Windows 10: Cannot install fonts, build 17713

Discus and support Cannot install fonts, build 17713 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On one of the newest windows builds, build 17713, I cannot install any fonts anymore. I was going to install Roboto when I got an error. The error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Goplie, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Goplie Win User

Cannot install fonts, build 17713

On one of the newest windows builds, build 17713, I cannot install any fonts anymore.

I was going to install Roboto when I got an error.

The error is: "The file.... does not appear to be a valid font."

The files all are in .ttf format.

I am logged in as an admin.

I already tried downloading the fonts from many different sources.

Nothing seems to be working.

Online, I read that this has also possibly something to do with the Windows firewall.

The strange thing is, I was able to download and install multiple other fonts about a month ago without any problems.

I can't really enable my Windows firewall as many people suggest, because my firewall is managed by my anti-virus, Norton.

But I already tried installing the same font from the same sources on a similar PC. That worked out fine.

The only difference is that it uses an older final build of Windows. It also runs Norton.

I have this problem with all fonts I try to install.

I also didn't see this under "known issues" of the insider blog.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

btw: I already tried a whole lot of ways to make it work like: dragging into the folder, disabling Norton firewall, copying the files from another system,...

:)

Goplie, Jul 30, 2018

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 30, 2018
  3. CahalM Win User
    Error message "This Font Is Already Installed. Do You Want To Replace It"

Hi!

I'm using Windows 10 Home 64-BIT, Version 1703, OS BUILD 15063.674

Checking

• Which build and version of Windows are you running on your computer?
      • Windows 10 Home 64-BIT, Version 1703, OS BUILD 15063.674
    • Please check if the fonts are listed in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts.
      • Only NB International Mono Regular appears in the fonts folder.
    • Please check again if the fonts are listed in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts.
      • The following NB fonts are present:
    NB-International-Pro-Light

NB-International-Pro-Mono

NB-International-Pro-Regular

NB-International-Pro-Italic

• Have you tried replacing it? If yes, what was the result?
      • Yes! I have tried replacing and each time (whether the font is present in the registry or not) I receive the same error message "This Font Is Already Installed. Do You Want To Replace It"
    Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Cahal

CahalM, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Fonts installed but not displaying

Hello Kirsty,

Problem using the newly installed fonts has a lot of causes. One example is the font was not installed properly. To isolate the issue, can you answer the below questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • If yes, can you include a
      screenshot
      ?
    • Have you tried dragging the Futura LT font to the Font File folder? (Go to Fonts (Control Panel) and drop the Futura LT font)
    • Have you installed the Font before? If yes, try the below steps
    • Go to C:\Windows\Fonts using File Explorer.
    • Find the font file and open it to preview the font.
    • In the preview window click Install on the top right corner and you’ll reinstall the font manually.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

Jelo Sen, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot install fonts, build 17713 - Similar Threads - Cannot install fonts

2. Cannot install fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install fonts: So, a few months ago I figure out how to install custom fonts. So I go and download some and try to install them. The first time I try to install a font, it works fine. The font appears in my font list. The second time I try, it works fine also. But when I try to install a...
  3. Cannot install fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install fonts: So, a few months ago I figure out how to install custom fonts. So I go and download some and try to install them. The first time I try to install a font, it works fine. The font appears in my font list. The second time I try, it works fine also. But when I try to install a...
  4. Not a valid font file font cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not a valid font file font cannot be installed: I downloaded paid this font from my phone's theme store and i decided to install it to my windows 10 laptop but a window kept popping out saying "its not a valid font file". I've tried dragging it into the personalization windows, use online converter... none of it works. The...
  5. how to comeout from win 10, 17713 build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to comeout from win 10, 17713 build: pls help me to come out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-comeout-from-win-10-17713-build/d708fc7a-e7a4-4783-bda1-90a4e4ffe6d3
  6. Build 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 Breaks Edge and Cortana - they can't connect to the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 Breaks Edge and Cortana - they can't connect to the...: Once this update has installed itself, both the above programs can't connect to the Internet and nor can extensions like LastPass. Other browsers such as Chrome and Internet Explorer are unaffacted. If i return to the earlier version of Windows, that fixes both things....
  7. Windows 10 insider build 17713 task view has a bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 insider build 17713 task view has a bug: When I switch of the task view it always places my apps in a wrong order such as it makes the app which should stay in the button to the top my device is surface laptop...
  8. Beta MSFT Edge build 17713.rs.5 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Beta MSFT Edge build 17713.rs.5 version: Hello, Build 17713.rs.5 was installed yesterday with a BETA version of MSFT Edge. I cannot access the internet through the BETA version. I cannot contact support from the Windows 10 machine. I need to get this fixed to work at my job. What has anyone else done to get his...
  9. List of what’s fixed and broken in latest Windows 10 Build 17713

in Windows 10 News
    List of what’s fixed and broken in latest Windows 10 Build 17713: Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 Build 17713 for Fast Ring Insiders with many new features and improvements for Microsoft Edge, Notepad and more. You can refer our dedicated article on the new features here. With Microsoft releasing a new Windows 10 build for Fast...
  10. Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders: Microsoft is today rolling out a new Windows 10 preview build for the Windows Insiders in Fast Ring. Windows 10 Build 17713 comes with significant changes for Edge browser and Notepad. Microsoft Edge Improvements Microsoft Edge features a new media autoplay controls. You...