Windows 10: Cannot get access to the Windows store

Discus and support Cannot get access to the Windows store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot get access at all to the Windows store. I click on it's icon at the bottom of the screen, it shows a window containing the normal blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aac, Oct 29, 2017.

1. AAC
    aac Win User

Cannot get access to the Windows store

I cannot get access at all to the Windows store. I click on it's icon at the bottom of the screen, it shows a window containing the normal blue background and white windows shopping bag, and then it hangs. Sometime later (probably ten minutes or so) the application just shuts itself down. This is not the only application showing this sort of behaviour. Scan also does something similar although, after a time, rather than shutting down it goes on to show the scanner details. From this point it performs as normal. I think this may be the result of an upgrade but I'm not sure on that point. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I might cure it?

:)

2. Andb1 Win User

Photos are visible but cannot be accessed on Windows 10 - frustrating!

Thanks - I have tried both methods without success - I cannot now access the Windows App Store and that might be the problem. How can I get access to the App Store if Windows 10 doesn't give me access?!

Andb1, Oct 29, 2017
  3. jgjacobs Win User
    I cannot access the Windows Store using the Store app in Windows 10.

New clue to store problem. When I was trying to search for an app to open a file on my hard rive and I clicked search windows for an app, I got the following message:

Cannot get access to the Windows store [​IMG]

jgjacobs, Oct 29, 2017
  4. Cannot get access to the Windows store

Have you tried resetting the app. Go int settings, I think then software and apps, basically you want the list where it shows all your installed apps. Find the store on here and go into advanced and then select reset. Give it a minute or two to do its thing and then retry opening. You may have to log back into the store after doing this.

failing this if you have system restore enabled you could try going back to a restore point from when you know it was working.

Scottyboy99, Oct 29, 2017
  5. AAC
    aac Win User
    Resetting the app certainly cured the not opening problem - thank you, but I am still left with the unacceptable time issue. Store does now open but, like scan there is something like a ten minute delay between clicking on the app and anything happening. I have noticed that since the developers update things are rather sluggish. Are the problems linked?

6. softae Win User
    Hello

Try to update the app. It may work.

softae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get access to the Windows store

1. Cannot get access to the Windows store - Similar Threads - Cannot access store

2. I cannot access microsoft windows store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot access microsoft windows store.: I cannot access microsoft windows store. Your staff have destroyed the integrity of consolidating all the logins to one supposedly consolidated identity and login. I have wasted some hours on this issue today, and on previous occasions over the last few years I have ceased...
  3. I cannot access microsoft windows store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access microsoft windows store.: I cannot access microsoft windows store. Your staff have destroyed the integrity of consolidating all the logins to one supposedly consolidated identity and login. I have wasted some hours on this issue today, and on previous occasions over the last few years I have ceased...
  4. I cannot access microsoft windows store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot access microsoft/windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access microsoft/windows store: i did a format on my pc because it wouldn't open and i lost access to Microsoft store to the photo program and the video program and i''m using a windows 7 program that works fine .I see my taskbar has the Microsoft store and if i search it on my search box it does appear and...
  6. I cannot access microsoft/windows store

I cannot access microsoft/windows store: i did a format on my pc because it wouldn't open and i lost access to Microsoft store to the photo program and the video program and i''m using a windows 7 program that works fine .I see my taskbar has the Microsoft store and if i search it on my search box it does appear and...
  7. I cannot access microsoft/windows store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Cannot get into Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get into Microsoft store: As title, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account the store wants me to sign in also except that it wants me to sign in using an old outlook email address which I thought I had deleted some months ago. I sign in without issue with my new address but for some reason...
  9. Cannot get into Microsoft store

Cannot get into Microsoft store: As title, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account the store wants me to sign in also except that it wants me to sign in using an old outlook email address which I thought I had deleted some months ago. I sign in without issue with my new address but for some reason...
  10. Cannot Access Windows Store and other apps

Cannot Access Windows Store and other apps: I cannot access the Winodws 10 store or any other apps like news, sports, maps etc... 17743