Windows 10: Cannot find any parental control settings

Discus and support Cannot find any parental control settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot find any parental control settings for a user account I have created for my young child. I have read a number of blogs as well as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jodes, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Jodes Win User

Cannot find any parental control settings

Hi,

I cannot find any parental control settings for a user account I have created for my young child.

I have read a number of blogs as well as Microsoft's windows 10 help site, and it seems the options just aren't there.

I'm setting all this up from the administrator account, so that shouldn't be the problem.

For example, when I follow Microsoft's instructions, I do not see the option "Set up parental controls for any user".

What am I missing? Is there a way I can get to a parental control window by for example executing a command in cmd or similar?

If it makes a difference, none of the accounts on my PC have an associated Microsoft account - and I'd really prefer not to make one unless it really is necessary.

(As for the parental controls I'd like to establish, my child is 5 years old, so I'll probably have to install extra software so he can't accidentally delete important files if he accidentally ends up in windows explorer and gets delete-key-happy, unless windows has settings for that too. But as a stop-gap measure, anything windows 10 has out-of-the-box would be great)

Thanks

:)

Jodes, Oct 17, 2015

2. turn off parental controls windows 10

I cannot locate the parental control feature to remove it.

I have parental control settings turned on, but I have no other users in my account.

I therefore cannot remove anyone or remove the control as directed.

When I want to add a program, I am asked to find my "parent' to sign in & ask for permission.

This is turned on in a global setting but I cannot find the location to set it to 'off.'

I am using Windows 10 with Internet Explorer.

Since I do not have any other members in my family, I am not give the options to turn off/remove parental controls.

I cannot find the setting to turn off parental controls!!!!

Susan.Meling, Oct 17, 2015
  3. turn off parental controls windows 10

I cannot locate the parental control feature to remove it.

I have parental control settings turned on, but I have no other users in my account.

I therefore cannot remove anyone or remove the control as directed.

When I want to add a program, I am asked to find my "parent' to sign in & ask for permission.

This is turned on in a global setting but I cannot find the location to set it to 'off.'

I am using Windows 10 with Internet Explorer.

Susan.Meling, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot find any parental control settings - Similar Threads - Cannot find parental

2. Parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental controls: Child Chromebook asking for parental code to sign in every time, even when not needed. How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/f4f91574-a8bd-4877-9910-6f293d83ab6f
  3. Parental Controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Controls: Hello, how to go into the parental controls in windows 7? I can't access because I must type an administrator password but still I can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/4601a8fa-985e-4ad7-9eee-3f1407117dd1
  4. Parental Controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls: Please help!!! My child is now 13 and can choose to exit the family group. It has totally taken away my ability to control his content as a parent. The parental controls were so wonderful as I didn't have to worry about him sneaking onto his computer in the middle of the...
  5. parental controls

parental controls: how do I switch parental control off? I am the only user. age 68. All my browsers are in safe mode and cannot be switched off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/74d82436-e604-42f8-b8eb-b45d91c77bcd
  6. Parental control

Parental control: ***moved on english forum*** Hello, Since a few months, i cannot access to the online content from forza horizon 4, because microsoft randomly set a family account on mine with a parental control... In 3 months, nobody answered me, and nothing in the support talks about...
  7. Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed

Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed: Hello, I can't install apps I need from Microsoft Store because of parental control. I asked my parents to allow them, and they agreed to do it. I'm 17 years old BTW. However, my father's account was created ages ago, and he can't remember not only the password, but also...
  8. Parental control settings

Parental control settings: Some feature in forza horizon 4 are blocked because of parental control settings, even though my account is unrestricted, I know where to change these settings but all the settings are already set to allowed and yet I still have no access....
  9. Parental Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Control Settings: Hey Guys I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 on PC and I want to access clubs but do the the "parental controls" or whatever they are, I can't join them or access the online in-game auctions. I've gone onto my Xbox app and tried to change them, but every time i get redirected...
  10. Parental controls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parental controls: When I play forza horizon 4 on pc I cant acces some features because parental control is blocking it. So how do I remove it? I have been searching solution for 3 hours and nothing helped....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot locate the parental control feature to remove it