Windows 10: Cannot install Windows TP

Discus and support Cannot install Windows TP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have followed the tutorials from this forum. Downloaded .iso (both US and GB versions). Made thumb-drive and multiple DVDs (both -R and +R) using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KETBD, Oct 23, 2014.

1. KETBD Win User

Cannot install Windows TP

I have followed the tutorials from this forum. Downloaded .iso (both US and GB versions). Made thumb-drive and multiple DVDs (both -R and +R) using "Windows 7 USB DVD download tool" and "Rufus". Additionally, I have tried 2 different "unallocated" HDDs and created an "unallocated" partition on yet a 3rd HDD that has Windows 7 installed.

Using the thumb-drive or the DVDs on either of the blank HDDs, I get the following response:
    >Light-blue Windows 8 logo appears
    >2 to 3 of the loading-circle white dots appear
    >HDD starts to whir
    >Continues for nearly a minute, then the key-board diodes flash, and the mouse laser cycles
    >HDD slows down, but continues
    >Eventually black screen
    >The HDD light flickers a little, occasionally I heard a little action, but still black screen

I read on some post here that there was a wifi driver that held something up for someone and that person required ~90 minutes to clear. So, I let it stay in the black-screen condition and went to work. When I came home, no progress. Only out. Hold power button and shut down.

Eventually I thought of just looking at the files burned on the DVD. So, reconnecting the Windows 7 HDD, I fired it up and looked around. All looks fine, I see a "setup.exe" file. So, I gave the US-version .iso disk I made a try. Started out favorably. Got a Windows loading screen and a "accept conditions" screen. Then a "What do you want to keep screen". Accepted, and answered, and off it goes. It got to 16%, then stopped. Brought me back to my Windows 7 desktop with a little window that showed "Something Happened" and Windows TP could not install. Not much to go on.
    So, I tried the GB version, and did the same thing. This time, it goes all the way through. 100%. So, I thinking "yea!". Then says it will restart. So, when restart, Light-Blue Windows 8 logo, 3 white circle dots, keyboard/mouse lights cycle, then black screen. Only out. Power button. *Sad
    When it comes back up, it almost starts Windows 8 logo, then restarts. After long pause, brings me to a screen that says "We Couldn't install Windows Technical Preview"
    Error code: 0xC1900101-0x2000C
    I hit "ok" and it has restored my Windows 7 in fine working order.

So, I am stuck, no idea what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

KETBD, Oct 23, 2014
  2. Andrei V. Win User

I want to know about reserve copy of windows10

Yes, your observation is correct, but the user I responded to said that he wiped Windows 7 from the computer and install Windows 10 TP instead.

In this case he cannot upgrade to Windows 10 RTM based on his Windows 7 license.

Because he didn't install Windows 10 TP by upgrading.

Read carefully his question above.

Andrei V., Oct 23, 2014
  3. Get rid of defender !

I agree you shouldn't install any third-party Anti-Malware for Windows 10 TP. The reason is other Anti-Malware products are not officially supported on Windows 10 TP, which means even though, you might be able to install them and run them, they haven't tested
    properly with Windows 10 TP and they might not work well and cause error and problems.

You may only install them , if the manufacturer indicate their products is working and supported on Windows 10 TP. Of course during final release of Windows 10 TP , there would be many compatible version of Anti-Malware products but for now, it is better
    you don't install any other Anti-Malware products.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Oct 23, 2014
  4. Cannot install Windows TP

ThrashZone, Oct 24, 2014
  5. KETBD Win User
    Thank you for your input.
    Actually, what I am most trying to do is a clean install on a blank HDD. This trial on a Windows 7 HDD (so not a Win 8/8.1 issue) is not my focus.

What does Bitlocker do?

KETBD, Oct 25, 2014
  6. ThrashZone, Oct 25, 2014
  7. KETBD Win User
    Solved: Removed the "unallocated" HDD to another computer. Installed it with no other drives. Did this in desperation. I picked up one of the .iso DVDs I made, popped it in and gave it a try. To my joy and surprise, it WORKED. Installed! As soon as it came to a natural stable spot, I shut down. Moved this HDD back to the original computer, WORKS! In fact, have now upgraded to 9860. Very bizarre. Don't understand why in the install media, Thumb-drive or vairous DVDs would not work in the original environment. But, I am up and runnimg Win TP now.....
    Thanks

KETBD, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot install Windows TP

1. Cannot install Windows TP - Similar Threads - Cannot install

2. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...: My system information. hp ProBook 440 g8,windows 11 home. I uninstalled my audio drivers both from the audio inputs and outputs section and sound, video and game controller section in the device manager. Now the audio inputs and outputs and sound, video and game controller...
  3. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...: My system information. hp ProBook 440 g8,windows 11 home. I uninstalled my audio drivers both from the audio inputs and outputs section and sound, video and game controller section in the device manager. Now the audio inputs and outputs and sound, video and game controller...
  4. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install/update anything on ms store: I've tried countless times trying to fix this problem it just keeps repeating the same message "Something happened on our end.", I have tried resetting the cache, resetting through the settings app and even tried different products but nothing worked. windows 10 is my OS...
  6. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install/update anything on ms store: I've tried countless times trying to fix this problem it just keeps repeating the same message "Something happened on our end.", I have tried resetting the cache, resetting through the settings app and even tried different products but nothing worked. windows 10 is my OS...
  7. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

8. Windows Server 2019 cannot install Client-ProjFS required for Visual Studio 2022 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 cannot install Client-ProjFS required for Visual Studio 2022 to...: Windows Server 2019 cannot install Client-ProjFS required for Visual Studio 2022 to properly install.https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/t/MicrosoftVisualStudioTestToolsProjFS/10636048Please see my post here about visual studio. They're saying this is a Windows...
  9. Windows Server 2019 cannot install Client-ProjFS required for Visual Studio 2022 to...

Windows Server 2019 cannot install Client-ProjFS required for Visual Studio 2022 to...: Windows Server 2019 cannot install Client-ProjFS required for Visual Studio 2022 to properly install.https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/t/MicrosoftVisualStudioTestToolsProjFS/10636048Please see my post here about visual studio. They're saying this is a Windows...
  10. Why I cannot install Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot install Forza Horizon 4: I have had Forza Horizon 4 before on this computer. Now when I try to install it from Microsoft Store it fails. It let's me begin the installation, then when it's at the end it says "Something happened on our end" at the Library section and the installation fails. I have...