Windows 10: cannot get onboard video to work

Discus and support cannot get onboard video to work in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC and found out my graphics card is malfunctioning. I need to send it back, so I pulled it out and plugged my monitor into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bimfi, Mar 22, 2018.

1. bimfi Win User

cannot get onboard video to work

I recently built a new PC and found out my graphics card is malfunctioning. I need to send it back, so I pulled it out and plugged my monitor into the onboard HDMI port on my Asus Prime X370 Pro motherboard. Nothing happened. I cound not get a signal to even get into BIOS. I ended up putting the card back in so that I could research why the onboard graphics will not work. I went into BIOS just now, but couldn't find where to enable it from. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

:)

bimfi, Mar 22, 2018
  2. J.DD Win User

Upgraded my motherboard and cpu but I have no display on my monitor.

Does the new mobo have onboard video??

If it does plug the monitor into the videocard you brought. It wont display anything if you plug it into onboard video. The card you installed will disable it

If you did plug it in the card you installed, remove it. Plug it into the onboard video.

See if you get a display. And does the card you installed need power to function?

3. Sleep mode

Hi Jana,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, let us know if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your PC prior to this issue.

Usually, getting the No video input error message indicates that the monitor is not receiving any signal from the video card. If there is an onboard video, try using that instead of the video card. If the card is improperly installed, then
    the motherboard will default to the onboard video system. Try to use another monitor. If it doesn't work, then it is possible that the video card is not properly installed.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Mar 22, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

Consult your mobo manual......and have a look at this.

[youtube]0BoktTdEZFE[/youtube]

Plankton, Mar 22, 2018
  5. bimfi Win User
    Thank you. I watched the video and think it seems pretty straight forward. Will try this in the morning!

bimfi, Mar 22, 2018
  6. bimfi Win User
    Well, I looked through my mobo manual and found NB configuration. Under that I found IGFX Multi-Monitor [Disabled], Primary Video Device [PCIE/PCI Video], and UMA Frame Buffer Size [Auto]. None of these sections show up in my UEFI BIOS. I searched almost every minute detail of the BIOS but could not find them or anything resembling them. My next step will be to post to Asus forum and see what they think. Thanks.

bimfi, Mar 22, 2018
  7. What processor do you have?

PolarNettles, Mar 22, 2018
  8. cannot get onboard video to work

The Ryzen 1600X does not have onboard graphics. Only the 2200G and 2400G have it.

9. bimfi Win User
    I see. I was under the impression that the onboard ports were controlled by the motherboard chipset, not the CPU. I guess I was wrong, or else they changed it from years ago. So sad for me. I can't even run my PC without a graphics card then.

bimfi, Mar 22, 2018
  10. Yes, it has been a very long time since the graphics were on the chipset. Intel moved graphics into the CPU around 2009. I believe AMD also did it around the same time.

11. bimfi Win User
    My last build was in 2011. I didn't worry about "onboard' graphics back then. Oh well... Thanks for the information.

bimfi, Mar 22, 2018
  12. bimfi Win User
    Well, I decided to throw caution to the wind and ordered a new CPU. I'm going for the Ryzen 5 2400G. It has integrated graphics Radeon Vega 11 and it runs a bit cooler. I realize it's only 4 core vice 6 on the 1500X, but I will give it a try. I will keep the 1600X as a backup in case something goes wrong.

bimfi, Mar 22, 2018
  13. bimfi Win User

Well, I "bit the bullet" and purchased the Ryzen 5 2400G CPU. Had to in order to send faulty graphics card back. It's not a bad processor but it doesn't do well on 3D Mark benchmark demos.

bimfi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot get onboard video to work - Similar Threads - cannot onboard video

2. something is wrong with my computer monitor or onboard video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something is wrong with my computer monitor or onboard video card: Hello I updated my Dell Optiplex 790 and now I can't get my computer or monitor to talk. And I just bought a HDMI cables two display port adapters and even tried swapping out a harddrive and reinstall windows nothing is working. I know the tower is working because it lights...
  3. something is wrong with my computer monitor or onboard video card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something is wrong with my computer monitor or onboard video card: Hello I updated my Dell Optiplex 790 and now I can't get my computer or monitor to talk. And I just bought a HDMI cables two display port adapters and even tried swapping out a harddrive and reinstall windows nothing is working. I know the tower is working because it lights...
  4. something is wrong with my computer monitor or onboard video card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Intel Onboard Graphics vs Video Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Onboard Graphics vs Video Card: I only use my computers for running Tradestation with a single low res monitor, so overall my graphics requirement is quite low. I've never used a graphics card at all, just Intel onboard graphics. Recently I noticed that when I allow the monitor to go to power off mode (from...
  6. Onboard camera no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onboard camera no longer working: camera no longer working on Windows 10. Error message: "We can't find your cameras. Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by antivirus software, and that you camera drivers are up to date." Error code 0xA00F42440xCooD36D5. Camera...
  7. Onboard camera no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onboard camera no longer working: camera no longer working on Windows 10. Error message: "We can't find your cameras. Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by antivirus software, and that you camera drivers are up to date." Error code 0xA00F42440xCooD36D5. Camera...
  8. Onboard camera no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello,I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  10. Onboard Audio does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onboard Audio does not work: Hello, I've just started having this issue since I did a fresh install of Windows 10, it seems like the onboard audio doesn't work, the rear audio jacks don't work and nor do the front, no matter what headphones I use, still no luck, all my drivers are upto date and the...