Windows 10: cannot enter HOMEGROUP after Build 10565

Discus and support cannot enter HOMEGROUP after Build 10565 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hey guys, after the installation of Build 10565, i cannot longer join the Homegroup. Tried this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jeffrys, Oct 14, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

cannot enter HOMEGROUP after Build 10565

hey guys,

after the installation of Build 10565, i cannot longer join the Homegroup.

Tried this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...76d9647?page=2

no good at all.

when i need to do the last step to give users full control, this does not happen. But i am administrator and own "MachineKeys". So i have full control.....

Any help appreciated.

in my network i see 2 pc's, mine and one other.

All 3 others computers do see 4 computers.

thanks for any help.

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Oct 14, 2015
  2. f_vo Win User

Cannot create or join homegroup on newly upgraded Windows 10 computers

hey, well i anwser to the mail of sept 8 here. I am on Build 10565 and cannot join the Homegroup after the update which happened on oct 15.

So i did leave the Homegroup on the 3 other pc's and now i cannot join either of them. I myself receive the message that there is no Homegroup, but i cannot recreate one either.

I hope to see the update FAST please.

thanks

François

3. f_vo Win User
    [solved] Windows 10 Cannot join create to home homegroup

well does not work for me.

right now i have 4 pc's in a network and since updated to build 10565, my own pc cannot join the homegroup.

So everybody left the homegroup, but nobody can get in anymore. (Had to do so with Windows 8.1 and then it worked).

When i want to join, i have to wait 30 minutes, then the screen asks for a password.

After that i can wait for another 30 minutes to get the message there is no homegroup.

Ok, there is no homegroup, but i cannot create one either....

Any help appreciated

Jeff

4. jeffrys Win User

hey guys,

removed everyone out of the Homegroup in order to recreate another, but cannot create one, am aksed to join the existing HOMEGROUP (after 30 minutes, come MS...)so give in the password and after....right another 30 minutes i get the message that there is NO HOMEGROUP...

So i am stuck:

reported this in Windows Feedback, on the MIcrosoft side and here, no luck so far.

thanks

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 16, 2015
  5. DUFFER Win User
    Create a new home group on one of the other computers and you should be able to join it. That's what I had to do for our 4 machines after upgrade to 10. (remove all home group associations and reboot all the machines before trying)

DUFFER, Oct 16, 2015
  6. jeffrys Win User
    hi Duffer,

i tried that, but no good. Every pc asks to join the homegroup.

the only solution i know (and i do not know if that will work), is to roll back on that computer where i changed the password with when i had the problems..

Do not want ot roll back myself to the previous version.

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 18, 2015
  7. DUFFER Win User
    hi jeffrys:

Are you using administrative accounts for all your moves?
    My normal account is not administrative and I just add the admin password when required but with 10, I have noticed that a lot of changes can't be made that way. They only work if you are already on an administrator account. Don't know why but that seems to be my reality. Once you remove a machine from the home group, after a reboot, you should be able to create a new home group (new name of course) and the others should be able to join. Create a new account if necessary so the new home group is not associated with the old user name ?????????? (clutching at straws)!!!
    Every OS iteration has its quirks and since each of us upgraded from a different configuration or version it is no wonder that weird things are happening.
    Best of luck.

DUFFER, Oct 18, 2015
  8. jeffrys Win User

Well Duffer,

every user here (4) had administrators rights, but i changed that for some reasons to guest.

All have me also as user-administrator, but when i change the user on another pc, just the same happens.

So right now i cannot create a homegroup on any pc, nor join it....

So i am stuck with this.

Until MS gives an update....

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 18, 2015
  9. DUFFER Win User
    Jeff

All i can offer is my condolences sorry. But chin up and get all your thumb drives out of storage and do what you have to.
    As an oldtimer, I trust that you don't have children or tweens on administrator accounts (not so worried about what they might do but rather what the net can do).
    I hope it will only take an update to solve your problem.

edit: try changing the other accounts to limited rather than guest who knows??? .........I only have one guest account for the grand kids when they visit

DUFFER, Oct 18, 2015
  10. neveready Win User
    Mine states that a home group is not allowed on this computer. Always was before.

neveready, Oct 19, 2015
  11. jeffrys Win User
    Well Duffer,

guest account is not exactly true, it are local accounts which is fine, since whenever i want to do anything i need to give in my pin to do so on those computers.

