Windows 10: Cannot get rid of powerup signin

Discus and support Cannot get rid of powerup signin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; All was fine until I logged onto my Microsoft account (something I do reluctantly, but I have a new W10 computer). Now suddenly I have a logon just to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rosawoodsii, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Cannot get rid of powerup signin

All was fine until I logged onto my Microsoft account (something I do reluctantly, but I have a new W10 computer). Now suddenly I have a logon just to get to my desktop. (Really, Microsoft? Now you're going to tell me when and how I sign on?) I managed, from a few posts on here, to turn off the requirement when the computer sleeps, but that hasn't solved the powerup signin problem.

I found a recent thread that instructed to go to the action center, but try as I might (search, Security on Control Panel, User Accounts), I can't find anything that says "Action Center" or find a way to not use the Microsoft signin on powerup. How do I get to Action Center?

And while I'm about it, is there any way to open the Control Center without the category list, just go straight to Large Icon view?

:)

rosawoodsii, Feb 9, 2017
  2. OPOLO Win User

Startup sound

This hack worked great on my Blackjack II - THANKS - it not only got rid of the sound, but it also took away all the screens related with shutdown & powerup

thanks again

OPOLO, Feb 9, 2017
  3. cannot cick into signin option

I wanted to change password to pin in security settings.but I cannot click into the signin option once I click it gets stuck.i have restarted my system many times but still I cant enter into signin options.

Sambenhursha, Feb 9, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Cannot get rid of powerup signin

You can switch back to using a local account if you wish.
    How to Switch to a Local Account from a Microsoft Account in Windows 10
    How to Switch to a Microsoft Account from a Local Account in Windows 10

Right-click on Start and choose Control Panel. Select 'View by:', choose 'Large icons' and close Control Panel. It will remember this view for the next time you open it.

Bree, Feb 9, 2017
  5. Thanks. I was able to switch to a local user account, but it still gives me a login screen (but no password required). Is there a way to avoid it altogether? I have no reason to have any kind of login screen since I'm the only user and I live alone.

WRT the Control Panel, I've clicked on "View" > "Large Icons" every time I use the Control Panel, but it always brings me back to the category list next time I use it.

rosawoodsii, Feb 9, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get rid of powerup signin

1. Cannot get rid of powerup signin - Similar Threads - Cannot rid powerup

2. Cannot get rid of this trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get rid of this trojan: basically, i was using my pc and then i check my window security and then there is a trojan called "Trojan:Win32/MpTamperBulkExcel.H" and i cannot get rid of it, i tried full scan, offline scan and even clean my temp file.additional info : here this is the affected item,...
  3. Cannot get rid of this trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get rid of this trojan: basically, i was using my pc and then i check my window security and then there is a trojan called "Trojan:Win32/MpTamperBulkExcel.H" and i cannot get rid of it, i tried full scan, offline scan and even clean my temp file.additional info : here this is the affected item,...
  4. Cannot get rid of this trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows": Hello, I have my computer for four years now and this is the first time this watermark "activate windows" shows. I try to check for solution but all the help that I found only temporarily fix the issue and it will come back after a while. It's kinda annoying since I have this...
  6. CANNOT GET RID OF A LANGUAGE LAYOUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    CANNOT GET RID OF A LANGUAGE LAYOUT: All the methods that I know or read about in forums are all not helping **** AM I SUPPOSE TO DO HERE IS LIKE THE LANGUAGE DOSENT EXIST BUT ITS STILL THERE AND I CAN USE IT I AM A TIRED OF ACCEDENTLY SWITCHING THE LANGUAGE WHEN PRESSING SHIFT+ALT HOW THE **** DO I GET RID OF...
  7. i have 2 signin accounts and i want to get rid of one of them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have 2 signin accounts and i want to get rid of one of them: how do i get rid of sign in account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-2-signin-accounts-and-i-want-to-get-rid-of/994c35e1-b4a3-4756-87f2-81f2530affe8
  8. signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signin: tried to login but wouldn't accept password, got code for for p/w but says can't use p/w I want because it's an old p/w. l've only ever used 1 p/w, so why can't l signin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signin/e4cdc405-8c86-48a2-99a8-42c3ea955bd6
  9. cannot get rid of search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot get rid of search bar: Hi, can someone please tell me how to get rid of this search bar at the top of my screen? it is driving me crazy and doesnt hide when i watch full screen!! [img] 46807
  10. Intel Motherboard Powerup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Motherboard Powerup: Just bought a used Intel DQ57TM motherboard with i5-650 CPU. As I am going away on hols tomorrow, I quickly connected it up to a good power supply plus internal speaker, resting the mobo on an insulated surface. No other connections were made. When I switch power on, I get...