Windows 10: Cannot install D Link modem , windows not recognizing the drive

Discus and support Cannot install D Link modem , windows not recognizing the drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please see the screenshot below: https://i.stack.imgur.com/gOhPm.jpg The first time I inserted the modem it showed in the File Explorer view.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidJones420, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Cannot install D Link modem , windows not recognizing the drive

Please see the screenshot below:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/gOhPm.jpg

The first time I inserted the modem it showed in the File Explorer view. After that first time, when I tried to insert the modem again it is showing as the black D drive icon. I tried to fix the thing via the Device Manager, but it is still not showing.

What should be done to resolve this issue?

Look at my D Drive in the screenshot , it is not recognizing the USB device

:)

DavidJones420, Nov 26, 2016

2. D-Link DWM-156 USB Modem blocked by Windows 10

Steps 2 install D-Link Modem-156 in windows 10.

1. Open the patch file. Do not connect the modem to pc.

2. wait till it says :searching for usb port & then connect the d-link modem

3. wait until it says "press any key to continue". After all the files are installed remove the modem again from the port.

4. restart the pc

5. reconnect the d-link modem

6. open the installer located in the modem

the application will be installed successfully

in shaa allah

Step 1. Download the link given by hossain

Dr.RashidManzar, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Unable to install D-Link Modem onto Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the issue are you facing while installing?

Please get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2016
  4. valihrach Win User

Cannot install D Link modem , windows not recognizing the drive

Same problem with DWM-157, after two days, it stopped to show its filesystem with installation files. Replaced under warranty but I'm not sure how long it will work.

Try to plug it in different computer; in the case of failure ask for replacement/refund.

Also you should know its behavior:
    - while plugging it in usb port it shows content of its "virtual cd" for software installation
    - if you install it, run Connection Manager and connect to 3G network then the "virtual cd" disappears, it will look as on your screenshot
    - to gain access to its filesystem again, you have to 1. disconnect from 3g, 2. unplug the modem completely, 3. plug it in again.
    It is by design, probably to avoid overloading of its internal microcontroller, but switching between two modes looks a little bit unreliable...

valihrach, Nov 26, 2016
Thema:

Cannot install D Link modem , windows not recognizing the drive

1. Cannot install D Link modem , windows not recognizing the drive - Similar Threads - Cannot install Link

2. D:\ drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D:\ drive not being recognized: Suddenly, when I insert a DV-R or a CD-RW in the D:\ drive of my desktop, I get a message... "Windows cannot read the disk in Drive D:\. Any solutions.I can see the Drive when I open device manager. Tried uninstall, and then reinstall, Also tried to update said...
  3. I cannot install a game in the drive D:\

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install a game in the drive D:\: I just recently bought a game from the App Store and I cannot install it. I did some research and I found that I have to delete or rename the folder: D:\WindowsApps I did it but when I try to install again the folder is re created empty and nothing else happen. Also I give...
  4. D link modem is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D link modem is not working: Whenever i insert a d link modem it shows blocked for your protection.How can i resolve this to run my modem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-link-modem-is-not-working/7e2b4cac-9a97-4b2b-884b-b2ea2aad0279
  5. WINDOW 10 BLOCK MY D-LINK MODEM

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOW 10 BLOCK MY D-LINK MODEM: Sir, window 10 block my D-LINK modem. So tell me how to use my D-LINK modem in my window 10. thanks. Each time i plug in my D-Link Modem in my window 10. it will show an administrator has block you from running this program. I have done a lot but no solution. pls help me out...
  6. Disk Drive D not recognized

Disk Drive D not recognized: I have a laptop with Windows 10 recently installed. I can't open the removale drive. It shows up in device manager under disk drives and says it is working properly when I click on properties. How can I get the system to recognize the drive so I can transfer files?...
  7. D Link DWP 156 USB Modem

D Link DWP 156 USB Modem: D Link DWP 156 USB Modem is blocked from installing its software on windows 10 may I know the reason? also I would like to know the work around for installing it....
  8. Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's?

Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's?: Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's? I have to open D drive and drag them to 321 media player. I downloaded 321 media player thinking it would solve the problem but it didn't I have to open D drive and drag the audio and video folders to it in order for the DVD to play....
  9. D-Link Modem 157

D-Link Modem 157: Why Why Why ???? is windows 10 blocking my D-Link Modem 157 insallation?? I can not even run it as administrator from browsing or from the command prompt Somebody PLEASE Help It keep on telling me it is blocked for my protection ?? but I always used it before the latest...
  10. I could not installed D-Link Modem in my pc........help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I could not installed D-Link Modem in my pc........help me: When i was trying to install it, its shown that..."(This app has blocked for your protection) An administrator has blocked you from running this app.For more information, contact the administrator."...................help me please............ 27806