Windows 10: Cannot get Start Screen on start up, even when "enabled" in settings.

Discus and support Cannot get Start Screen on start up, even when "enabled" in settings. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to get my Win10 the way I want it on my work machine. When I start it defaults to desktop. I've found several methods online about enabling the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CalypsoArt, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Cannot get Start Screen on start up, even when "enabled" in settings.

Trying to get my Win10 the way I want it on my work machine. When I start it defaults to desktop. I've found several methods online about enabling the start screen as the default, but nothing works.
    1. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable...-in-windows-10

The tablet mode option is grayed out and unavailable on my machine. I did come across a discussion that said tablet mode was not available if you're running 2 monitors, which I am.

2. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/make-s...een-windows-10

I have the "use use-full screen start.." but it doesn't work.

Any other suggestions?

:)

CalypsoArt, Jul 22, 2016
  2. KO1021 Win User

(Win10) Can't run anything as administrator anymore? What can I do to become administrator again?

I am also NOT able to get into safe mode. It goes to my start up screen, where I need to supply pin in order to get past it. No safe mode settings. I have tried everything, even chatting with Microsoft twice without getting this resolved. I somehow switch
    my admin to local and cannot return. There is no admin prompt and everything requires a "yes" but I only get "no" prompt and cannot continue. I cannot even use a recovery flash drive because it needs a "yes" from admin when installed! Can anyone help! Thank
    you.

KO1021, Jul 22, 2016
  3. TMaves Win User
    Task-bar Blocked By Maximized Window

When working with a maximized window, I cannot get the task bar to reappear when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. Only started occurring after I upgraded to Windows 10. Have tried changing the settings but cannot get it work. Have to use
    the "windows" key to get the Start Menu/Task Bar to pop-up. Am I missing a setting?

TMaves, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

Cannot get Start Screen on start up, even when "enabled" in settings.

1. Cannot get Start Screen on start up, even when "enabled" in settings. - Similar Threads - Cannot Start Screen

2. Cannot get Start Menu . Settings to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get Start Menu . Settings to work: The past few weeks, I cannot click on the windows start menu, I cannot get into settings or any windows functions. I have endlessy looked up videos/tips/tricks and NOTHING works- everything that is suggested to try, I can't because I cannot get into the Windows settings to...
  3. Cannot get Start Menu . Settings to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get Start Menu . Settings to work: The past few weeks, I cannot click on the windows start menu, I cannot get into settings or any windows functions. I have endlessy looked up videos/tips/tricks and NOTHING works- everything that is suggested to try, I can't because I cannot get into the Windows settings to...
  4. Cannot get Start Menu . Settings to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. A screen pop up when starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A screen pop up when starting: C:users\appdata\roaming\dejcbwj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-screen-pop-up-when-starting/1b50964e-2369-40ae-87e9-b77a9ddd2acb
  6. Start Up Apps not Enabling.

Start Up Apps not Enabling.: Hii the start up apps are not enabling , i tried enabling it, it gets enabled but when i close the task manager start up window they get again to disabled.Please anyone help me....
  7. Start up apps not enabling.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up apps not enabling.: Hii the start up apps are not enabling , i tried enabling it, it gets enabled but when i close the task manager start up window they get again to disabled.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Cannot get out of start up Screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get out of start up Screen.: I did a Windows 10 software update, after which it told me to restart. when I did the restart the start up screen stops at error message WerFault.exe - Bad Image. The screen will not allow me to go any further. Not even to my home page, Have tried everything, but nothing...
  9. Can't get started on set up

Can't get started on set up: Trying to get started but it tells us our pin is incorrect. Will not let us reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-started-on-set-up/3a5464cb-65c4-4705-bf91-d4d0e444d994
  10. Cannot unlock start up screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot unlock start up screen: Hoping someone can help. I have an Inspiron 15 laptop which is not letting me past the password screen. For some reason when I press the number 1 as part of the password the key registers a '1, which appears to be the symbol entered by pressing the key immediately to the left...