Windows 10: cannot find administrator account!

Discus and support cannot find administrator account! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Win7 ultimate, 64-bit to Win10, and found that the windows update won't work. My password protected administrator account in Win 7... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MontanaAndy, Sep 20, 2015.

1. cannot find administrator account!

I just upgraded from Win7 ultimate, 64-bit to Win10, and found that the windows update won't work. My password protected administrator account in Win 7 does not show up. I have attempted to enable the built in admin. account, using options one and two, in the tutorial (2969) found here, and all I get is "access denied". In option two, I can see my old admin account name, but access is denied. Any ideas for resolving this problem would be appreciated. Should I just try option 4 in that tutorial? Gotta say I am NOT much of a tech.... just an old guy teaching myself what I can.... Thanks, in advance for your assistance.

:)

MontanaAndy, Sep 20, 2015

2. i cannot find my administrator account i hide it and now i aam on the guest account

I don't remember exactly what i did but know i can't access even settings and the user account control greyed out what can i do please help mee?

RobertoMechea18, Sep 20, 2015
  3. i cannot find my administrator account i hide it and now i aam on the guest account

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I'd be glad to help you.

When manufacturing PCs, you can use the built-in Administrator account to run programs and apps before a user account is created.

You can enable the built-in Administrator account during unattended installations by setting the
    AutoLogon setting to Administrator in the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup component. This will enable the built-in Administrator account, even if a password is not
    specified in the AdministratorPassword setting.

For further assistance, try to refer to the Microsoft article link, mentioned below and check, if it works:

Enable and Disable the Built-in Administrator Account:

Enable and Disable the Built-in Administrator Account

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

cannot find administrator account!

Brink, Sep 20, 2015
  5. Enter safe mode from the Windowes 10 settings > update> recovery >restore >troubleshoting > boot menu or a splash screen on a restart or cold start and re name the admin acct acct .bak folder in the registry then u can get in there .

It sounds like your PWL Admin user file profile is corruput this is easy to fix it almost takes longer to type than to do when somedbody I know calls me (usually in a panic) to fix that symptom or walk them through the fix it's almost too easy , way easier than buiding a new profile this has always worked for me (on a good hdd) ☻

read more:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

blutos cousin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cannot find administrator account!

1. cannot find administrator account! - Similar Threads - cannot find administrator

2. Cannot log into administrator account on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into administrator account on desktop: After updating/restarting, we are unable to login into administrator account since we cannot remember the password to the account. Tried restarting computer as recommended, but that brought us back to administrator login page. Updating the password to the Microsoft account...
  3. Cannot access administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access administrator account: I have just installed Win 10 on a new laptop it only had a win 10 trial preinstalled and I decided to format the SDD and install the system anew; I used a bootable USB made with media creation tool. I proceeded according to the steps, logged in with my microsoft account, but...
  4. Cannot access administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access administrator account: I have just installed Win 10 on a new laptop it only had a win 10 trial preinstalled and I decided to format the SDD and install the system anew; I used a bootable USB made with media creation tool. I proceeded according to the steps, logged in with my microsoft account, but...
  5. Cannot access administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Cannot disable default Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot disable default Administrator account.: The Administrator account remains on my log-in screen even after setting it to no longer be active. The account I am using is an administrative account separate from the account I am trying to disable. [ATTACH] I disabled the account through the administrator command...
  7. cannot get into my administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot get into my administrator account: Hello , my husband and i had changed our administrator account password and then misplaced the paper that it was wrote on. I am wanting to install a new application on the computer and am unable to do so because i dont have the admin password. we bought this computer from a...
  8. Cannot login as administrator account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login as administrator account disabled: Wondering if anyone could help me please. I purchased a second hand compute stick STK1AW32SC when I try to boot up it says the administrator account has been disabled and cannot get any further. How can I get logged in? Thanks...
  9. Cannot Log into Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Log into Administrator Account: Hello, I was working on my laptop when suddenly my system restarted and I lost all my personal files( I have a back up). However, I cannot login as administrator, it says you are logged in using temporary account. I tried resetting my laptop as well as I did the registry...
  10. Cannot find always run as administrator option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find always run as administrator option: I cannot get T-Clock to start on startup on my laptop. I'm guessing the problem is permissions because the clock64.exe and clock.exe files have the UAC shield on its icon. When I right-click the clock64.exe icon and go into Properties, I see no option there or in Advanced to...