Windows 10: cannot join domain on server 2003

Discus and support cannot join domain on server 2003 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, since Microsoft released 1803 version of Windows 10, I am not able to join domain on SBS 2003 (single label). On June 2018 some updates was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robajz, Jul 9, 2018.

1. robajz Win User

cannot join domain on server 2003

Hi all,

since Microsoft released 1803 version of Windows 10, I am not able to join domain on SBS 2003 (single label).
    On June 2018 some updates was released in Win10 1709 and since then it is not possible to connect to domain too.
    The only solution is clean installation of version 1709, after that the computer can connect to this domain.

Workstation runs Win10 64bit 1803 build updated.
    Server runs SBS2003 SP2 32bit.

Error message:

SRV record requested for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.DOMAIN.
    These domain controllers were identificated:
    server.domain
    Unfortunately it was not possible to contact any of these domain controllers.

Can anyone help me or does the same experiences?

Thanks in advance.

:)

robajz, Jul 9, 2018

2. Domain Join

When a PC is joined to a domain then it is linked with a domain server. Servers are frequently found in a business environment and rarely in a home environment. It is extremely unlikely that you have a domain or a server.

Frederik Long, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Outlook 2016, the Mail App, and Windows Server 2003

Outlook 2016 is not compatible with Exchange Server 2003 if thats what you are using. But you should still be able to join a Windows Server 2003 Domain.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 9, 2018
  4. cannot join domain on server 2003

Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

cannot join domain on server 2003

1. cannot join domain on server 2003 - Similar Threads - cannot join domain

2. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts: A laptop recently came to me that had been wiped by a 3rd party repair service. This has reset it from Edu Pro to Home version.I've reimaged it using an Edu Pro ISO from a USB, but I've had to create a temporary personal account to sign in to do so. I'm autopiloting it...
  3. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts: A laptop recently came to me that had been wiped by a 3rd party repair service. This has reset it from Edu Pro to Home version.I've reimaged it using an Edu Pro ISO from a USB, but I've had to create a temporary personal account to sign in to do so. I'm autopiloting it...
  4. How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...: HiI tried so many things, the closest I got was with the lines below, but that won't let me change the color settings. The installed printer prints only BW.Meaning there's something with the HP Universal Print Driver? Or what can be the problem? The printer is set to color on...
  5. How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...: HiI tried so many things, the closest I got was with the lines below, but that won't let me change the color settings. The installed printer prints only BW.Meaning there's something with the HP Universal Print Driver? Or what can be the problem? The printer is set to color on...
  6. How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2: Hello Team,My customer have active directory on windows server 2008 R2- His windows server shutdown by electric power off- After Electric on then he start windows active directory on windows server 2008 R2- Normal the active directory - But new client unable to join the...
  8. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  9. client/server on vb -joining domains error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    client/server on vb -joining domains error: hi there, I'm installing client/server architecture on the oracle vb. my platform is win 10 home. I would like to install server 2016 and win 10 pro on the vb. I've got both machines customized in settings and running. however when it came to joining domains, win 10 pro...
  10. Cannot get the Join Domain option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get the Join Domain option: I am an administrator and I did expose the hidden Administrator. When I go to Settings | About, I do not get the Join Domain option. Am I missing a step? Many thanks for any help... Todd 104658

Users found this page by searching for:

1. join sbs2003 win10