With Same Key

Discus and support Cannot Dual-Boot Windows 10 On Same PC With Same Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a working PC and has an app (Autodesk Revit Architecture) already running good. However, I would prefer to have it running 'only' on an OS.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by caxtin, Mar 31, 2018.

1. caxtin Win User

Cannot Dual-Boot Windows 10 On Same PC With Same Key

I have a working PC and has an app (Autodesk Revit Architecture) already running good. However, I would prefer to have it running 'only' on an OS. Called Microsoft support to know if I can dual-boot Windows 10 on the same PC with the same key; I was told "No" I cannot use the same key. I thought as much.

No, my PC runs without the login screen which means, I power the PC on and it boots straight to the desktop which is how I planned it. Now, since I cannot do a dual-boot (two Windows 10 on same PC with same key) on my current Windows, can I then create a new profile, install Revit and still be able to change to the new profile without logging in to either boot? I don't like using password on my PCs.

In other words, can I boot to the desktop, log out to log in to the other profile (Revit Profile) without the login screen?

Thanks in advance.

:)

caxtin, Mar 31, 2018
  2. Ugo Lopez Win User

Using the same product key twice on the same pc

Ciao,

you can both use the same product key or clone your disk.

A detailed step-by-step guide using EaseUS free software can be found here:

https://www.todo-backup.com/backup-resource/dat...

Hope this helps, please let me know.

Ciao

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Mar 31, 2018
  3. Karim_HT Win User
    Dual boot with same OS, that is Windows 10 Pro on both

Thanks Andre.

Let me see if I understood your posting. You have installed a dual boot with Win10 on both "boots". And you have activated both installations with the same digital license. You did not needed an additional license key to activate either installation.

Am I right?

Karim_HT, Mar 31, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

New profile? Should be able to but will probably need a password on one to get the choice to pick which on the login screen [ I had to do it that way on one of my computers when I set it up to dual-boot RTM and IP versions].

Most likely the second install of the same is seeing the same hardware already has a digital entitlement/license therefore the activation is failing.

Berton, Mar 31, 2018
  5. caxtin Win User
    I feel your point in using a new profile. Guess I can't eat my cake and have it also. I'd rather use a new profile (clean log in) with a password to be able to do what I need. I will create a new profile. Thanks for the information, well appreciated!

caxtin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Dual-Boot Windows 10 On Same PC With Same Key - Similar Threads - Cannot Dual Boot

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key: Can i dual boot my Windows 10 Pro OS on same PC and will it work with same Product Key which i had purchased?I want to run 2 Win10 OS on the same PC. Since my hardware config will be the same will it accept the product key on both the same OS?Please clarify if anyone has done...
  3. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key: Can i dual boot my Windows 10 Pro OS on same PC and will it work with same Product Key which i had purchased?I want to run 2 Win10 OS on the same PC. Since my hardware config will be the same will it accept the product key on both the same OS?Please clarify if anyone has done...
  4. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dual Boot with same windows Product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot with same windows Product key.: I have setup a PC with dual boot windows 10 professional . This pc has its own OEM product key for windows 10 professional.in here can i use the same product key on both windows 10 ?...
  6. Dual Boot with same windows Product key.

Dual Boot with same windows Product key.: I have setup a PC with dual boot windows 10 professional . This pc has its own OEM product key for windows 10 professional.in here can i use the same product key on both windows 10 ?...
  7. Dual Boot with same windows Product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Activate Windows on dual boot with the same license key?

Activate Windows on dual boot with the same license key?: Can I activate both Windows 10 and Windows 11 dual boot on 1 computer with the same license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-on-dual-boot-with-the-same/198655be-ab87-4f23-bee3-d4ac335d65e0
  9. Dual Boot with same Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot with same Windows 10: I have a laptop with an SSD and a HDD. Windows is booted on the SSD and I read that SSDs dont last very long and was thinking when the SSD wont work anymore, I wont be able to use the laptop. So I wondered if I could partition the HDD and install the same Windows 10 on it...
  10. dual boot windows 10 and windows 10 on same PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual boot windows 10 and windows 10 on same PC: What happens If I reset the unused window 10 install on the PC? Currently either boots and both are activated by a digital license linked to my account. Would that affect the other installation? One install is from last year, the other install which we use every day is 2H02...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot win 10 and win 8.1 on same computer with same key

2. windows 10 dual boot with same activation key

3. windows 10 dual boot same key