Windows 10: Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts

Discus and support Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Having got all of my standard stuff, including having MS Outlook handle my email accounts, sorted out; I decided to give the new Windows 10 Mail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hairy Scot, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts

Having got all of my standard stuff, including having MS Outlook handle my email accounts, sorted out; I decided to give the new Windows 10 Mail Application a try.
    Unfortunately I cannot get it to do a darned thing:-
    1. With my Hotmail account I get error code 0x80070032. I've tried a couple of suggested "solutions" without success.
    2. With my Gmail account I get "We didn't find anything to show here" or "Still working on it". Either way nothing shows up.

Maybe I should just stick with MS Outlook.

However, if anyone could help I'd be very grateful.

:)

Hairy Scot, Sep 2, 2015
  2. SeanHeath Win User

Windows 10 mail will not send/recieve

I installed Windows 10 and started using the mail app with the following accounts.

Hotmail (my primary windows account)

gmail 1 (my personal gmail account)

Gmail 2 (my work gmail account)

over the last 48 hours none of these accounts have synced / performed a send receive. when I select sync view it does not work.

I have deleted and reinstalled both gmail accounts without fixing the issue. my Hotmail account does not give me the option to uninstall.

how do I get mail to work?

SeanHeath, Sep 2, 2015
  3. When I try to login to my Hotmail account, my Gmail account comes up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• How do you access your Email account (Web browser or Email client)?

If you are using Mail app, I would suggest you to first check, if Hotmail account is configured on Mail app?

Try these steps below to configure Hotmail account on Mail app:

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
      Add account in the Mail app Window.

• Check for Hotmail account on Choose an account Window. If it is not available, go to
      Other account.

• Add you Hotmail account Email address and
      Password in the Other account Window and check, if it works.

If both Hotmail and Gmail account is configured on Mail app, you can switch between Gmail and Hotmail account on Mail app. By clicking on the respective account name on bottom left.

If you do not want to use Gmail account on Mail app, you can delete the Gmail account.

Try these steps below to delete the Gmail account on Mail app:

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
      Add account in the Mail app Window.

• Check for Gmail account on Choose an account
      Window, then delete the Gmail account.
    If you are using a web browser, I would suggest you to go to
    https://www.mail.live.com and sign in using your Hotmail.com Email address.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts

For your Hotmail account, change the setting for getting the emails to 'last 3 days' and see if it works. If it does, change it back to whatever interval selection you want.

Usually when Google or other account say those, it's also a syncing issue. Might want to try playing with those settings as well.

I have both outlook.com (same as Hotmail) and Google working in the new Windows 10 mail app and even on my Windows 10 phone preview build. So they can work if you find the problems with your settings.

OldGuyGeek, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Thanks OldGuy. *Smile

I did try the "last 3 days" but it made no difference.
    Guess I'll need to keep fiddling with the settings and see what transpires.

Hairy Scot, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Steve C Win User
    I had a similar problem which I solved by going to Settings / Privacy / Calendar and setting to on "Let apps access my calendar".

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts

1. Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts - Similar Threads - Cannot Mail App

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  5. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  6. cannot add gmail account to mail app

cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  7. cannot add my gmail account to mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot add my gmail account to mail app: I bought an asus ROG Strix G531GD_G531GD two days ago and has been not able to add my gmail account to the mail app. I enters my mail id, and then the password, then the otp received to my linked mobile and then a window pops up which asks to click on "AGREE'. After clicking...
  8. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app: Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to...
  9. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app: Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to...
  10. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...