Windows 10: cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu

Discus and support cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Wired issues popping up now... *Smile I cannot seem to be able to edit the tiles in the start menu. I cannot move, resize and add tiles.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gil, Apr 22, 2016.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu

Hi all,

Wired issues popping up now... *Smile

I cannot seem to be able to edit the tiles in the start menu.
    I cannot move, resize and add tiles.

I've checked the register for a value that disables edit in Policies Explorer under HKLM and HKCU and I have nothing there that suggest about disable edit.

Any idea?

:)

2. Martmcd Win User

Edit tiles in Start Menu

Martmcd, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Edit tiles in Start Menu

Hi Martmcd,

A job at Microsoft ...

I don't want be be the nuisance that makes hay of the upcoming updates ;-).

FransHarderwijk, Apr 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Someone noted here that temporarily enabling Tablet Mode may fix this.
    (apologies, attribution lost)

1. Open the Action Centre
    Turn on Tablet Mode (should all now go full screen)
    Try moving the tiles ..
    Open the Action Centre and turn off Tablet Mode
    Screen should be back to normal - try the tiles again.

2. Set full screen, then revert to normal
    3. Change user account to admin from user and back again if appropriate
    4. Try creating a new user account
    (if it works in a new user account, your user profile is corrupt, if not, Windows or a setting other than in your profile is corrupt).

You will be able to find more by using the search box above:
    start menu tiles stuck
    tiles don't move

etc.

dalchina, Apr 22, 2016
  5. GIL
    gil Win User
    Hi I'll do a search.

I can't enable tablet mode. This is a new user.

6. dalchina New Member
    cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu [​IMG]

Don't understand why 'new user' prevents you from seeing Tablet Mode in the Action Centre (blue fly-in on the right).

Could you post a screenshot like that or failing that, say what you see please?

dalchina, Apr 22, 2016
  7. GIL
    gil Win User
    It's just grayed out. Can't click on it.

8. dalchina New Member

Ok, please check if it works in a new user account or not.

If not, I think you will need to do an in-place upgrade repair install.
    Post back about the effect of creating a new user and I'll post instructions on that as necessary.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu - Similar Threads - cannot edit tiles

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  4. Cannot move random start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move random start menu tiles: I have certain start menu tiles, regardless of size, that can be displaced by other tiles, but if you try to move them anywhere on their own, they just snap back into their original position. This condition has existed for me I would say years now. As in the past, the only...
  5. Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?: Hello, I've been searching for a while but I couldn't find sufficient answers on how to do this. Is there a tutorial to manually make and set tile icons for 3rd party programs that fill up the tiles as a whole just like Store app icons, without using any editing...
  6. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  7. Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  8. How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?

How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?: I pinned tiles to the start menu from Edge, but they don't always work; when I click on them sometimes the url for some inexplicable reason becomes truncated so I get Edge's version of a 404 and I have to type the correct url into the address bar, then pin it again, which...
  9. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  10. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379