Windows 10: cannot get rid of rundll32.exe

Discus and support cannot get rid of rundll32.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, some rundll32 processes are doing whatever in my computer and this seems to be very important to them, so that I cannot work comfortably.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jyprivat, Aug 3, 2018.

1. jyprivat Win User

cannot get rid of rundll32.exe

Hey guys,

some rundll32 processes are doing whatever in my computer and this seems to be very important to them, so that I cannot work comfortably. With Autoruns64.exe I could delete some processes(see this post), but some malicious ones are still there. sfc /scannow didnt help.

Any ideas please?

System info: Lenovo yoga with i7 6560 processor, 16gb RAM and very big SSD drive

Thank you very much

cannot get rid of rundll32.exe c9e3fa55-b034-42ca-95fc-7b29dfffb979?upload=true.png

:)

jyprivat, Aug 3, 2018

2. rundll32.exe error in windows 10

Yes, i tried those troubleshooting steps and I didn't found anything relating to the file (rundll32.exe)

AaronJoshua, Aug 3, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    rundll32.exe error in windows 10

This is caused by an entry in your Startup processes:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open Task Manager
    • On the Startup Tab look for anything relating to this file (rundll32.exe)
    • If you find something related, select it and click 'Disable'

If you did not find it there:

• Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run Dialog
    • Type msconfig in the run dialog and hit enter
    • Click on the Services Tab of the resulting dialog
    • Check the box marked 'Hide all Microsoft Services'
    • Look for anything relating to this file (rundll32.exe)
    • If you find it, uncheck it
    • Click Apply and Reboot

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

rundll32.exe error in windows 10

Hi Aaron,

Rundll32.exe is an application that is used to launch functionality stored in shared .dll files, because
    DLL (Dynamic Link Library) files can't be launched directly.

Here are methods that we can do to resolve Rundll32.exe errors in Windows 10:

Method 1 – Replace the corrupted file using Startup Repair:

• In the search box, type Recovery options. Double-click Recovery options.
    • Go to Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • A blue window will pop-up, select Troubleshooting.
    • Select Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • On the new list with settings that will appear, select Enable debugging.

Method 2 – Use the scannow command:

• In the search menu, type cmd.
    • Right-click Command Prompt >Run as administrator.
    • Type the command sfc/scannow and press Enter.
    The sfc/scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files.

Method 3 – Replace the corrupted Rundll file:

• Download a copy of the Rundll32.exe file from the Internet.
    • Replace the missing or corrupted Rundll file with the new one.
      • Go to windows\system32\rundll32.exe.
      • Paste the new rundll32.exe file.

NOTE: Downloading a copy of the Rundll32.exe
    file from the Internet may cause system issues, virus and malware infection.

The entire risk arising out of the use of the downloaded file remains with you.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jose Est, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot get rid of rundll32.exe - Similar Threads - cannot rid rundll32

2. rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rundll32.exe: What would likely cause an error flag, "Win can't find file rundll32.exe in c:\Windows\System32", when the file does exist in this directory; date mod = 3/19/2019; size = 695 KB?...
  3. RUNDLL32.EXE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RUNDLL32.EXE: I am running Windows 10, ver 1909, OS build 18363.720. The RUNDLL#@.exe file has ceased to function. I can not longer access the screen saver program and the screen saver does not work. when I try to access the screen saver program thu settings I get the following message...
  4. DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM: Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording). [img] [img] 138478
  5. rundll32.exe "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rundll32.exe "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.": Hi, I recently rebuilt my pc and basically swapped everything apart from the SSD. Bought a new windows 10 key as windows kept displaying different errors and it said i didn't have a valid licence. Currently getting the fault above when trying to access stuff on windows 10....
  6. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...
  7. rundll32.exe causes heavy problems

rundll32.exe causes heavy problems: Hi everyone, It's simply impossible to work fluently without been stopped, because of this process. All rundll32 processes in Task Manager point to the same process in system32. Many antivirus softwares have been tried, but nothing found. System info: Lenovo yoga with i7...
  8. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...
  9. Windows 10 Personalized Settings cannot find Rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Personalized Settings cannot find Rundll32.exe: Windows 10 Personalized Settings cannot find Rundll32.exe Overall trying to ascertain why I get a Black-Screen-Of-Death after boot. (A cursor shows and can be moved) My 32bit PC that MS determined would work fine with Win 10 (and did work fine in Win 7) is failing in...
  10. Rundll32.exe issues | Hello ! :D

in Windows 10 Support
    Rundll32.exe issues | Hello ! :D: First of, hello, just made an account for this one issue. Now then, you can clearly see in the image what the problem is, [img] if for some reason you can't see the image, then the problem is Rundll32, which is a windows host process. It run's it self multiple...
Tags: