Windows 10: Cannot extract .cab files from new PC games, getting error messages

Discus and support Cannot extract .cab files from new PC games, getting error messages in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all. I've been trying to extract .cab files from PC games so I can find the audio files from the games and import them to iTunes (and convert them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by joeyc410, Apr 21, 2017.

1. joeyc410 Win User

Cannot extract .cab files from new PC games, getting error messages

Hi all. I've been trying to extract .cab files from PC games so I can find the audio files from the games and import them to iTunes (and convert them to .wav if necessary). I have two brand new games. The discs are in great shape, no scratches etc... When I try to extract the data from the .cab files with not just WinRAR or WinZip but literally any extraction program, I get a message that says something like "the archive file is in either an unknown format or is damaged", or "cannot open archive" etc... I am wondering if by chance, both discs somehow have corrupt files on them, or if there is some kind of protection being placed on the files to keep them from being opened? The games are from 2001-2003. They run perfectly fine when I play them, but I can't get to their files. I do have auto-play disabled on my computer because I rip other standard audio CDs with a specific program. Does that play a role?Thanks for any assistance!

:)

joeyc410, Apr 21, 2017
  2. Murtadha Win User

Extracted .cab file

I downloaded a game from
    https://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/domore/sudoku.mspx

instead of sending the .cab file to my device, the download extracted the contents of .cab on my PC. How can I install these files on my smarphone?

Murtadha, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Issues with installing Intel HD Graphics 3K drivers.

Hello,

I have a dual gpu laptop running on Windows 10.

However, one of my games requires the primary GPU, the Intel Integrated Graphics to work and not my secondary one, the NVidia GT 520M to run correctly. But, the drivers for Intel HD Graphics will not install correctly.

Running the correct .exe for my CPU/GPU from Intel's website will not work, nor will the .cab files from the Microsoft Update Catalogue. I can get them to show up in Device Manager by extracting the files from the cab, opening Device Manager, clicking on
    my Computer name and going to Add legacy hardware. Upon going there and picking find drivers manually, I went to Have Disk and went to the .inf of the Extracted GFX drivers. This adds it to device manager, but a Yellow Exclamation mark and a Code 31 Appear.

I love this game and I want to get it running correctly.

DETAILS

Windows 10 Home

A Intel Core i5 2410M

Error from Intel Driver .exes

"This computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run this software"

Error from installing .cabs from CMD Prompt

"The system cannot find the file specified"

BkajnlConcepts, Apr 21, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

Just because the extension say's .cab does not mean it's compatible with Microsoft's .cab files

sml156, Apr 22, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Many of the games I hear of problems with are coded so as to prevent copying or reverse engineering such as you wish. If only the sound is wanted I use Total Recorder, can set it to record ANY audio coming out of the speakers or headset. I just hit Record then start what I want to get the audio from.

Berton, Apr 22, 2017
  6. joeyc410 Win User
    Thanks all. The reason why I haven't been just recording the music is that I've wanted to get the music just as it was recorded for the game. I've been under the impression that when you record the music from your sound card, the best you can get is whatever your sound card is capable of reproducing, and not the original sound of the music files.

joeyc410, Apr 22, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Who's to say what you hear is what was actually recorded when the game was created, still at the mercy of the quality of the sound adapter/card in the computer.

For most uses Total Recorder works fine but it does have some adjustments in it one can make on the output.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot extract .cab files from new PC games, getting error messages - Similar Threads - Cannot extract cab

2. Issue with booting from USB to new pc, keep getting error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with booting from USB to new pc, keep getting error messages: I built myself a new pc because my laptop's GPU is old and failing to the point that my screen would often be entirely black and I couldn't see anything that was on the screen which is difficult when you have online classes. With the new pc build, I got a USB to install...
  3. Issue with booting from USB to new pc, keep getting error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with booting from USB to new pc, keep getting error messages: I built myself a new pc because my laptop's GPU is old and failing to the point that my screen would often be entirely black and I couldn't see anything that was on the screen which is difficult when you have online classes. With the new pc build, I got a USB to install...
  4. Issue with booting from USB to new pc, keep getting error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. ,cab file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ,cab file: need to install a .cab file for an older printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cab-file/5e3b9f70-41a5-4288-9bf1-298ccd4b0e80
  6. Extracting files from a BIN file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting files from a BIN file: I am using a USB thumb drive to update a Samsung soundbar. The Samsung download is a zip file. I have to extract that and copy to the thumb drive. I can extract the zip file which becomes a BIN file. That is still a compressed file and the soundbar won't read that. How do I...
  7. Pc cannot be reset (error message)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc cannot be reset (error message)?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] someone can write me a solution, please. Pc lässt sich nicht zurücksetzen (Fehlermeldung)?
  8. *.cab files

*.cab files: Hi, Is it safe to delete those files? Same dating from 2009. Best regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cab-files/7767cf26-5992-42bf-b29a-ac3a4a144362
  9. Cannot extract documents + other files from external SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot extract documents + other files from external SSD: Good evening, I have inserted the SSD from my Asus UX430UA to a drive caddy, which I connected to an older Samsung laptop. The Asus motherboard crashed recently, hence the necessity to tranfer the files from my Asus to the Samsung, until the Asus is repaired. Both laptops...
  10. Cannot Extract Files: Error 0x8007007F

Cannot Extract Files: Error 0x8007007F: I receive the error 0x8007007F when I attampt to extract zipped files. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Build 18329.1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-extract-files-error-0x8007007f/2d468dfa-56a5-46c0-8324-116c473dfdd8