Windows 10: Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

Discus and support Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using Windows Live Mail 2012 as my email client for years. Due to Microsoft changes I decided to switch to Outlook 2016. I have installed... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sichuan, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Sichuan Win User

Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

I have been using Windows Live Mail 2012 as my email client for years. Due to Microsoft changes I decided to switch to Outlook 2016. I have installed Office 365 Personal, taking advantage of the free one year subscription, although I am considering cancelling and deleting it and purchasing the standalone Outlook 2016 product. When I registered for this forum I selected Office 2016 as my product since Office 365 Personal is not an option.

I have been trying for days to set up Outlook 2016, with no success. I've researched every article and forum I can find for answers, to no avail. I've downloaded every troubleshooter and analytical tool I can find while trying to configure Outlook 2016. I've read every tutorial I can find. I am trying to set up Outlook 2016 for two sbcglobal.net accounts and several live.com, msn.com, outlook.com and windowslive.com email accounts. One of my windowslive.com accounts is also my Microsoft email account.

I can't import WLM email accounts or email messages from WLM into Outlook 2016. I can't export WLM email accounts or email messages into Outlook 2016. I've received just about every error message imaginable, including "The export could not be performed. Your default MAPI store could not be opened.", "Cannot connect to server", "Oops, something went wrong" and other error messages.

I have received the test messages sent from Outlook 2016 to the sbcglobal.net email accounts but that's as good as it gets, which makes me wonder why I get a "Cannot connect to server" error message for the sbcglobal.net accounts while there's clearly "test messages" in the sbcglobal.net Inbox. I have attempted to set up a profile with Outlook 2016 but that's a no go also. I have tried to manually set up the email accounts in Outlook 2016 but that was unsuccessful. I have set Outlook 2016 as my default email client so that's not the problem. I have tried importing/exporting with both WLM 2012 and Outlook 2016 open and running so that's not the problem. I can't access the Import function in Outlook 2016 because I can't create a profile or set up my first account.

I am very familiar with setting up email accounts in email clients. I've done it successfully for years with WLM and I've also done it with Thunderbird, which I deleted after the first setup because I didn't like it. I don't have any problems with entering the correct server port numbers, authentication, the correct server type, SSL, incoming and outgoing addresses and so forth.

Why am I unable to export to Outlook, import from within Outlook or manually set up these email accounts? I simply can't understand what the problem is.

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided.

EDIT: I finally managed to successfully "add" the sbcglobal.net account into Outlook 2016. I had to click on "More Settings" in the configuration window, enable "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and also enable "use same settings as my incoming mail server". However, I was unable to import any of the Microsoft email accounts into Outlook 2016 from WLM. I then attempted again to "export" all my messages from WLM into Outlook 2016 and was successful. Exporting from WLM did not work before and I can only assume that the reason it didn't work is that I hadn't yet set up my first account in Outlook 2016.

I did encounter a problem when I exported all the Microsoft accounts to Outlook 2016. They did not export as individual accounts listed with the sbcglobal.net account. They ended up in the "outlook data file". I now have to expand the outlook data file if I want to access these Microsoft email accounts. How do I get them listed as their own individual email accounts in Outlook 2016 instead of being buried in the outlook data file?

Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016 [​IMG]

:)

Sichuan, Jul 2, 2016

2. Why does People not sync

Windows phone's have the worst sync story, unless you are going with a new Windows phone. Even a Nokia Symbian phone has a better story.

But if you want to just fix your contacts, the single best idea is to export them from the place where you have the most info, including dupes, and import them to a Google account. The google contacts import process tags the import and also resolves the
    dupes better than Microsoft.

You will need to export as CSV if you export from Outlook 2016, which is funny/frustrating because you won't be able to import the stuff you just exported in Outlook or People.

After you have the CSV, go to google. You can then Export from Google back into People and have a reasonable experience.

I wish I had a better answer than that but that's what eventually saved my bacon.

Good luck.

franla1917, Jul 2, 2016
  3. POBNaklua Win User
    Outlook 2007 and Windows 10 Mail/Calendar

Outlook 2007 can import from ics and vcs files but cannot export to them. I usually back up to xls files but this file type won't Import to the Win10 calendar app. Any suggestions?

POBNaklua, Jul 2, 2016
Thema:

Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

1. Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Cannot Export Import

2. Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016: I am having trouble moving a VM from windows 10 to Server 2016. I have updated Win 10 to 20H2 and applied all available windows updates. I created a VM on Win 10, exported it, and then copied to a server 2016 computer with Hyper-V installed but it does not present as...
  3. Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016: I recently went with Microsoft Office 365 and when trying to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 desktop client using Microsoft Exchange, an error message states there's no email program associated to perform the action and directs me to create an association...
  4. get error 0x80040201 when importing contacts from outlook 2016 to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    get error 0x80040201 when importing contacts from outlook 2016 to outlook 365: trying to import contacts from outlook 2016 to outlook 365 win10. get error: 0x80040201. help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-error-0x80040201-when-importing-contacts-from/d50a3d87-a6de-4ca5-b50d-67e9245817c6"
  5. Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016: I'm using a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have a subscription to Office 365 Home. I want to import 27 email accounts, 25 of them being Microsoft email accounts, into Outlook 2016. I don't know why, but the import process is not working properly. I first...
  6. I can not import a outlook file I exported.

in Browsers and Email
    I can not import a outlook file I exported.: Sorry if this has been asked before. In my documents folder I have a outlook file folder created automatically. I backed up to the same folder,seem to have worked okay. When i try to import i get this message This outlook data file (.pst) is already in use in the current...
  7. Outlook 2016 skip "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 skip "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard: Hi, OK I have read many threads and posts about the solution "ZeroConfigExchange". But it does'nt work for my Windows 10 clients. Windows 10 x64 Office 2016 Office 365 / Azure AD accounts Client computer is join with Azure AD so the users login with Office 365 accounts No...
  8. Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10: I need to export my Outlook 2016 Address book to a .csv file. I have done this many, many times in the past but now after I run the export the resulting .csv file when opened with Excel is completely blank except to row 1 which contains the headings title, first name, middle...
  9. Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016. After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do...
  10. Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?

Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?: I'm trying to help a friend who has just installed Office 2016 on her computer, which was recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10. She's been using Outlook.com and has accumulated a fair amount of email, contacts and calendar appointments. I've managed to get her email to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook error message when trying to import a .csv file that had poorly formatted data. So if you get this error message that might be the problem. Try deleting the .csv file exporting the data again and then importing it.