Windows 10: Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update

Discus and support Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, Need some help... I had Windows 7 Ultimate on my pc then, I got the free copy of Windows 10 per Microsoft. My system now is Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kpitao, Oct 31, 2016.

1. kpitao Win User

Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update

Hello all,

Need some help... I had Windows 7 Ultimate on my pc then, I got the free copy of Windows 10 per Microsoft.
    My system now is Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS build (10586.633)
    The anniversary update fails every time..... things that I have tried:
    completely pause (stop) Norton Anti-virus
    completely pause (stop) Malwarebytes
    Clean boot

I build this pc about 5 yrs ago, never had a problem; here are the specs:

Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 3.0 ghz
    12gb DDR3
    Windows 64 bit
    256 gb SSD drive for OS
    2 tb drive for data

Any help will be appreciated;

Thanks

:)

kpitao, Oct 31, 2016

2. how to contact system administrator

It doesn't make sense why can't use the latest Win10 ISO with the anniversary updates, it fails, so I cannot use Windows Update to install anniversary updates, I cannot upgrade using the ISO so what's my option? Reformat and reinstall Windows 10? That
    doesn't sound right.

Brian Selva, Oct 31, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Uninstall anniversary update (installed with windows 10)

Sadly, no you cannot create an installer without the Anniversary Update, you will have to search for Windows 10 Build 1511 ISO

DaveM121, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update

Brightblessings, Oct 31, 2016
  5. kpitao Win User
    tried that already it fails.....

error 0x8007042B - 0x2000D
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

kpitao, Nov 1, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Here is an in-depth analysis of the upgrade process and how to understand and correct such errors. As it happens, yours is the error they chose to use as a worked example...

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/...lyze-log-files

Your error is no doubt down to a corrupt file (not necessarily the one above). The methods in the above analysis example should help you locate your corrupt file(s) and remove/replace them.

Bree, Nov 1, 2016
  7. kpitao Win User
    Follow the steps on this page and did not work.... still unable to update

kpitao, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update

1. Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update - Similar Threads - Cannot install anniversary

2. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  3. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  4. Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update: Of course after I set everything to not need password login my PC and MS reset everything back to login with password or PIN. Sure these are all saved, on drives etc. only accessible from the PC environment. There is a lot of bad information on how to successfully recover...
  5. Cannot Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Freeze during Update)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Freeze during Update): Search Results I am trying to update from Windows 10 OS Build 10586.589 to the Anniversary Update but my computer freezes at 1% progress. I have tried everything I can think of including: Unplugging all extra SATA drives except my main SSD, unplugging my wireless network...
  6. Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  7. BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I'm having trouble installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The installation of the update seems to get to about 70% complete, then I get a BSOD saying "kernel security check failure". Then the update system automatically rolls back my Windows installation to the...
  8. BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Attachment 94766 I'm having trouble installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The installation of the update seems to get to about 75% complete, then I get a BSOD. Then the update system automatically rolls back my Windows installation to the pre-Anniversary Update...
  9. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  10. Clean Install of Windows 10 including Anniversary Update

Clean Install of Windows 10 including Anniversary Update: I have a problem after installing the Anniversary Update of Windows 10. This post concerns the process which involves a clean re-install of Windows 10 by the method which includes downloading and running Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, choosing "Create Media for another PC"....