Windows 10: Cannot find always run as administrator option

Discus and support Cannot find always run as administrator option in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot get T-Clock to start on startup on my laptop. I'm guessing the problem is permissions because the clock64.exe and clock.exe files have the UAC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gogreen, Oct 14, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

Cannot find always run as administrator option

I cannot get T-Clock to start on startup on my laptop. I'm guessing the problem is permissions because the clock64.exe and clock.exe files have the UAC shield on its icon. When I right-click the clock64.exe icon and go into Properties, I see no option there or in Advanced to run the program always as administrator. So how do I permanently change clock64.exe to run always as administrator? I'm running version 1607, build 14393.321. Thanks.

:)

gogreen, Oct 14, 2016

2. "Run As Administrator" right click option missing at start menu items

Hi,

Server settings are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help isolate the issue, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Is the Run As Administrator option working properly if Windows 10 is not deployed through SCCM?
    • Are you connected to a domain server?
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Oct 14, 2016
  3. "Run As Administrator" right click option missing at start menu items

Hi and thanks for the quick response.

1) Frankly I don't know how to deploy our custom WIM other than with the help of SCCM.

What I can say, though: It does sometimes work and sometimes not. So some of the deployed machines

are actin normal, some show that issue.

Makes thinks not easier to track, I know

2) If domain server does mean if these machines are member of an AD domain the answer is yes.

Cheers!

Chrisb_0815, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Arthur, *Smile

You are correct. It's because Windows will not allow apps to run elevated (run as administrator) at startup by default for security purposes.

However, you could use the tutorial below as a workaround to create an elevated shortcut of T-Clock, then place this elevated shortcut in your Startup folder.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 14, 2016
  5. pbcopter Win User
    Are you using T-Clock Redux the lastest version? 2.4.2 An update was made for Windows 10 Anniversary update.
    I am running the same version Windows 10 as you and when T-Clock Redux was installed, it ran and the default was to have it start when Windows started.
    No other permission changes were necessary.

T-Clock Redux

pbcopter, Oct 14, 2016
  6. gogreen Win User
    Thanks, Shawn. It's working fine now on my laptop with the workaround.

On my desktop PC, T-Clock installed just fine and runs at startup without the workaround. Both my laptop and desktop run the same Windows 10 version, and I've installed T-Clock Redux 2.4.2 on both computers, as pbcopter suggests. Why does the laptop need the workaround and the desktop PC doesn't? *Confused

gogreen, Oct 14, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Arthur. *Smile

If it runs elevated, it'll need the workaround.

You might see if what pbcopter posted above may be the issue.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot find always run as administrator option - Similar Threads - Cannot find always

2. Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?: In 99% of cases, I need to run CMD as an administrator. But I have to search for it and then click on the option to Run as administrator. When I click directly on the name or simply press ENTER, it won't start as administrator. Is it possible to set cmd not to be run other...
  3. Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?: In 99% of cases, I need to run CMD as an administrator. But I have to search for it and then click on the option to Run as administrator. When I click directly on the name or simply press ENTER, it won't start as administrator. Is it possible to set cmd not to be run other...
  4. Cannot run a program as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run a program as administrator: Hello,Last week, I sent my laptop to my IT team's company to install VPN for me to work remotely at home. So, everything went smoothly when I log in as usual into my windows but the problem is I can't open certain program which requires 'run as administrator'. Suddenly, it...
  5. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  6. "Run as Administrator" option keeps disappearing

"Run as Administrator" option keeps disappearing: Hello there Microsoft. In order to keep my desktop as clutter free as possible, I have added most of my shortcuts to the Start menu. One of the applications I use a lot is Visual Studio 2019. I therefore created a shortcut to this in %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  7. No "run as Administrator" option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No "run as Administrator" option: New PC build, new installation of windows. All seems good. But when I go to right click and run things as Administrator. The option isn't there. Logged in with a Microsoft account I've used before. It is however windows that hasn't been activated with a Key. Why can I not...
  8. Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator

Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator: How do you make a shortcut (on my desktop) always Run as a Administrator ? Thanks for any help with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/make-a-shortcut-always-run-as-a-administrator/c09bf487-952b-4a51-80ed-732ac96ea3b2
  9. cannot find administrator account!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot find administrator account!: I just upgraded from Win7 ultimate, 64-bit to Win10, and found that the windows update won't work. My password protected administrator account in Win 7 does not show up. I have attempted to enable the built in admin. account, using options one and two, in the tutorial (2969)...
  10. Running always an application with administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running always an application with administrative privileges: Hi I have Windows 10 v1703 and I would need that an application is always run with administrative privileges even when it is run by a user who has a Users's account. So, how should I do this? Thanks Bye 84349