Windows 10: Cannot install windows 10

Discus and support Cannot install windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i have an IBM Thinkcentre desktop pc core 2 duo 1.86Ghz running on windows 7 ultimate. I have windows 10 cd and when i boot from cd to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lakshi, Aug 20, 2016.

1. lakshi Win User

Cannot install windows 10

Hello, i have an IBM Thinkcentre desktop pc core 2 duo 1.86Ghz running on windows 7 ultimate. I have windows 10 cd and when i boot from cd to install windows 10, it is just stuck at the circle going round and doesnt go beyond that. But when i logon and boot on windows 7 i can install windows 10 successfully by double clicking on dvd drive that has windows 10 CD....help

:)

lakshi, Aug 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 20, 2016
  4. sn00ker Win User

Maybe the download was corrupted or maybe a bad disk . Try downloading windows 10 again with the correct version and use a new disk, give that a go . Also, did your IBM Thinkcentre desktop ever had windows 10 installed and activated, if not ? The free upgrade is over. If it had 10 activated already then give what I said redownloading a new 10 iso

sn00ker, Aug 20, 2016
  5. lakshi Win User
    There is nothing wrong with the hard disc since it has Windows 7 installed on it. Also, I tried 3 different ISO same problem. And my pc never had 10 installed on it. Do u think my motherboard doesn't support 10? Strangely I can install 10 through DVD rom when I'm running Windows 7

lakshi, Aug 20, 2016
  6. sn00ker Win User
    I don't know whether your board does or doesn't support 10, but what I do know if your system never had windows 10 prior to July 29/16 deadline you wouldn't be able to get the free upgrade . What you need to ask is do you want to buy windows 10 now ? And why would you want to install 10 on an old computer? Windows 10 requirements

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster.
    RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
    Free hard disk space: 16 GB.
    Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.
    A Microsoft account and Internet access.

sn00ker, Aug 20, 2016
  7. lakshi Win User
    I read somewhere that I can solve this problem by Turned off fast startup

lakshi, Aug 20, 2016
  8. Rocky Win User

Which problem can you solve by turning off Fast Startup?

Rocky, Aug 20, 2016
  9. lakshi Win User
    I meant I can install Windows 10 by turning off Fast Startup

lakshi, Aug 20, 2016
  10. Rocky Win User
    In addition you will also need a copy of Windows 10 on an installation medium such as a DVD or a USB stick.

Rocky, Aug 21, 2016
  11. Please update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

• In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field. The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series.
      For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.

• Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.
    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information, field by field, from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.

Thanks

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot install windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot install

2. Cannot install Windows updates via Software Center - Error code on Software Center:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Windows updates via Software Center - Error code on Software Center:...: Hi everyone, Thanks in advance. Somehow it is not possible to install 2 pending updates, getting the error code on Software Center: 0x80073701-2147010815.What I have done so far and some more information is below, it would be nice if you could share some ideas on how to solve...
  3. Cannot install Windows updates via Software Center - Error code on Software Center:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Windows updates via Software Center - Error code on Software Center:...: Hi everyone, Thanks in advance. Somehow it is not possible to install 2 pending updates, getting the error code on Software Center: 0x80073701-2147010815.What I have done so far and some more information is below, it would be nice if you could share some ideas on how to solve...
  4. I cannot install the Media Feature Pack

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install the Media Feature Pack: We have a bout 100 machines with Windows 10/11 Pro N. The New Teams doesn't always work on these machines and a message is being displayed on the camera app that the Media Feature Pack is needed. I'm however unable to install this. Whether going to "Add an optional feature"...
  5. I cannot install the Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install the Media Feature Pack: We have a bout 100 machines with Windows 10/11 Pro N. The New Teams doesn't always work on these machines and a message is being displayed on the camera app that the Media Feature Pack is needed. I'm however unable to install this. Whether going to "Add an optional feature"...
  6. I cannot install the Media Feature Pack

7. cannot install Project level 3 trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install Project level 3 trial: I signed up for trial version of Project level 3.I am using MS365 on a chrome bookI get a message that I can start the trial and then nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-project-level-3-trial/bcaff7a9-19d2-4193-bc3b-0b6fc6381f49
  8. cannot install Project level 3 trial

cannot install Project level 3 trial: I signed up for trial version of Project level 3.I am using MS365 on a chrome bookI get a message that I can start the trial and then nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-project-level-3-trial/bcaff7a9-19d2-4193-bc3b-0b6fc6381f49
  9. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...: My system information. hp ProBook 440 g8,windows 11 home. I uninstalled my audio drivers both from the audio inputs and outputs section and sound, video and game controller section in the device manager. Now the audio inputs and outputs and sound, video and game controller...
  10. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...: My system information. hp ProBook 440 g8,windows 11 home. I uninstalled my audio drivers both from the audio inputs and outputs section and sound, video and game controller section in the device manager. Now the audio inputs and outputs and sound, video and game controller...