Windows 10: cannot hide insider builds updates

Discus and support cannot hide insider builds updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello everyone i tried the insider build 14295 for some days and i left the program ad reinstall windows by roll back to preview build the one problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mado86, Apr 24, 2016.

1. mado86 Win User

cannot hide insider builds updates

hello everyone i tried the insider build 14295 for some days and i left the program ad reinstall windows by roll back to preview build the one problem i have now is windows update still show Windows 10 Insider Preview 14295 in the update list i mark my wifi as metered connection to stop download the build automatically i tried the tool to hide updates but it wont show in update list am still stock on Windows 10 Insider Preview 14295 and cannot delete or hide it from the list any ideas plz? *Huh

:)

mado86, Apr 24, 2016
  2. RoP_GER Win User

Cannot reactivate Windows 10 insider builds

Several times I rebooted, but there is always the same situation!

What is that? How can I fix this?

Regards

RoP

RoP_GER, Apr 24, 2016
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 insider builds

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

1. Right-click start button.

2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).

3. Copy and paste the commands one at time and press enter each time.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

exit

5. Reboot

6. Login and retry windows updates

You may need to wait several hours or a few/couple days.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 24, 2016
Thema:

cannot hide insider builds updates

1. cannot hide insider builds updates - Similar Threads - cannot hide insider

2. (SOLVED) Cannot update to latest insider build 18346.1 (19h1_release)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    (SOLVED) Cannot update to latest insider build 18346.1 (19h1_release): Hello, I'm switched to the fast ring recently and wanted to test out the new windows gaming features on the insider build but installation stops at 25% and an error occurs saying "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Although you are enrolled in the Windows Insider...
  3. Cannot update to latest insider build 18346.1 (19h1_release)

Cannot update to latest insider build 18346.1 (19h1_release): Hello, I'm switched to the fast ring recently and wanted to test out the new windows gaming features on the insider build but installation stops at 25% and an error occurs saying "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Although you are enrolled in the Windows Insider...
  4. Cannot set up Insider Updates

Cannot set up Insider Updates: I am trying to set up automatic updates for Windows Insider Preview and get the following: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-up-insider-updates/b9dcba95-7ee8-4997-8c65-8e498c45515c
  5. Windows Insider Build Updates

Windows Insider Build Updates: I am having a problem with receiving updates since January 16th but only on one of my desktops. My main computer is still receiving updates, currently pre-release 18323 but my backup desktop stopped at 18317. I did a remote with Customer Service two days ago and was assured...
  6. Cannot Run Hide Update Tool on Windows 10

Cannot Run Hide Update Tool on Windows 10: Hello, I have a problem updating my windows 10 laptop with the KB4458469 latest update and the system keeps showing the Reverting changes message because some updates couldn't be installed. Microsoft support told me to run the Hide Update Tool from this link...
  7. Windows 10 insider build update

Windows 10 insider build update: Windows Insider Build goes to 85% then Undoes the changes. can't stop it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-insider-build-update/8dd48d98-9b4a-4bae-9cf4-a7e37caef4f9
  8. Hide Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hide Updates: I have a failed update that I do not want, but how are they hidden, up to 8.1 it was easy, now I cant find 'hide updates' ?*Sad 51964
  9. Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?: Oh well another update and there is still no option within Windows Update Advanced options to hide unwanted updates as you could with predecessors of the Windows Flagship family of operating systems. I won't understand why they haven't added this feature because I have...
  10. Cannot turn on Cortana on Windows Insider Build 14366

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn on Cortana on Windows Insider Build 14366: Before I updated to the latest version of windows Cortana was working. After i updated it I noticed that Cortana was missing. WHen I checked the settings, I saw this. [img] I saw "Online Search is not available for this version of Windows" and I do not know how this...