Windows 10: Cannot find Start up icon on new Asus laptop

Discus and support Cannot find Start up icon on new Asus laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to get to the control panel and don't see a start up icon in the task bar area. There are 5 icons in the lower left hand corner: Apps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carolbostwick1, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Cannot find Start up icon on new Asus laptop

I'm trying to get to the control panel and don't see a start up icon in the task bar area. There are 5 icons in the lower left hand corner: Apps, Google, Gmail, Docs, and Youtube.

:)

carolbostwick1, Jul 11, 2016

2. message at start up

At start up i get a msg "driver support has stopped working". I cannot find an associated program on my system. Running windows 10 on Asus laptop.

Thanks

I found it and issue no longer presents itself.

Johnny_930, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Adam77K Win User
    ASUS Touchpad issues after windows 10 update

I had this on Asus S200E (and this will probably work on other Asus laptops too), this is how to fix:

Start Menu, Settings

Devices (Bluetooth, printers, mouse)

Click on Mouse and touchpad

At bottom of page click Additional Options

Click the Elan tab

Click Options

Click Driver tab

Click Uninstall

Select delete driver files

When that is finished, restart

Windows update should now find a new hardware update from Asus. Let this finish downloading.

Restart again.

You should now get the Asus SmartGesture icon

Double click this to bring up the SmartGesture settings.

Change settings to your own preference.

Adam77K, Jul 11, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Cannot find Start up icon on new Asus laptop

I'm not at a Windows 10 computer at the moment, but sounds like you have an additional toolbar enabled and your are seeing that. Right click on the task bar and I think the top selection is for additional toolbars still in Windows 10, disable the additional toolbar you are probably seeing and see if the original taskbar with the start icon comes back.

Actually, at least on Windows 7, when you have an additional toolbar showing, and you right click in an empty space, the option for additional toolbars moves more towards the middle of the selection list, can't verify at the moment that Windows 10 does the same.

NavyLCDR, Jul 11, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    If you mean the Startup Folder/icon on the Start, All Programs list as was seen on Win7, Win10 doesn't have it. Win10 does have the Start button, same white icon as the Get Windows 10/GWX icon that showed in the Notification Area [by the clock] on Win7 w/SP1 and Win8.1 and the same as the marking on the Windows key. Some of the startup items could be adjusted in msconfig but part of that has now been moved to Task Manager [right-click the Taskbar or Ctrl+Alt+Del] and the Startup tab.

Berton, Jul 11, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    In case I misunderstood the problem, and you actually do have the start icon on the left edge of the task bar, right click on it instead of left click and you will get a lot of options.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot find Start up icon on new Asus laptop

1. Cannot find Start up icon on new Asus laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot find Start

2. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  3. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  4. New Asus laptop - cannot switch out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Asus laptop - cannot switch out of S Mode: So purchased a new laptop today and lo and behold I can barely run anything due to not being able to switch out of S mode.I have tried everything available to me:resetting MS Storelogging in and out of MS Storerestarting Windows Update serviceChanging region to USResetting...
  5. Asus laptop wiped at every start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asus laptop wiped at every start up: Apoligies if this has been covered already... When my daughter starts up her laptop, all her files have disappeared, but not only that all her internet settings have reset and any games or apps she had been playing on or using have nothing saved, she has to start everything...
  6. New Asus laptop speakers sometime starts cracklings sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Asus laptop speakers sometime starts cracklings sound: I have bought a new Asus Laptop. Whenever I listen songs on it, it works well. But after sometime, when I pause songs for sometime and play it again after 2-3 minutes, it starts crackling sound. But when I disable and re-enable the speakers within control panel, the issue...
  7. Cannot access BIOS on Asus Laptop without new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access BIOS on Asus Laptop without new SSD: I replaced the SSD on my Asus Vivobook with the intent of installing Windows 10 from the usb. But when I power on, the computer does not try to boot from the usb, and I also cannot access the BIOS or boot menu in accordance with manual instructions: f2 during POST. I tried...
  8. Asus laptop couldnt start up

Asus laptop couldnt start up: i am facing difficulty in start up my laptop therefore i import everything out to a hard disk and reformat whole laptop afterward it works fine for 2 or 3 days. up until yesterday, it couldnt start up again. i tried hard reset it a few times but it couldnt work as well. What...
  9. cannot find bluetooth icon

cannot find bluetooth icon: I am unable to use my Bluetooth and I don't know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-bluetooth-icon/3fa23277-ca91-4a10-9ad8-fb759e2b8026
  10. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start

ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start: hi, ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop is not working, version: 4.5.1001.10704 This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. I think this happened since this update windows, but I don't know which one,...