Windows 10: cannot get rid of search bar

Discus and support cannot get rid of search bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, can someone please tell me how to get rid of this search bar at the top of my screen? it is driving me crazy and doesnt hide when i watch full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xoxoemzxoxo, Apr 9, 2016.

1. cannot get rid of search bar

Hi,

can someone please tell me how to get rid of this search bar at the top of my screen? it is driving me crazy and doesnt hide when i watch full screen!!

cannot get rid of search bar [​IMG]

:)

xoxoemzxoxo, Apr 9, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

help me get rid of the explorer search bar from the top of my screen?

Use the Snipping tool to take a picture of the thing you are referring to and post it here.

The Snipping tool is in the Start menu, All apps list within the Windows accessories group.

Tryx3, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    help me get rid of the explorer search bar from the top of my screen?

Hi!

What search bar? Thread title is "internet explorer", post says "explorer search". Not sure what you are referring to. Internet Explorer can go to full screen by F11. I can not recall a search bar on IE 11. Use the settings cog to access Manage Add-ons and
    there is some search settings.

What is it you are trying to do?

Teddy2016, Apr 9, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

cannot get rid of search bar

Do you have Google Desktop installed? If so, uninstall it.

Ztruker, Apr 10, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    One can also download and run adwcleaner, however, be forewarned, go through all tabs and unclick what you know to be good, adwcleaner can be a little caustic. I'm not sure if ToolbarCleaner will help here.

RolandJS, Apr 10, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    That's a Chrome icon, isn't it? I don't use Chrome, so can't tell you if it's some option in that browser if you have it installed.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cannot get rid of search bar

1. cannot get rid of search bar - Similar Threads - cannot rid search

2. Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10: Ok, just another example of Microsoft sneaking **** in and then not allowing users to have control of their settings.In the last update for Windows 10 there is now a Bing image in the lower left search bar. I don't **** want it there and there is no way to get rid of it!...
  3. Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10: Ok, just another example of Microsoft sneaking **** in and then not allowing users to have control of their settings.In the last update for Windows 10 there is now a Bing image in the lower left search bar. I don't **** want it there and there is no way to get rid of it!...
  4. How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?: Hello, how do I remove this image in the search bar that appeared recently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-image-in-the-search-bar/ed3d1ef7-6055-4700-9270-63ceca263618
  5. How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?

How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?: Hello, how do I remove this image in the search bar that appeared recently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-image-in-the-search-bar/ed3d1ef7-6055-4700-9270-63ceca263618
  6. How to get rid of the icon on the search bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of the icon on the search bar Windows 10: I opened my laptop today May 12th, 2022 to see this:Because it is "International Nurses Day", they added this icon on my search bar.How do I get rid of it?---------------P.S. Do Microsoft developers have this much free time to add useless features like this? They should have...
  7. I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine: I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine which has recently started to open whenever I open my Browser Firefox. I have read everything I can on this and tried various things but nothing has worked. I tried to do a System Restore to go back a month, before this problem...
  8. I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine: I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine which has recently started to open whenever I open my Browser Firefox. I have read everything I can on this and tried various things but nothing has worked. I tried to do a System Restore to go back a month, before this problem...
  9. I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine

10. How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?: For some reason this application bar keeps on popping up on Cortana when I search things, anyone know how to get rid of it? Screenshot here: (the icons on the top above 'best match' is what I'm talking about) [img] Please help! Thanks, 46560