Windows 10: Cannot install "jre-8u151-windows-i586" exe

Discus and support Cannot install "jre-8u151-windows-i586" exe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There is no Update tab on my Java control panel so I downloaded the standalone/offline installer and the online update file and neither will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by daniellouwrens, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Cannot install "jre-8u151-windows-i586" exe

Hi

There is no Update tab on my Java control panel so I downloaded the standalone/offline installer and the
    online update file and neither will run.

I have unblocked the files and run Takeownership and I run as admin but
    the curser shows running for about 60 seconds then goes nowhere.

I tried with my AV turned off but it made no difference.

This has been happening for a few days now and does not happen with any other Install file
    I have tried. (4)

Any ideas on what I can try?

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Nov 27, 2017
  2. Jim*R Win User

Java JRE 8U66 (32-bit) Will not install on either my Windows 7 Pro or my Windows 10 PC

I've tried many things to install the Java 8u65 and/ot the 8u66 update. I have no trouble removing or reinstalling the java 8u51 update. I currently have the 8.0.510.16 version installed. The process starts but after the administrator approval screen,
    nothing happens. The jusched.log file for the last 8u66 attempt has the following information.

jusched.log

[2015/11/22 18:45:39.493, jre-8u66-windows-i586.exe (PID: 5200,

TID: 10088), AllUtils.cpp:121 (logit)]

INFO: Wrapper begin...

TID: 10088), wrapper.cpp:64 (WinMain)]

INFO: Running offline JRE wrapper with command line=<>

TID: 10088), JavaEnvironment.cpp:472 (JavaEnvironment::detect)]

TRACE: Entering JavaEnvironment::detect

[2015/11/22 18:45:39.509, jre-8u66-windows-i586.exe (PID: 5200,

TID: 10088), JavaEnvironment.cpp:0 (JavaEnvironment::detect)]

TRACE: Exiting JavaEnvironment::detect (entered at

JavaEnvironment.cpp:472)

TID: 10088), wrapper.cpp:507 (WinMain)]

ERROR: Exception with message

'KnownProductCodeInstalledJavaTracker.cpp(205) at

KnownProductCodeInstalledJavaTracker::next():

MsiEnumProducts(101) failed with error=[1610]' caught

TID: 10088), wrapper.cpp:509 (WinMain)]

INFO: Wrapper exit code: 1

My Current PC is a Windows 10 pro (64-bit) PC with both Oracle VirtualBox and Hyper-V installed. It Java update is for the Basic PC OS.

How do I get the Java JRE updater to work? I have jre-8u65-windows-i586.exe/jre-8u65-windows-i586.exe/&jre-8u65-windows-i586.tra.gz files downloaded and the same for 8u66.

Jim*R, Nov 27, 2017
  3. Shenan Stanley, Nov 27, 2017
  4. Cannot install "jre-8u151-windows-i586" exe

muchomurka, Nov 27, 2017
  5. Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have no idea what is going on, I ran the uninstall tool and it showed that both Javas had
    been installed.

I went ahead and unistalled both, rebooted, deleted the folders, ran JavaRA and deleted remnants the rebooted again.

When I ran the x86 install file I got exactly the same response as before, the curser thinking, then nothing.

I then checked in the Program files (x86) folder and Java had been installed without any further input from me.

I then installed the 64 version with exactly the same result, IE no further input from me.

I have a program that will not run without Java being properly installed and it is working fine.

Is there a setting somewhere to run the install in this way, on one of my other W10 PC's the install
    runs the usual way IE it lets me change the install folder if I want.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Nov 28, 2017
  6. Just to be sure: did you download both the installer files from mentioned oracle page/website? Did you try a logged installation and did you check logfiles?

According to Installing With a Configuration File you should also check the C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\java.settings.cfg file; if it exists, delete/rename it.

muchomurka, Nov 29, 2017
  7. Hi

I did not download the files on the link as I wanted to try the files I had first
    and since the install worked, albeit behind the scenes, and the programs worked
    I just left well enough alone

Thanks for the link though, I have saved it for future use, so much quicker than going through
    the usual process on the Java Download site.

If the same thing happens again I will follow the process you defined exactly.

Thanks and regards

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Nov 29, 2017
  8. Cannot install "jre-8u151-windows-i586" exe

HI

I hope I've got this right, I need to set the Java Path and Java Home Path in Control Panel.

Could someone please tell me how to do that?

Thanks

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Dec 6, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    Java takes care of that on its own if you are using it for Development, etc. You do not have to put anything in the Java Control Panel shortcut.

bro67, Dec 6, 2017
  10. Hi

I have a program that will not work without it. it does not go in Java Control Panel
    but somewhere in Control Panel, it could be Environment Variables, I don't know, that
    is why I asked.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Dec 6, 2017
  11. Not quite sure whether I have in mind the same thing (environment variable) but you can try to set it here: Control Panel - System - Advanced System Properties - Environment variables - New... (user or preferably system-wide variable).

Cannot install "jre-8u151-windows-i586" exe [​IMG]

muchomurka, Dec 6, 2017
  12. That's the one, all fixed.

thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Daniel

Cannot install "jre-8u151-windows-i586" exe [​IMG]

daniellouwrens, Dec 7, 2017
  13. Cannot install "jre-8u151-windows-i586" exe

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Regards, M.

muchomurka, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot install "jre-8u151-windows-i586" exe

1. Cannot install "jre-8u151-windows-i586" exe - Similar Threads - Cannot install jre

2. JRE Setup not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JRE Setup not working: I need help, So I have been trying to install JRE on my new Windows 10 laptop and every time I click on the setup it gives the prompt and I click Yes and nothing happens, I have tried a ton of possible solutions like running a clean boot, or trying to disable UAC and even...
  3. JRE Setup not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JRE Setup not working: I need help, So I have been trying to install JRE on my new Windows 10 laptop and every time I click on the setup it gives the prompt and I click Yes and nothing happens, I have tried a ton of possible solutions like running a clean boot, or trying to disable UAC and even...
  4. JRE Setup not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot install certain .exe files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot install certain .exe files in Windows 10: Can anyone please help? I cannot install certain Logitech files e.g. SetPoint6.70.55_64.exe and Logitech-Wireless-Solar-Keyboard-K750-Set-Point-driver-for-Windows-64-bit.exe. However, I CAN install other .exe files such as unifying250.exe and Options_8.54.161.exe.I am running...
  6. MediaCreationtool2004.exe cannot install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MediaCreationtool2004.exe cannot install Windows 10: Cannot install Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool2004exe-cannot-install-windows-10/3bdbdf79-f691-4d77-aaca-78464fce56b0
  7. exe. files and installation packages cannot be

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe. files and installation packages cannot be: greetings dear community, two days ago, I got myself a new laptop for gaming. this is not a brand new laptop, but a second hand one like new. so later I tried to install bitdefender total security on it. it would download fully, but everytime it tries to decompress the...
  8. Windows cannot find jre\bin\javaw.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows cannot find jre\bin\javaw.exe: Everytime I try to download something as an add on for Minecraft I get this error message ive tried so many things nothings working any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-jrebinjavawexe/3b7672e1-c922-4fe3-88da-e607173aa2fd
  9. Cannot install a downloaded .exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install a downloaded .exe file: I have a bizarre situation where I download a program from a website and the setup .exe file appears correctly in the Download folder. When I double-click the .exe file to install it, it disappears from the Download folder. Is there an issue with my Windows 10 registry? I...
  10. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...