Windows 10: Cannot install Bluetooth adapter in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot install Bluetooth adapter in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a Bluetooth adapter. I am trying to install it, but I am having problems. It is a plug and play type of adapter and the instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RajanKandoi, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Cannot install Bluetooth adapter in Windows 10

I recently bought a Bluetooth adapter. I am trying to install it, but I am having problems. It is a plug and play type of adapter and the instructions say that the drivers will be installed automatically after I connect the adapter. But the same does not reflect in the device manager as a Bluetooth device. It does show in the USB Controllers as CSR Bluetooth chip.

When I tried to trouble shoot the same, some driver was installed and the Bluetooth appeared in my Device Manager, but under it CSR Bluetooth Chip has appeared with an exclamation mark in yellow.

How can I rectify this problem and make the Bluetooth adapter work?

:)

RajanKandoi, Jul 11, 2018
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jul 11, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT400/specifications/

P4-630, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Aliz Win User

Cannot install Bluetooth adapter in Windows 10

Promate Bluetooth™ 4.0 USB Adapter !

Hello Everyone

I have just bought the above mentioned bluetooth adapter but unfortunately cant manage to connect my bluetooth headset with it (does not find the device in pairing mode, keeps searching)! I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this device from the promate website. Any suggestions?

OS - Win7 64 bit

Thema:

Cannot install Bluetooth adapter in Windows 10

1. Cannot install Bluetooth adapter in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot install Bluetooth

2. Cannot connect to Bluetooth on Windows 10 using adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Bluetooth on Windows 10 using adapter: I recently changed my motherboard to a system that doesn't have built in Bluetooth, so I purchased a USB Bluetooth adapter so I could connect my devices. Whenever I try connecting, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try...
  3. Cannot connect to Bluetooth on Windows 10 using adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Bluetooth on Windows 10 using adapter: I recently changed my motherboard to a system that doesn't have built in Bluetooth, so I purchased a USB Bluetooth adapter so I could connect my devices. Whenever I try connecting, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try...
  4. Cannot connect to Bluetooth on Windows 10 using adapter

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bluetooth adapter not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth adapter not working Windows 10: Hey i recently bought a bluetooth adapter for my desktop because my motherboard doesn't support it by default, but i ran into some problems.For some reason bluetooth is not working. in device manager i can see the adapter and i can see the bluetooth radio, but still if i...
  6. Bluetooth adapter not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth adapter not working Windows 10: Hey i recently bought a bluetooth adapter for my desktop because my motherboard doesn't support it by default, but i ran into some problems.For some reason bluetooth is not working. in device manager i can see the adapter and i can see the bluetooth radio, but still if i...
  7. Bluetooth adapter not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Bluetooth adapter - not recognised Windows 10

Bluetooth adapter - not recognised Windows 10: My PC is not Bluetooth capable, so I have purchased a tp-link Bluetooth 4.0 Nano USB Adapter in order to use Apple Pro Pods on my PC. As this should be 'plug and play' on Windows 10 there should not be a problem with the system recognising the adapter and setting up the pods...
  9. Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10

Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10: [ATTACH] I am having this issue for the past 4 days. I tried everything stated on this page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-adapter-device-cannot-start-code-10/209550e9-988b-487a-beed-009cbf96190b?auth=1 Please help me....
  10. Mouse auto-installing with bluetooth adapter

Mouse auto-installing with bluetooth adapter: Hi all, Bought a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi combo adapter for my Desktop, paired my MS sculpt Bluetooth mouse to it, and all was fine. Until the adapter decided it didn’t want to work anymore, thought I’d give it one more go as it is a cheap enough adapter, so bought another,...