Windows 10: cannot install windows 10 on USB

Discus and support cannot install windows 10 on USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows 10 got downloaded onto my computer by auto updates but i have not installed it. I want to do a clean install but when i go to the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mapa, Jul 16, 2016.

1. mapa Win User

cannot install windows 10 on USB

windows 10 got downloaded onto my computer by auto updates but i have not installed it. I want to do a clean install but when i go to the windows download page it will not let me download.. I am assuming it is because it is already on my computer. can I get it off? or is there another solution?

:)

2. usb recovery after upgrade windows 10

You can make a usb that installs Windows 10 at the link. You cannot make a usb that runs Windows 10, however.

Cbarnhorst, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Deggs45 Win User
    I have accidently uninstalled my win 10 usb drivers

I have uninstalled my windows 10 usb drivers whilst installing a usb 3card. Now i cannot access my keyboard, mouse, cannot log in HELP how do i install my drivers????

Deggs45, Jul 16, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

I'm not sure what you mean by "Windows download page".

You can get the .ISO using the Media Creation Tool or by direct download:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

Please seriously consider imaging your existing Windows installation before replacing the OS.

The original way to activate a Win 10 upgrade was only as an upgrade over an activated qualifying. You could subsequently do a clean install and Microsoft's servers would remember a "digital entitlement" and activate 10 on the same hardware. That changed with the November 2015 Win 10 release:

Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First

but I can't pretend to be familiar with all of the issues. In particular, activating a clean install on a Windows 7 machine with an OEM copy of 7 may pose problems. The simplest route might be an upgrade (with activation) followed by a clean install.

bobkn, Jul 16, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    An oem key is fine if unused or on same pc - no need to install windows 7 first.

If pc came with windows 7 preinstalled, you usually need key on blue sticker on base of pc.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot install windows 10 on USB - Similar Threads - cannot install USB

2. Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.: Hello,I have a HP EliteDesk 800 G1, I have format the SSD hard drive, but when I try to install windows 10 22H2 from Memory stick get the following message up on the screen.Can someone tell me how to fix this issue, please see photo attached.Thanks...
  3. Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.: Hello,I have a HP EliteDesk 800 G1, I have format the SSD hard drive, but when I try to install windows 10 22H2 from Memory stick get the following message up on the screen.Can someone tell me how to fix this issue, please see photo attached.Thanks...
  4. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my system, since I gave up trying to fix the boot record and backup never worked Shame on the vendor of the software who does not follow up my support question!I have made a boot USB, but every time I try to boot the system will crash after a...
  5. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my system, since I gave up trying to fix the boot record and backup never worked Shame on the vendor of the software who does not follow up my support question!I have made a boot USB, but every time I try to boot the system will crash after a...
  6. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot use USB to install the windows 10

Cannot use USB to install the windows 10: When i go bios to select usb drive but when i delete partion 3 and press install it will only stuck at 23% which it can't install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-usb-to-install-the-windows-10/fe077be8-0154-4be7-82bd-ff157b3dfed9
  8. Cannot install Windows 10 from USB

Cannot install Windows 10 from USB: Hello guys, So I have an old HP laptop, and I am trying to install windows 10 on it. I've been trying to fix the problems for ages. Here is the thing, there is no windows at all in it, it just DOESN'T boot, I've used another PC to download windows 10 from the Creation Tool...
  9. Problems cannot complete installation of Windows 10 from USB

Problems cannot complete installation of Windows 10 from USB: I am trying to upgrade my box to Windows 10 Pro. I created the installation file with Rufus and inserted in box. Immediately received the message "Part EFI Remove media and reboot." I then recreated the installation file with Rufus using MBR and UEFi. I re-inserted the USB....
  10. Cannot boot of installer USB (Windows 10)

Cannot boot of installer USB (Windows 10): I am trying to dual boot my system, I made one partition of my hard drive smaller, and added a new one for my second copy of windows on. I made my USB on Media creation tool, with 64x English windows 10. Restart, boot from USB. When I try to boot I get this error every...