Windows 10: Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account

Discus and support Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just updated to Windows 10 and the account I migrated from Windows 7 won't let me link my Microsoft account. Windows Store crashes when I click Sign... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FailLord, Jul 31, 2015.

1. FailLord Win User

Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account

I just updated to Windows 10 and the account I migrated from Windows 7 won't let me link my Microsoft account. Windows Store crashes when I click Sign In, and any other button that would bring up a dialog box is just unresponsive (Cortana, User Settings, ect.) I've created another local account and the problem doesn't persist on that account, just the one I migrated from Windows 7. Any help is appreciated.

:)

FailLord, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 Local Account

And we get a tutorial that shows us how to create a dang account instead of how to get our . Like we are stupid! Ugh!

local account, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Local Account

I am logged into my Microsoft account and I want to log into the current I have used for years. When I followed instructions, it wants me to create a new instead of just adding the current one. How do I add the current one that
    has all of my settings already established on my computer?

Thanks.

Staci

local account, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account

What worked for me was reinstalling Windows. If you upgraded online, run the "MediaCreationToolx64.exe" utility and re-download all the installation files. When it's done, it'll start running the installation and fail (at least it did for me). To jump-start it back into action, go to the "C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources" folder and re-run the Setup.exe. If you have an installation disc, you can just run it from there. After that whole process finished, I was able to log into my MS account again. My guess is something in the original upgrade got goofed up so it had to be reinstalled to correct it.

Let us know how you get on!

thefutureme, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account

1. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account - Similar Threads - Cannot link Microsoft

2. Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account: Hi,On my current/old Win 10 PC I use a Microsoft account with a user ID that has more than five characters.I now have a new PC and want to add my existing MS account into this PC.On my new PC, when I created the same user ID of more than five characters, it truncated it to...
  3. Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account: Hi,On my current/old Win 10 PC I use a Microsoft account with a user ID that has more than five characters.I now have a new PC and want to add my existing MS account into this PC.On my new PC, when I created the same user ID of more than five characters, it truncated it to...
  4. Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to link a Microsoft Account to a Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to link a Microsoft Account to a Local Account: I have a very weird scenario and the only thing I can think of is that Microsoft released an update which screwed this all up. Here's my scenario: I have two laptops that I causally use for specific tasks. One of them I just picked up, while the other I've had for a few...
  6. Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account: I set up my main desktop PC with a local account but have now learned the error of my ways and want to change it to a Microsoft Account. All of the online tutorials say to simply click the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". But that option is not there. Instead it...
  7. Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already': Hello, I linked my Microsoft account to an admin account on Windows, and then removed it. I shifted over to a new user profile and have tried to link to Microsoft, but I always get the message that the email is 'here already' even though I have deleted the old user account...
  8. Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro: Hi, just installed new PC and have following issue: - I do not see option on account tab to link my local account to Microsoft account ("sing in with Microsoft Account instead") - As note - I can add Microsoft accounts of family members including me. - I also do not see...
  9. Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hello, after a Windows Reset i got a message: "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps" So i deleted and ulinked my Microsoft Account and converted my User as Local User and not a Microsoft Account user. The problem...
  10. Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account: Hi all, When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing. Click, click, click. Similarly, when I try to log in the Windows store app, I get an application error with cryptic codes...