Windows 10: Cannot import error accessing the registry

Discus and support Cannot import error accessing the registry in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Yes i'll do backup asap and Big thanks for your help *Smile You're welcome! *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Cannot import error accessing the registry

You're welcome! *Smile

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
  2. FS1
    fs1 Win User

Just trying to import registry backup but im getting this error
    Cannot import error accessing the registry [​IMG]

any idea how to fix this? Cheers

:)

3. sralpert Win User
    Windows 10 regedit cannot import a reg file

I save a reg file in a directory with no spaces. I want to import back into the Windows 10 registry but receive an error message:

Cannot import <filename>.reg: Error accessing the registry.

I am running as Administrator and have full control.

What's wrong?

/steveA

sralpert, Apr 20, 2018
  4. L_turn987 Win User

Touchpad sensitivity in Windows 10

I am running Win10 and when I tried your fix I rec'd an error saying "Cannot import glidepadfix.reg. The file specifiec is not a registry script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor."

How can I convert the text to binary code?

L_turn987, Apr 20, 2018
  5. Try the same in safemode *Smile

kingtez1984, Apr 20, 2018
  6. FS1
    fs1 Win User
    Nothing still the same error in safemode

7. f14tomcat Win User
    Is your User name on the machine actually Owner ? May be a permission issue.

f14tomcat, Apr 20, 2018
  8. FS1
    fs1 Win User

Yes it is and its admin

9. f14tomcat Win User
    Can you please post how you are trying to do this. The command or context menu entry you tried.

And the version of Windows, please.

f14tomcat, Apr 20, 2018
  10. FS1
    fs1 Win User
    Regedit > Run as admin > Files > Import
    Windows 10 Pro

11. f14tomcat Win User
    Try a different method, without Regedit open. Right click the file, and choose merge

f14tomcat, Apr 20, 2018
  12. FS1
    fs1 Win User
    Already tryd it same error

13. f14tomcat Win User

Are these entries from the same machine? Same owner? Maybe if you zip the file and post it, I could take a look at the contents to see if anything pops up.

You have Win 10 Pro, but what version? Win Key + R, type winver and enter....

f14tomcat, Apr 20, 2018
  14. FS1
    fs1 Win User
    Attachment 185429
    Version 1709 (os build 16299.371)

15. f14tomcat Win User
    I took a quick look at the contents of that file. It looks like the entire Current User registry tree. I do not believe you can just import it back on top of itself when it is wide open in the system. Safe mode or not. Maybe if you could explain a little further why you are wanting to do this, it would help. Thanks.

f14tomcat, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot import error accessing the registry - Similar Threads - Cannot import error

2. Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...: Already tried granting permissions in regedit and taking ownership of the file + granting everyone permissions, also ran a "sfc /scannow" command to search for any corrupt files, but I get the exact same error....
  3. Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...: Already tried granting permissions in regedit and taking ownership of the file + granting everyone permissions, also ran a "sfc /scannow" command to search for any corrupt files, but I get the exact same error....
  4. Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot import registry key into regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot import registry key into regedit: When i try to import .reg file into regedit it says that file is not .reg file,any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-import-registry-key-into-regedit/2607614e-56de-4287-9b37-58f70d495277
  6. URGENT: Can’t boot into PC due to kernel errors & cannot access important data. error...

URGENT: Can’t boot into PC due to kernel errors & cannot access important data. error...: Out of the blue, the other day when turning on my computer I got ablue screen with an error message. Below is an exact copy of themessage I get: “Recovery Your PC couldn’tstart properly The operatingsystem couldn’t be loaded because the kernel is missing or...
  7. Cannot import Registry File, Not all Data was successfully written to the Registry

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot import Registry File, Not all Data was successfully written to the Registry: [ATTACH]Windows Registry allows any user to take backup and restore registry files. While the […] This article Cannot import Registry File, Not all Data was successfully written to the Registry first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Error accessing registry

Error accessing registry: I have a script I run which installs all my programs and games and basically compresses about 8 hours of work into 40 minutes. It makes lots of tweaks to the registry, services, tasks and so on. But I've been plagued for some time with problems importing registry files. I...
  9. Cannot access registry

Cannot access registry: I am not able to run cmd as administrator, a pop up titled 'Network Error' shows up with the following statement : 'Windows cannot access C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe' 'Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify...
  10. Message: Error accessing registry

Message: Error accessing registry: I tried to install some older software on WIN 10 which, according to the 'net, others have done successfully. When I try to run the set-up program, I get the above-referenced message. Research suggests this is usually due to "dead" entries in the registry left over from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot import error accessing the registry

2. cannot import error accessing registry win 10

3. registry cannot import error accessing the registry

4. reg import error accessing the registry,
  5. regedit cannot import error accessing,
  6. registry import error,
  7. backed up registry entry error accessing the registry,
  8. runtime error (at 1:0): cannot import,
  9. cannot import registry,
  10. regedit import eror accessing registry,
  11. cannot import error,
  12. windows 10 import registry file cannon import error accessing the registry,
  13. cannot import registry error accessing the registry