Windows 10: Cannot load win live. Says it is there already

Discus and support Cannot load win live. Says it is there already in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I did a clean boot to Win7, installed all updates. Downloaded Win Essentials. It worked. But when I tried to add my emails I did something and it would... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by EDZIM, Jul 14, 2016.

1. EDZIM Win User

Cannot load win live. Says it is there already

I did a clean boot to Win7, installed all updates. Downloaded Win Essentials. It worked. But when I tried to add my emails I did something and it would not open . Tried to re install Win essentials but it says "you already have it". I up graded to Win10. Still have the problem. Win Live doesn't appear in the Apps list, or programs list, in the control panel. Removed all references to Win live in user/apps/local etc. Still when trying to download Win Essentials it says, "done you already have it". Any idea how to fully remove it without doing a clean boot so I can get it to download??

:)

EDZIM, Jul 14, 2016

2. Display not same as on my Surface Pro

My Surface Pro is showing it is already updated to latest setting and it also says in the instructions you sent

"You cannot download and install Surface updates manually on Surface Pro or Surface Pro 2."

so I cannot adjust for Win 8 comparability mode. Please advise on how to get around this issue as I still can not manually load driver using Win 8 compatability mode.

MarkIwanowski, Jul 14, 2016
  3. erb2400 Win User
    When it starts, it says there is an error then it will restart say there is an error WDF voliation, restart.

Original Title: WDF voliation

I just upgraded from W7 pro to W10.

when it starts, it says there is an error then it will restart say there is an error WDF voliation, restart, say it is repairing, then there is an error, and it repeats and repeats same thing.

It is an HP computer, U have tried "esc" at start up, but can't get to the safe mode. I can not use the computer

erb2400, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Download wlarp.exe http://g.live.com/1rewlive4arp/wlarp.exe
    a. Rightclick on start button
    b. ClickCommand Prompt w/ administrator.
    c. Runthe following commands to uninstall Windows Live Essentials:
    · (64bit) "c:\program files (x86)\windowslive\installer\wlarp.exe" /cleanup:all /q
    · (32bit) "c:\program files\windowslive\installer\wlarp.exe" /cleanup:all /q
    d. Adialog box shows status until uninstallation has completed
    will remove all Wlive programs completelyallowing for reinstall.

Bastet, Jul 15, 2016
  5. EDZIM Win User
    Thanks for the quick response Doctor (Who) 9Fan. I found the admin command prompt and typed the command that was given, into the window. I wasn't sure if the quote marks were required or not so I did it both ways. also tried without the final command. All attempts gave the message "Not recognized as int or ext command operable program or command". The command window types, C:\windows\system 32> . Tried to download the file indicated but the site "Reason Core Security" had so many listed programs I could not find a match. I selected the nearest one, and wound up with Reason Core Security trial loaded on my pc. So Help still..

EDZIM, Jul 15, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    look for Windows essentials instead of windows live.. When you click the uninstall button, you get an option to repair of uninstall.

essenbe, Jul 15, 2016
  7. Bastet Win User
    The link is a direct download the the file on ms servers so don't know how you visited another website, could be more going on on your PC than you first thought.
    If the wlarp.exe isn't on the system then it'll fail with that error.

Bastet, Jul 15, 2016
  8. EDZIM Win User

To essenbe: Thanks but Win essentials is not listed either. Neither apps list,program list, or local apps do not show either win live or win essentials. Dont know what to do now. would like to have win live as I have it on my other pc's . I will load another email app just so I can see responses from this pc.

EDZIM, Jul 15, 2016
  9. EDZIM Win User
    I am not to conversant any longer with command prompt usage. I haven't used it for 20 years or more. The suggested wlarp command is not understood by the command prompt with or without admin. What are the allowable commands? It sure sounds like that is the way to go. I'll try the download again. Google Chrome is my preferred browser.*Sad

EDZIM, Jul 15, 2016
  10. Bastet Win User
    Try another browser if possible to download the file.
    Make sure you're using the correct command for your system - it's different depending on whether you have a 32 bit or 64 bit system.

