Windows 10: Cannot install Windows Live Essentials in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot install Windows Live Essentials in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was having problems with Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 so I deleted the Windows Live Essentials from the computer. I subsequently could not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AGlenn, Sep 16, 2015.

1. AGlenn Win User

Cannot install Windows Live Essentials in Windows 10

I was having problems with Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 so I deleted the Windows Live Essentials from the computer. I subsequently could not reinstall. After much effort I gave up and upgraded to Windows 10 where all programs appear to work except that once again I cannot install Windows Live Essentials. I have turn ON the Windows Firewall and removed all Windows Live folders from my computer. The program gives the error message "It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working." Error message 0x80040609. In addition to turning Firewall on, I disabled Norton temporarily but the program gave the same message. Any idea what programs might be interfering or how I could get the program installed? I am most interested in Windows Live Mail and need to get it up and running as soon as possible.

:)

AGlenn, Sep 16, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

WLMP files

WLMP is not a video file format, it is a project file format used in Windows Live Movie Maker. Therefore it cannot be converted to an mp4 file . . .

However you can download Windows Live essentials 2012 and see if it can open these files . . .

While Microsoft no longer support Windows Live Essentials, it will happily run on WIndows 10.

Click this link to get Windows Live Essential:

https://digiex.net/threads/windows-live-essenti...

DaveM121, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Is Microsoft Live Essentials necessary with Windows 10?

Hi,

Windows Essentials 2012 is available at

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/essentials

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

Cannot install Windows Live Essentials in Windows 10

1. Cannot install Windows Live Essentials in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot install Live

2. Installing Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11: I am trying to install Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11 because I want to use Movie Maker and Photo Gallery. I have installed Net Framework 3,5 first but still get an error message 0x800c0006. Any ideas, please?...
  3. Installing Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11: I am trying to install Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11 because I want to use Movie Maker and Photo Gallery. I have installed Net Framework 3,5 first but still get an error message 0x800c0006. Any ideas, please?...
  4. Windows Essentials Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Essentials Installation: Hi, I cannot install Windows Essentials in Windows Error code is 0*800c0006. Need help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-essentials-installation/d9a5e279-9164-4797-b8b5-ec8bce6dba4d
  5. Windows Essentials Live Gallery alternative?

Windows Essentials Live Gallery alternative?: Hello, We are getting ready to move to windows 10. We used to use Windows Essentials Live Gallery to import photos from the camera in groups and auto resize them. IS there a way to do that in Windows 10 or an alternative to Windows Essentials?...
  6. LIVE ESSENTIALS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LIVE ESSENTIALS: LOST WINDOWS LIVE ESSENTIALS 2012 AFTER RECENT UPDATE,CANNOT RE-INSTALL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/live-essentials/c5b4d6c2-6589-4d9a-af74-19e551aa1714
  7. Windows Live Essentials

Windows Live Essentials: Does anyone know if Microsoft is going to replace Windows Live Essentials as I heard on a cnet message forum administrator that Microsoft will no longer offer that suite or programs? I used to use Windows Live Writer to blog but I needed more features, especially with...
  8. Windows Live Essentials Updates + Microsoft Expression Web

Windows Live Essentials Updates + Microsoft Expression Web: Does anyone know why Microsoft canceled support/discontinued Microsoft Expression Web and why Windows Live Essentials, especially Windows Live Writer hasn't been updated in years? Both are great products but Windows Live Writer is my heartbeat but I stopped using it as i...
  9. Live essentials 2012 failed to install

Live essentials 2012 failed to install: Hi all, hope some good sould could help me here.*Smile I want to install back live mail 2012 but at the end of the installation it keeps on reporting the following: It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working. Error: 0x80070643 Source:...
  10. Windows Live Essentials

Windows Live Essentials: I'll tell you what I think shall I? I think that Microsoft doing away with Windows Live Essentials such as mail and messenger is wrong, they are basically trying to FORCE people who HATE skype (such as myself) to use it and outlook and I much prefer Live Mail and Messenger...