Windows 10: Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10

Discus and support Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since upgrading to windows 10 I cannot get on the internet. First error I got was "windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ragebkd, May 20, 2016.

1. ragebkd Win User

Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10

Since upgrading to windows 10 I cannot get on the internet. First error I got was "windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing"

I tried countless solutions:

1. Reinstalling the network protocols (failed due to group policies)
    2. Deleting group policies and tried again (still failed)
    3. Reinstalled lan drivers
    4. Moved winsock registry keys from a working machine and did netsh winsock reset
    5. Tried getting on via wifi connection (can't connect)

I have tried almost every solution I can find and still no luck. Only thing that has changed is the error no longer says "windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" it just says the connection doesn't have a valid ip configuration.

Any ideas what the heck I can do here?

:)

ragebkd, May 20, 2016

2. Win 10 updates

Since upgrading to 10, cannot receive updates for 10. Get a message that "cannot connect to internet"

Appreciate any help; Thanks

EdMcMillian, May 20, 2016
  3. George_38 Win User
    Proxy settings

I have just upgraded to windows 10 and since then I can't get on the internet. The error message says " Windows cannot automatically detect proxy settings@ It was working fine on windows 8.1.

Is there a solution to this issue.?

My other computer upgraded fine.

George_38, May 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, were you able to establish a connection to your router in setting up your Wifi?
    Have you tried an ethernet connection?

Wifi - assuming everything else is fine- requires that both Airplane/Flight Mode be off (no small plane symbol in the system tray) and that the Wifi tile in the Action Centre fly-in be on (showing 'Available' or your router if in use).

I'll assume you've checked the Device Manager shows no missing drivers.
    Please feel free to search the forum for
    'missing network protocols'
    'windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing'
    etc

You'll find a number of such threads.
    Note solutions here:
    Solved Network Protocols - Windows 10 Forums
    windows socket registry entries missing - Windows 10 Forums
    https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36238-one-more-network-protocols-missing-solution-4.html

Note that other AV's have been reported in other threads e.g MacAfee, Bitdefender.
    It is generally recommended to uninstall these before upgrading.

Otherwise:
    First try rt clicking the Internet Icon, click Troubleshoot... and post the result.

Then if still not working, download Tweaking.com's Repair tool (free) and, observing the cautious stages, select only the Network Connection repair.

I would not expect there to be a major problem...

This is the sort of thing you should see if you have established a connection to your router:

Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10 [​IMG]

dalchina, May 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot internet since

2. Cannot get into Computer since Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get into Computer since Update: Hello, I am an office manager and am now unable to access my computer due to not knowing the previous employee's microsoft account password or email.How to I get into my computer? I have my own microsoft account but it's asking me for the previous employees info. I'm stuck...
  3. Cannot get into Computer since Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get into Computer since Update: Hello, I am an office manager and am now unable to access my computer due to not knowing the previous employee's microsoft account password or email.How to I get into my computer? I have my own microsoft account but it's asking me for the previous employees info. I'm stuck...
  4. Cannot get into Computer since Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot access microsoft store on PC since upgrading to windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot access microsoft store on PC since upgrading to windows 10: I upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago. I don't recall using the Microsoft store on my PC prior to this. I tried downloading the latest iTunes but can now only do it through the windows store and this wont work on my PC; I have a message saying 'page could not be loaded try...
  6. Since upgrading to Windows 10, my Internet access is EXTREEEEEMLY slow.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since upgrading to Windows 10, my Internet access is EXTREEEEEMLY slow.: What do I need to do to rectify the extreme internet slowness since upgrading to Windows 10? It is so painful! Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-upgrading-to-windows-10-my-internet-access/8e422c94-158c-4518-980d-117fa2d21a88
  7. Since 1903 only 1 PC on LAN cannot get to Internet. LAN okay Internet no good.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Since 1903 only 1 PC on LAN cannot get to Internet. LAN okay Internet no good.: Hi, Since the Win 1903 I am having troubles with 1 PC on the LAN/ All other xcan make network but this on DELL T7500 will male all LAN but no Internet. It shows Gateway as 192.168.20.252 instead of the correct 192.168.20.1. It's own IP is 192.168.20.15 Have dome all the...
  8. Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10: I have a HP Deskjet 1051 J410 and can't print since I updated to Windows 10. I have run the troubleshooter & under Details it says it detects a problem but doesn't say what it is. The printer shows up under Devices & Printers & says it is working properly & has the most...
  9. Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10: Hi hope somebody can help. Since upgrading to windows 10 my internet speed on my Packard Bell PC has dropped to almost nothing, less than 1mb. Before upgrade it was around 76mb. All my other laptops, tablets etc are getting good wifi speeds. When I use a ethernet connection...
  10. Since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Since upgrading to windows 10: Hello, New here. I upgraded to windows 10 this morning and since doing so my speakers are turned off in windows. I have hunted everywhere to turn them on and can't find how to do it and also I can not play videos on youtube. It just gives me an error. Before I upgraded both...