Bastet, Jul 15, 2016
  11. EDZIM Win User
    Thanks to all. Downloaded WLARP.exe finally and it worked. Thanks again to Doctor9Fan.

EDZIM, Jul 15, 2016
  12. Bastet Win User
    Good to hear everything is now fine.
    Have you also reinstalled WLMail & been able to add & use each email account successfully?

Bastet, Jul 15, 2016
  13. EDZIM Win User

Yes. I have installed Win Live and down loaded all my emails. I have to set up my folders and try to restore my old emails.
    I still dont know why I couldnt get the command window info that you sent to work. Thanks againfor your help. EdZiim.

EDZIM, Jul 15, 2016
  14. Bastet Win User
    For future reference you can save the Windows Live Mail folder under the hidden Microsoft folder which contains all the accounts & emails: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\
    You'll have to enter the password for each email account but you'll keep all your previously downloaded emails.
    To restore the saved folder, open WLMail to create a new Windows live mail folder then navigate to the above folder & paste the saved/original Windows live mail folder to overwrite the new folder, when you next open WLMail your accounts & emails will appear.

Bastet, Jul 15, 2016
  15. essenbe Win User
    @Doctor9fan, am I mistaken? I thought you had to replace 2 folders. I'm not sure as I have never tried it.

C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live

essenbe, Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot load win live. Says it is there already - Similar Threads - Cannot load live

2. I try to sign in to Xbox live on my 360, but it says this account is already associated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I try to sign in to Xbox live on my 360, but it says this account is already associated...: Eeeeeeeee I did this so I could post it so and by the way I'm not on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-sign-in-to-xbox-live-on-my-360-but-it/e14e1fd7-9248-46c5-9583-1bfcb2c6e429
  3. I try to sign in to Xbox live on my 360, but it says this account is already associated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I try to sign in to Xbox live on my 360, but it says this account is already associated...: Eeeeeeeee I did this so I could post it so and by the way I'm not on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-sign-in-to-xbox-live-on-my-360-but-it/e14e1fd7-9248-46c5-9583-1bfcb2c6e429
  4. it says i already own this app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    it says i already own this app: i was gonna download the xbox app on the microsoft store but it says i already own it when i go to click install it shows a circle with a red cross in it it does this for multible other games s well someone please help...
  5. cannot load quickcam software for s5500 on win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot load quickcam software for s5500 on win 10: Please let me know if logitech has what I need in order to make use of my QuickCam S5500. Or how to go about installing it if not. Sincerely Mike Duncan...
  6. says I live in Canada and I live in Missour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    says I live in Canada and I live in Missour: When I go to some sites and want to make an order it says I can't because it appears I live in Canada. Everything I can find shows my right location so how do I fix this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.: Dear all, I know there are a quite a few posts out there, but none of them are well documented and none of the given solutions solved mine, so here I am. The problem: I cannot add ANY mail account using windows 10 mail, I tried two hotmail accounts and two google...
  8. Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.: Dear all, I know there are a quite a few posts out there, but none of them are well documented and none of the given solutions solved mine, so here I am. The problem: I cannot add ANY mail account using windows 10 mail, I tried two hotmail accounts and two google...
  9. Halo 2 problem - Live already running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo 2 problem - Live already running: I cannot get Halo 2 to run on Windows 10 (fresh install not upgrade). It tells me that there is already a Live account running although I have no such account. Is this due to the Xbox system in W10? I don't use Xbox on W10 and cannot uninstall it as it is a mandatory system...
  10. Cannot create a folder as Windows says it already exists

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a folder as Windows says it already exists: 1) In May I created a folder on my mothers computer called "2016 Pics." When I visited her this past week the folder and it's contents were missing. I did file/folder search for the folder with no luck. each time I try to make a new folder with this same name Windows says the...