Windows 10: Cannot get Office Updates

Discus and support Cannot get Office Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I did a clean install of Win10 1709 and I had a problem with some things which then it appeared that doing another clean install should fix them and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AirPower4ever, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Cannot get Office Updates

So I did a clean install of Win10 1709 and I had a problem with some things which then it appeared that doing another clean install should fix them and it did. But now I just realized a new problem. I am using WUMT and I am getting the Windows updates, but I am not getting the Office 2010 updates at all. Then I looked and in Settings > Update& Security > Windows Update it says at the top "*Some settings are managed by your organization" so I clicked on View configured update policies and under Policies set on your device it says "Exclude drivers from Windows quality updates". Source Administrator. Type Group Policy

So I went to gpedit and I don't see anything popping out at me with this.

I went back a page and then clicked "Advanced Options" from the main page and under "Choose how updates are installed" the box is unchecked. So I tried putting a check, but the moment I leave the page and come back it is unchecked again.

Is there a fix to this or please do not say I have to do another clean install. *cry

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

There must be something I am missing, but I don't know.

EDIT: Well, now it is working. I have rebooted a few times, launches various programs and it is still active and I can see my Office 2010 updates. Wow, and I did nothing.

:)

AirPower4ever, Nov 18, 2017

2. So I did the Windows 10 update

I did the windows 10 update, lost all my Microsoft Edge Favorites, again, tried to restore them, failed, now I get an error mgs when trying to open my Office 10 Outlook for emails; "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. What's
    the solution? Thanks!

Moved from Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 2010

PaulElias1, Nov 18, 2017
  3. jes13419 Win User
    how to make office 2007 backup to prepare for refresh of win 10

I cannot afford an update to Office 365 and Office 2007 works fine for my needs.

jes13419, Nov 18, 2017
Thema:

Cannot get Office Updates

1. Cannot get Office Updates - Similar Threads - Cannot Office Updates

2. cannot get updates for windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot get updates for windows: My windows update is not working. I need assistance because my windows is slow and will not open certain apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-updates-for-windows/4a75bd86-cc94-450d-9388-bf0e21421b20
  3. cannot get updates for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot get updates for windows: My windows update is not working. I need assistance because my windows is slow and will not open certain apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-updates-for-windows/4a75bd86-cc94-450d-9388-bf0e21421b20
  4. cannot get updates for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot uninstall Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot uninstall Office: I attempted to uninstall Office 2016. I went to the uninstall panel, selected the correct program and clicked on uninstall but nothing happened. After a couple more tries with no luck I went to Program Files & Program x86 and deleted everything thinking that would do it....
  6. Cannot uninstall Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall Office: I attempted to uninstall Office 2016. I went to the uninstall panel, selected the correct program and clicked on uninstall but nothing happened. After a couple more tries with no luck I went to Program Files & Program x86 and deleted everything thinking that would do it....
  7. Cannot uninstall Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot get apps to update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot get apps to update: None of my apps are updating in the apps store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-apps-to-update/170e3562-3fb2-4cd0-bafc-43ad3749e2a9"
  9. Cannot set option to include Office updates in Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot set option to include Office updates in Windows Updates: After installing the Anniversary Update, I checked some of the Windows Update settings. I found that the "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" is now unchecked and further more it is also grayed out so I cannot recheck it. With the Anniversary...
  10. Get Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Get Office: I'm really fed up *Mad*Sick*Think I just downloaded Windows 10 fall creators update 1709, from 2 weeks ago, I performed a clean installation of 1703, and then I installed 1709 from the ISO file, each time I found more & more problem in the end of finishing setup, settings...