Windows 10: Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10

Discus and support Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i navigate to settings>Recovery>Go back to Win 7, I click the "Get Started" button but nothing opens or occurs at all. I am the only account on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by conrad9900, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10

When i navigate to settings>Recovery>Go back to Win 7, I click the "Get Started" button but nothing opens or occurs at all. I am the only account on the PC with full admin rights. Attached is a screenshot of my user list

Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10 [​IMG]

:)

conrad9900, Jul 26, 2016

2. Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10

When i navigate to settings>Recovery>Go back to Win 7, I click the "Get Started" button but nothing opens or occurs at all. I am the only account on the PC with full admin rights. Attached is a screenshot of my user list

Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10 [​IMG]

conrad9900, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10

Hi Conrad,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if that helps:

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature:

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature in the Anniversary Edition and the Spring / Fall Creators Update

For more info and requirements, see the go back to a previous version of Windows section of

Recovery options in Windows 10

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Jul 26, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10

Hi there

Oh Dear

Why don't some people EVER LISTEN to sensible advice on these Forums

Why on earth didn't you IMAGE you W7 system before doing any upgrades etc --things like MACRIUM are FREE.

90% of problems could be solved if people only too regular backpps.

\this advice must have been given AD NAUSEAM by loads of people on the forums.

If only you had an image -- ouldtake you around 30 mins max to restore back to W7.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 26, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Easy there, Jimbo. Most people don't come to these forums until they are having problems and most people would expect the OS to work as Microsoft advertised that it would until they find out the hard way that it doesn't always.

Conrad, as you have discovered, the built-in rollback feature of Windows 10 is extremely unreliable. And for future reference so is the built-in backup and restore function. Most of us here use Macrium Reflect Free for our backups. We make a backup image before we do anything major - like the upcoming August 2 Anniversary upgrade - most of us will do our own image backup on July 31 or August 1 Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10 :).

Does your computer have a Windows 7 Certificate of Authenticity sticker anywhere on it with a product key printed on it? If so, you can use that product key to do a clean re-install of Windows 7 and you can get Windows 7 ISO files using the utility here:

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10

1. Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Win7 Win10

2. GO back to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GO back to Win7: I have win10 currently installed on my pc. I had win7 originally installed on my pc and had updated it during the free upgrade for win10. I need to go back to Win7 now, don't ask why. I had created recovery of Win7 when i had bought the pc on 3 discs. But I don't have any...
  3. Win10 reverted back to Win7

Win10 reverted back to Win7: A few years ago, I redeemed the free Win10 offer and upgraded my computer. Previously, I was using Win7 I believe the previous Win7 installation was kept on a petition on one of my internal hard drives, whilst the new Win10 installation was kept on my SSD. Just today,...
  4. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  5. Going from win10 to win7 - how, precisely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Going from win10 to win7 - how, precisely: So the primary issue is this: My motherboard is old enough that there are no windows 10 drivers for it. I did get everything running smoothly at one point, but have no clue how, and now it honestly seems easier to downgrade to 7, where drivers exist and so on. How do I...
  6. Best Way To Go BACK to Win7

Best Way To Go BACK to Win7: So, for whatever reason, I'm having a myriad of issues with Win10. This laptop isn't even 4 months old, and I just had to replace my HHD last week, and my internet connection is dropping out every 5 mins. I have an OLD laptop with Win7 on it sitting right beside me and it's...
  7. cannot upgrade from win7 to win10

cannot upgrade from win7 to win10: I have 6 computers at my premises 4 ran windows 8.1 pro and two currently running win 7 HP. Now all the installations are fully activated and full RETAIL versions and upto date with all updates. Because my broadband (LOL) connection is very slow (sub 2 Meg ) it would take...
  8. How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?

How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?: I've decided not to use Win10 and wish to roll back to the original Win7 that was on the drive. Win10 has the old system backed up to the Windows.old directory...but is there a tool or application in Win10 to initiate the roll back? I know I can wipe and reload or use my...
  9. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716
  10. Problems trying to go back to Win7 after upgrade to Win10

Problems trying to go back to Win7 after upgrade to Win10: I'm trying to rollback to Win7 after Win10 update. I've got some hardware that I want to use that's not compatible. I've tried going to recovery and 'Go back to Win7' but it's telling me I need to delete the users I've created. The problem is that I removed the original...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 cannot back to win 7