I do not want anything to happen when i am not around.

Above all, no strangers may touch our computers.

When i am away for several days, i am not logged in, so nobody can touch mine... i guess).

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 19, 2015
  12. DUFFER Win User
    Jeff
    Like you, no one else has access has unsupervised access (grandkids excepted) to our computers but I still never use an administrator account on line unless absolutely necessary. That way no outside entity can access the system.
    I know you must be sick of trying things from out in left field but have you tried creating the homegroup from a limited (local) account? I really wish I could offer you a logical solution but you have few others in your general situation and who knows when MS will offer a viable solution.
    Keep your chin up and be grateful that nothing can be as bad as DOS 4.

DUFFER, Oct 19, 2015
  13. jeffrys Win User

hi Duffer,

thanks for the nice words.

And yes, did try with a local account and Administrator.

True i always use an Administrator account.

As for MS: did gave them Feedback twice, did put it on Live.com and answers.microsoft.com

No luck so far.

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 19, 2015
  14. jeffrys Win User
    hey guys,

I am back with some more info. After getting the message that it was impossible to create a Homegroup, i finally
    could create one. Joining the Homegroup was impossible.

cannot enter HOMEGROUP after Build 10565 [​IMG]

All of a sudden i could create a Homegroup, but when entering the password i did get the message that another Homegroup was available. Strange from zero to two Homegroups? So since i could not use the last one, i did continue with the first one. Changing the password was the first move, to be sure everyone could join.

And it worked, only...everybody sees 4 computers in the Homegroup, but in the network i can see only 3.

The one i cannot connect to has exactly the same settings has the 2 others.

Strange.

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 28, 2015
  15. DUFFER Win User
    Jeff
    Is the one you can't see the one that created the other homegroup? If it is, try removing it. Who knows ???????
    Glad things are improving.
    On the other hand, since things improved by themselves, you might just want to be thankful for small mercies and leave well enough alone and in time it might heal itself.

DUFFER, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

1. cannot enter HOMEGROUP after Build 10565 - Similar Threads - cannot enter HOMEGROUP

2. 20H1 insider builds and regular builds still have the Homegroups menu, even after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H1 insider builds and regular builds still have the Homegroups menu, even after...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/videogamesm12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg89jw/20h1_insider_builds_and_regular_builds_still_have/
  3. Bing will not open as home page after Build 10565 upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    Bing will not open as home page after Build 10565 upgrade: Have run into a wired issue, and I'm not quite sure why. After upgrading to Windows insider build 10565 I am not able to open bing.com as my homepage in either Edge or Internet explorer 11. I can open any other page without issue, but not Bing. If I set google as my home...
  4. Updating to Build 10565

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating to Build 10565: I've was on insider builds since the very beginning. Once 10240 came out I did a clean install. Now, when i opt into insider builds, I get no option to install 10565. Anyone know how to fix this? 27032
  5. BSOD updating Win 10 Build 10547 to 10565

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD updating Win 10 Build 10547 to 10565: Windows 10 fails to update to the latest insider build on my computer. The update downloads the files and appears to get through the first 2 reboots fine (71% complete - Installing features and drivers). However, immediately after it completes the next reboot and goes to...
  6. Cannot connect Homegroup after the latest patch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect Homegroup after the latest patch: After the Anniversary update on our two PCs, I find that Homegroup will not connect the two. One is running Pro 64-bit and the other runs Home 32-bit. I can leave the Homegroup on my PC (Pro) and on the other. Then I create a new Homegroup on my PC and get the password....
  7. Cannot setup Homegroup

Cannot setup Homegroup: Hi everyone a few weeks back I shot myself in the foot by leaving the homegroup on all four of my machines. I did not realise that they were still subject to the set password, although I had left. The password remains valid and I have NO clue what the password was.*Redface...
  8. Cannot join HomeGroup

Cannot join HomeGroup: I have two computers, my desktop and my laptop which is a Lenovo T520 Thinkpad. My laptop is connected to a D-Link Smart switch via Cat 7 which is connected to my router as well as my desktop. I originally created a Home group on my desktop and then went to Home group on my...
  9. Updating to build 10565

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to build 10565: My desktop found and installed build 10565 without any problem, even when I was just signed on with a local account. However my laptop on build 10547 does not appear to be able to find build 10565 regardless of whether I am signed on with a local or MS account. The...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...