Windows 10: Cannot install TAP software on W10 PC

Discus and support Cannot install TAP software on W10 PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running KIS 2017, have tried installing those VPN software client - I have a NordVPN connection & have also tried installing trials of some other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by john998, Feb 24, 2017.

1. john998 Win User

Cannot install TAP software on W10 PC

I am running KIS 2017, have tried installing those VPN software client - I have a NordVPN connection & have also tried installing trials of some other VPN software client. No VPN software can be used to the lack of TAP adapter is not getting installed. I have even tried after uninstalling KIS but not there is no change in fortune.

I cannot install the TAP software even after uninstalling KIS.

Saw some posts that Windows 10 often has problems related to TAP adapter.

In my case ( see 4th screenshot) the ComponentID is already present and its value is set to PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&REV_06

In my device manager there is no TAP adapter. Please help me as I am not able to use VPN software

Cannot install TAP software on W10 PC [​IMG]

:)

john998, Feb 24, 2017
  2. Metal_003 Win User

I cannot install Nokia Software Updater on my Pc

I have used it before... but nw it seems that as i start the installer just d next second , the window appears to be black. And then i can only see the "Tick" & the "X" option.. I cant see aything other than that..

wel i tried installin the new windows installer nd the msxml file..... But still aint working..

plz help me ASAP....

Metal_003, Feb 24, 2017
  3. zwikas Win User
    I cannot install Nokia Software Updater on my Pc

Hi,

I have a problem with the Nokia Software Updater instrallaion on my pc.

When I start the installation is interrepted and the following message appears.

THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS WINDOWS INSTALLER PACKAGE.

A SCRIPT REQUIRED FOR THIS INSTALL TO COMPLETE COULD NOT BE RUN.

CONTACT YOUR SUPPORT PERSONNEL OR PACKAGE VENDOR.

CUSTOM ACTION KILL_PROCESS SCRIPT ERROR- 2147217394,: LINE 5, COLUMN 1,

Could you please help?

Best regards

zwikas, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Cannot install TAP software on W10 PC

Caledon Ken, Feb 25, 2017
Thema:

Cannot install TAP software on W10 PC

1. Cannot install TAP software on W10 PC - Similar Threads - Cannot install TAP

2. Cannot install software in Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install software in Windows11: Hi,I am a students and I need to install Ansys students version in windows 11. But nothing launches or pop ups after selecting the installation file. The loading cursor is visible for sometime and nothing happens. Same is the issue with premier, but I could see the...
  3. Cannot install new software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install new software: Hi, lately I'm having some problems with my laptop. About a week ago I had an issue where I couldn't log into my Microsoft account after installing some updates, it kept saying "Preparing Windows" and then logging me into a temporary account, but I fixed that by restarting....
  4. Software instal on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Software instal on PC: How do I install Zoom app for meetings from zoom.us? Microsoft is not allowing me to install any software other than Microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-instal-on-pc/94149489-ed35-47d7-a755-1a144caefe09
  5. Cannot Install Printer Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Install Printer Software: Cannot Install HP CP1515n Printer Software on my Win 10 64bit ! When i try to install the software wont recognize printer via USB ! I can print documents ! HP printer appear in the Printers&Scanners as DEFAULT !...
  6. Cannot install software (InstallShield)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot install software (InstallShield): Hi Microsoft Team, For some reason I am not able to install anything on my computer that uses InstallShield. Error is: "Unhandled Exception Error Number: 0x80004005 Description: Unspecified Error Setup will now terminate." I'm not using RDC or any other...
  7. Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?: Hi there - I have a couple of Dell XPS systems running W10 Pro, x64. When I try to update them with new applications or drivers downloaded from Dell's website, they fail. For me, the way around this is to create a blank local user account, install/update then go back to my...
  8. Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?: Hi everyone - I have a couple of Dell XPS systems running W10 Pro, x64. When I try to update them with new applications or drivers downloaded from Dell's website, they fail. For me, the way around this is to create a blank local user account, install/update then go back to...
  9. W10 - cannot install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 - cannot install.: I have a windows 7 home premium PC that performs faultlessly. Just after the W10 upgrade became available - I did install 10, just to have a look at the various features etc. At that stage I decided to return to the Win7 system - which I did with no problem. I now wish to...
  10. Cannot install W10 Pro (full install) - wants NEW PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install W10 Pro (full install) - wants NEW PC: A little history. I have been a PC owner/user for over 25 years, and have built my own systems from scratch for the last 20 years. I'm currently on the fourth build in my current ATX case. I had been a W2000 user, but had to migrate to Windows 7. I was happy with W7, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. i cannot install softwares on my w10