Windows 10: Cannot hear nothing, and cannot do restores

Discus and support Cannot hear nothing, and cannot do restores in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So today I got 3 BSOD's about memory management, but thats not important. The third one tho, was very bad to me. After I restarted my pc, I've seen red... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikołajPolok, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Cannot hear nothing, and cannot do restores

So today I got 3 BSOD's about memory management, but thats not important. The third one tho, was very bad to me. After I restarted my pc, I've seen red x next to volume. I didn't care, coz it happened frequently, and I just had to start an audio file or yt video and it was ok. Today tho, nothing happened. It still remained quiet. It turned out to be some audio service being turned off. I turned it on - nothing. Still no sound, just the x dissappeared, and in troubleshooting it said "audio services are not responding". I've read about "windows audio endpoint builder" service. I do not have that service in my 'services.msc'. So I just reinstalled realtek drivers, but nothing. The sound is still gone. So after long web searching, I decided to do a system restore. I did it. Unsuccessfully with 0x80070005 error (that error has something to do with permissions?). And after I wanted to do another restore, my restore points were gone.

So I need help with 4 things

Why I don't have sound? Can I fix that?

Why is my windows audio endpoint builder service gone?

Why can't I do a restore?

Why are my restore points gone?

:)

MikołajPolok, Jul 8, 2018

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 8, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Cannot hear nothing, and cannot do restores [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Cannot hear nothing, and cannot do restores

Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Cannot hear nothing, and cannot do restores

1. Cannot hear nothing, and cannot do restores - Similar Threads - Cannot hear nothing

2. Windows cannot hear me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot hear me: My teammates cannot hear me when I'm on microphone. My microphone is unmuted and I also tried to use inbuilt as well as microphone of my earphones. I can hear them properly but no one can hear me. Please help me with this....
  3. BSOD, cannot enter Safe Mode, System Restore, nothing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, cannot enter Safe Mode, System Restore, nothing.: Hello, I lack the knowledge of computers and hope I receive some help. I had a pc built for my younger sister and it was fine until she received the BSOD. There were cycles of resetting that led to no improvements regardless of whether I chose to enter Safe Mode, clearing...
  4. Cannot hear the beginnings of sounds

Cannot hear the beginnings of sounds: I just switched to the Audio Technica ATH M50x wireless headphones, and whenever I click on a video on youtube, I cannot hear the beginning of the video. A small snippet of audio cuts out and then I am able to hear audio in the video. This also happens in discord sometimes...
  5. Why Cortana cannot hear me properly and cannot hear me?

in Cortana
    Why Cortana cannot hear me properly and cannot hear me?: I asked Cortana to tell the time and other things but Cortana is mishearing or cannot hear me. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cortana-cannot-hear-me-properly-and-cannot/3b7ed31c-87cf-4cdd-9ef2-c927634cd6ff
  6. Cannot see icons and Cortana cannot hear me

Cannot see icons and Cortana cannot hear me: Whenever I go on tablet mode and exit, sometimes my desktop icons don't even show up, and I also say stuff to Cortana, but the words appear on the screen and then Cortana says: "Sorry, I didn't get that." Help!!!...
  7. I cannot hear

I cannot hear: Anybody know why my headphones have no sound coming from it? My headphones are not muted and the windows audio service is working. My headphones work as well. I have a Alienware Alpha R2 and I got it the year it came out. It is running windows 10. I have uninstalled and...
  8. I cannot hear Cortana

I cannot hear Cortana: I have installed US English language pack on my Windows 10 PC, including text-to-speech, typewriting etc. But I have a problem with Cortana: she can hear me but I cannot hear her. She is muted...
  9. Cortana cannot hear me

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot hear me: Hi, I built a new computer and all is good, except that Cortana cannot hear me. I have tried my headset mic and USB mic, both show levels when I speak, but Cortana cannot recognize my voice. I have the following: Windows 10 (all up-to-date) Asus RoG Strix X399...
  10. cannot get dvd to play when inserted.can hear it start,but then nothing happens

cannot get dvd to play when inserted.can hear it start,but then nothing happens: Cannot get dvd to play, but hear it start ,then stops and nothing happens I defraced my laptop,because it was running slow and it didn't work after that I have since done a recovery on my laptop to try if it would make any difference,but just the same....