Windows 10: Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?

Discus and support Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Folks, I've just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. During the Welcome screen, I chose Express Install and agreed to the W10 default selections, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iamc3k, Jul 29, 2015.

1. iamc3k Win User

Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?

Folks,

I've just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. During the Welcome screen, I chose Express Install and agreed to the W10 default selections, which included using Edge as my browser.

When the install finished, I could not see an Edge icon anywhere. Searching for "edge" did not produce any useful results. I still have IE11 and Chrome, so the internet is still available to me.

How do I find Edge? How do I install it if it is missing?

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Jul 29, 2015

2. george98

The Edge icon disappeared and I cannot find it anywhere. I have to use internet explorer now. How can I get edge back?

georgemillarKP, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Anton2213 Win User
    exporting favorites in windows 10

I am using Internet Explorer and Windows 10. I would like to backup my favorites on a flash drive. I cannot find any export selection anywhere. How can I do this? Please do not recommend Edge. I have tried it and I prefer IE. Thank you.

Anton2213, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?

If all went without problems, Edge should be the icon on the taskbar, it looks very similar to the old IE icon
    does it not exist under start menu, all apps then look for Microsoft Edge, not just Edge

paulsalter, Jul 29, 2015
  5. ruzicka Win User
    I am having the same problem. The upgrade seemed to go without a hitch, but the Edge icon is nowhere to be found on my desktop or task bar. And yes, I do indeed know the difference in the Edge vs. Internet Explorer icons! I also tried to search for it in Windows Explorer, but still no luck.

ruzicka, Jul 29, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    What if you open up Start menu, do you find Edge there, right click and pin to taskbar.

jds63, Jul 29, 2015
  7. ruzicka Win User
    Nope! It doesn't show up in the Start menu either. But then again, neither does Internet Explorer...although I was able to find IE by searching for it.

ruzicka, Jul 29, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

That is strange, but no more IE 11 on Windows 10.

jds63, Jul 29, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Since i am new myself to this OS, hard to say where to look in settings, i would have to look into it myself as i recall one in Win 8.1 to disable and enable IE back then.

jds63, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Was looking for Edge too,wasn't in taskbar or all programs this excellent tutorial made it happen with a few clicks,enjoy!

proudtobegreek, Jul 29, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Programs and Features in Control panel, Turn Windows Features on and Off, funny i do only see IE 11 myself.

jds63, Jul 29, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    Good one ,just strange how was not in Start menu shown as a App for OP.

jds63, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?

Type the word edge in the start menu search box. the box says "Search the web and Windows". You can manually add the Edge Browser Shortcut Icon to the taskbar by doing this, find the "Microsoft Edge" app in the app menu list and right click on it. Select pin to start menu and pin taskbar.

lopedoggie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it? - Similar Threads - Cannot find Edge

2. I own windows solitaire premium but I cannot find the icon anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I own windows solitaire premium but I cannot find the icon anywhere: I own windows solitaire premium but I cannot find the icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-own-windows-solitaire-premium-but-i-cannot-find/a6acdc53-7bdc-4c42-8a5b-6d6c13c51e25
  3. I own windows solitaire premium but I cannot find the icon anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I own windows solitaire premium but I cannot find the icon anywhere: I own windows solitaire premium but I cannot find the icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-own-windows-solitaire-premium-but-i-cannot-find/a6acdc53-7bdc-4c42-8a5b-6d6c13c51e25
  4. How can I manually uninstall the app/program VIRTUALBOX that I cannot find anywhere on the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I manually uninstall the app/program VIRTUALBOX that I cannot find anywhere on the...: This is the error I get: When going to the Window's menu bottom left, no virtualbox program shows up:In the settings APP list there is no app for VIRTUALBOX:Is there a hidden file where I can uninstall it? Is the update script mistakenly seeing VIRTUALBOX?...
  5. How can I manually uninstall the app/program VIRTUALBOX that I cannot find anywhere on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I manually uninstall the app/program VIRTUALBOX that I cannot find anywhere on the...: This is the error I get: When going to the Window's menu bottom left, no virtualbox program shows up:In the settings APP list there is no app for VIRTUALBOX:Is there a hidden file where I can uninstall it? Is the update script mistakenly seeing VIRTUALBOX?...
  6. How can I manually uninstall the app/program VIRTUALBOX that I cannot find anywhere on the...

7. cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page

cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page: cannot find customize button on edge home page . Used to have autos and travel gone and cannot get back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-customise-button-anywhere-on-edge-home/2decf0a3-ebb3-4003-a248-445974f806bf
  8. Bitlocker Recovery; Cannot find it anywhere.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Recovery; Cannot find it anywhere.: I have been trying for the past while now and I have no idea where to find the Bitlocker recovery key for my Dell XPS 15 16 inch. I have no idea if someone else created it and has it somewhere else. Where can I find it if I did not create it?...
  9. How to adjust brightness? can't find it anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to adjust brightness? can't find it anywhere: Stupid question: How am I supposed to adjust he brightness on my monitor? Just got my pc, activated windows, and everything else but I can't adjust he brightness. it's not on the notifications tab, it's not in display settings, and I can't find any buttons on my monitor (MSI...
  10. How do i fix these? I cant find a setting to fix this anywhere (i use a wired mouse)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i fix these? I cant find a setting to fix this anywhere (i use a wired mouse): USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot find edge