Windows 10: Cannot find Default migrated

Discus and support Cannot find Default migrated in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a bunch of files saved in Word in Windows 8.1 under users/default but I cannot find them now. If I open Word I can see some of them in the list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cuscus, Jun 8, 2016.

1. cuscus Win User

Cannot find Default migrated

I had a bunch of files saved in Word in Windows 8.1 under users/default but I cannot find them now. If I open Word I can see some of them in the list but cannot find where they are. I am attaching a screenshot of one of the file. I would appreciate any help and thank you.

:)

cuscus, Jun 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 App Store Won't Open -- Tried Everything!!

Doesn't work! I cannot find user_name under users. I find AppData under users>default migrated, but there is no selection "MicrosoftWindowsStore.........

Barry Bennett, Jun 8, 2016
  3. JimP1459 Win User
    Changing default Window 10 calendar to Office 2013

Installed Windows 10 upgrade. I would LOVE to change the default calendar (and mail) in Windows 10 to my Office 2013 Calendar. I use Office for mail, contacts and calendar. This seems almost a no-brainer, but I cannot find any setting allowing me to use
    Office applications as the default Windows 10 application. I have way too much information to migrate the data into a less robust application.

I've seen rants about this in other online forums and wanted to get MS Community input.

JimP1459, Jun 8, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Install Everything Search. Let it start after install to build it's index, usually only takes a few seconds.
    I n the input area, enter the file you are looking for or as much of it as you remember. For example: #21.doc

Everything will list every location where a file contains that string as part of the filename.doc

See if it finds it for you. I find this much, much better than the built in Windows search.

Ztruker, Jun 9, 2016
  5. or....

In File Explorer,

This PC
    enter the following in the search box

kind:=document

but people do find *Wink Search Everything easier to use than Windows search.

Wait ... was your question I cannot find the Default.migrated folder?

In File Explorer, change the view to include hidden items
    on the View menu/ribbon - tick hidden items

If you still cannot see the folder, then it might be a system folder
    Press the blue file menu on File Explorer
    Select Folder options
    press the view tab
    put a tick in view system files .. answer yes to the dialog

Look in C:\Users\Default.migrated

Slartybart, Jun 9, 2016
  6. cuscus Win User
    Found it and thank you

cuscus, Jun 9, 2016
  7. Great and you're welcome.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot find Default migrated - Similar Threads - Cannot find Default

2. Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug: The thing is I have a company computer where organization settings are applied. However I have administrator rights on the pc. The wallpaper is a fixed image I needed to change for personal reasons. I have found that the image is set in the following path and deleted it and...
  3. Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug: The thing is I have a company computer where organization settings are applied. However I have administrator rights on the pc. The wallpaper is a fixed image I needed to change for personal reasons. I have found that the image is set in the following path and deleted it and...
  4. Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Find the Default Web Site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find the Default Web Site: Hi,Just want to ask because I think I deleted the default website/sites in IIS and I can't access my localhost. It was working before. I think the windows features are correctly configured. Hope someone can answer my question because I need to install ERP in my local for...
  6. Cannot Find the Default Web Site

Cannot Find the Default Web Site: Hi,Just want to ask because I think I deleted the default website/sites in IIS and I can't access my localhost. It was working before. I think the windows features are correctly configured. Hope someone can answer my question because I need to install ERP in my local for...
  7. cannot connect to SQL server after migration

cannot connect to SQL server after migration: We have an old 2008r2 server running SQL server express 10.50.4042.0 running an old human resources program that we only access once maybe twice/month.I recently migrated this server using azure migrate to an Azure machine on a connected azure network.I get an error,...
  8. cannot connect to SQL server after migration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot connect to SQL server after migration: We have an old 2008r2 server running SQL server express 10.50.4042.0 running an old human resources program that we only access once maybe twice/month.I recently migrated this server using azure migrate to an Azure machine on a connected azure network.I get an error,...
  9. Cannot migrate from 7 to 10 !!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot migrate from 7 to 10 !!!!!!!!!!!: After much fuss, I have windows 10 working successfully on my laptop. Being so pleased with W10, I decided to install/upgrade to W10 on my main Desktop PC. Easy? - NO !!!!!!!!!!!! However I try to install, I meet failure messages. Tried the upgrade from windows method -...
  10. Windows cannot find: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\AutoUpDate\AutoUpd

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot find: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\AutoUpDate\AutoUpd: This weekend I downloaded a Pdf and also received unknown to me also got a virus, I was able to remove the virus and the PC works fine except I keep getting a pop-up saying Windows cannot find C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\AutoUpDate\AutoUpdate.exe. My question is how can I...