Windows 10: Cannot find printer on Vista PC

Discus and support Cannot find printer on Vista PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi When I had W7 on this I had the PC use the printer on my Vista PC. When W10 was installed on this PC it did not show the printer on the Vista... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daniellouwrens, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Cannot find printer on Vista PC

Hi

When I had W7 on this I had the PC use the printer on my Vista PC.

When W10 was installed on this PC it did not show the printer on the Vista PC,
    W10 showed the Network as Public, I have changed it to private.

I have checked sharing options on both PC's and network and printer sharing
    are active on both but Add printer does not find the printer on the Vista PC.

What am I doing wrong?

All help appreciated.

Cheers

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Aug 28, 2015
  2. rossty Win User

Network and printer sharing

just updated to Windows 10 and I can no longer find my printer that was connected to another pc. I cannot even see the computer on network settings. The computer that has the printer connected to it is running on Vista.

rossty, Aug 28, 2015
  3. cannot scan from epsom printer to pc. Printer will print from pc via wifi but will not recognise pc when asked to scan.

Cannot scan from printer to pc. Wifi network is fine and pc will print to printer but when asked to scan, printer cannot find pc via wifi. Have also connected via usb but still have the same issue (pc not found).

AlexJohnsonMF, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Cannot find printer on Vista PC

From the windows 10 pc, Right Click the Start button, Click Run, and then type the following minus the quotes "\\nameofvistapc" and then click enter. If your printer is shared properly, you will see it when you click enter. If it isn't, then you have a sharing issue or you don't have file and print sharing turned on for both pcs. Let us know how it goes...

play2mefish, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Hi

it did not find the printer so I checked further, I opened the network in explorer on the W10 PC and the printer showed, I right clicked on it to check it's properties and I saw an "Add" I added it and all is well.

Thanks for your help, you gave me a heads-up on what to look for and it worked.

Thanks

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot find printer on Vista PC

1. Cannot find printer on Vista PC - Similar Threads - Cannot find printer

2. laptop cannot find shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop cannot find shared printer: My laptop cannot find my shared printer on my desktop. Both are running Windows 10. Printer is wired to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cannot-find-shared-printer/6a086319-56d9-45bf-89c0-55edc24b01fc
  3. laptop cannot find shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop cannot find shared printer: My laptop cannot find my shared printer on my desktop. Both are running Windows 10. Printer is wired to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cannot-find-shared-printer/6a086319-56d9-45bf-89c0-55edc24b01fc
  4. laptop cannot find shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer cannot find wireless printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot find wireless printer: I have switched broadband supplier and have a new router. I have successfully connected 2 laptops, a printer and 2 phones to it. All works ok except one laptop cannot find the printer.....
  6. Computer cannot find wireless printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot find wireless printer: I have switched broadband supplier and have a new router. I have successfully connected 2 laptops, a printer and 2 phones to it. All works ok except one laptop cannot find the printer.....
  7. Cannot find printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot find printers: I was in the middle of working yesterday and, suddenly, all of my printers essentially disappeared. I has happened before, and I was able to restart my computer and they were there again. But not this time. Here is a screenshots of my printer selection list from another...
  8. Cannot find network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find network printer: I just had to do a fresh install of Windows. I have a networked printer, HP LaserJet 1320n, that cannot be found even if I put in the its IP address. What is the best forum to post this? Thanks, Jeff Windows 10.0.18363 149634
  9. PC cannot find my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC cannot find my printer: I’ve encountered this issue since the last Windows update. Currently, I receive an error code 0x00000002 when try to turn on my printer. The solution suggested at the forum like to "right click 'computer' to access print spool" doesn’t help because my PC cannot find ‘print...
  10. Cannot find This PC and Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot find This PC and Settings: Hello. I cannot find "This PC" and "Settings" on my Windows 10 Laptop. How do I find them and Install them on my Laptop. Many Thanks. Terry Horton.*Smile 38168